Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 11-03-2024, 03:44 PM
Master
Each year, 'new' minerals, crystals come to light with fantastic properties. "How could this be", I would ask.

For me, that venture started back in the 1990's.

There was a woman who took a very common iron conglomerate found in Utah, cleaned them up, probably oiled them, gave them some really nice 'powers' and trademarked them.

Shortly afterwards, another person came up with a really nice advertising magazine that was distributed at the shows for free. One person in the magazine, started coming up with 'new' minerals, crystals, etc. using the same technique the woman mentioned above used.

Each year, he came out with new items and each year he advertised in that magazine.

Then I realized the person behind the magazine was the same person behind the 'new' items. LOL!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-03-2024, 11:09 AM
Master
Energies ascribed to crystals may not be for everyone but I do wonder why else someone would be interested in crystals. Is it because they look pretty?
Fact you cannot feel the energies doesn't mean they don't have them...
Just means you can't feel them.
I sure as heck can!
To me crystals aren't just 'things' you buy or collect like you would stamps or teaspoons. To me they are (energy) beings that can change over time even (get activated at higher levels).

Fact is if you're a rather so called mental person, as in from the head and not the heart, the intuitive side hasn't really developed which is the cause of not being able to sense energies.
To then suggest others make them up is blaming the external for the fact you can't feel/sense energies because you haven't developed a part of you.
Kind of like a person without legs blaming others and trying to convince the world that walking is weird.

Just own the fact you are who you are without attempting to dismiss or knock other people who are different.
You could simply say that side of crystals is not for you and leave it at that. No need for the ridiculing, diminishing comments.
Old 13-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Master
Thumbs up

As time went by, I wrote several books on crystals, minerals, etc. in which I would describe their various properties.

But then, I always look back when I was a little boy and notice now 'more things' that I didn't see back then.

For example: when I was 5 or 6, my step-brother and myself went fishing in the creek way in back of our home. I caught some fish and I think for several months would ask my Mother if that was one of my fish she was cooking for supper. Thinking back upon it, I suspect my fish were so small they probably weren't eatable by the family and I now realize, my Mother would never have cleaned a fish. LOL!

When I was 7, we moved considerably north. Across the road was a 'larger' creek with a fairly large waterfalls. The place was a playland for a young boy to play with. My greatest joy was finding quick sand on the property. I learned fast how to walk across the quick sand without sinking.

The land was enchanted. It was 'alive'. If you stood still for a while, which nobody did, you could hear the water moving below.

One thing that fascinated me was these little crystals. You could find them in all over the streams. I loved putting the crystals on my thumb and then flinging them into the air. I flung thousands of them not realizing they were Herkimer Diamonds. Later, I would be dumbfounded when I found out the Mohawk Indians had a special affinity to these crystals. I suspect the Oneida Indians also knew about them.

I also found out that in the distant past that the Oneida Indians would come and sit up camp on the southern end of our property each year.

During my explorations, I discovered the creek across the road from our house flowed in to a 'no-mans' region which it appeared nobody had explored. In the center of that area, the creek would flow into a sinkhole or cave and flowed underground. Down stream, small streams would flow in to the creek but their contribution never restored the creek to its original size.

The creek continued southward, pass the home I lived at when I was 5-6. My Mother was dumbfounded when I told her that was the same creek that was across the road but on its way south, had gotten about 75 percent smaller!

My childhood continued with such explorations like this.

Then, about 30 years ago, I started going to the various rock, mineral, etc. shows in Tucson. What a thrill. Can you imagine, getting up every morning for over a span of one month and spending the day at these shows? Like a boy, I would explore all the "nooks and crannies".

I also got deeply involved in working with energy, various modes of healing, how 'magic' works, etc. There is so much out there to explore...... especially for a boy.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Last edited by BigJohn : 13-03-2024 at 06:05 PM.
Old 13-03-2024, 04:34 PM
duck2929

Thank you for sharing your stories BigJohn, I find them very interesting. I know nothing about crystals & gemstones but you made me want to read about Herkimer Diamonds and others you have mentionned.
Apparently, Herkimer Diamonds stimulate psychic gifts like clairvoyance and telepathy. It also seems to help develop wisdom and strengh to go on about what it is you truly want out of life while ignoring outside influences.

I'm glad you learned to walk across creek sand!
Old 14-03-2024, 01:20 AM
Master
Apparently, Herkimer Diamonds were originally found at Little Falls, NY. which is not very far from Herkimer New York.

As it is, Herkimer Diamonds are not found in the village of Herkimer. Although, they are found in Herkimer County and one of the premiere sites is north of the village of Herkimer at a place just south of Middleville, NY.

At the Tucson shows, there are a lot of people claiming they have Herkimer Diamonds for sale but they generally get weeded out when I ask them if they go and get the Herkimers at Herkimer, NY. Most of them say "Yes" and then I ask them "When you are there, where do you eat?"

I only had one vendor who could answer that simple question.

Today, it appears most of the "Herkimers" are coming from Brazil and China. As it is, the vendors can get these "Herkimers" 'dirt cheap' and then mark them up, sometimes over 100X.

Old 11-04-2024, 10:14 PM
Master
Excited!! The crystals from Tucson have arrived and they're busy unpacking them!
So far crystal skulls, no hyalite yet.
Funny thing is I intuitively knew it. I had been checking for updates yesterday and today as I felt strongly the crystals were going to be here. Et voila!
Intuition was right