Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 07-11-2012, 12:48 PM
DeepForest

E.W Wallis thinks the notion of spirit guides is disempowering and disrespectful

Just read the following here at wikipedia:

Quote:
Spiritualist author and medium E.W. Wallis, writing in A Guide to Mediumship and Psychic Unfoldment, expressed an opinion that the notion of spirit guides is disempowering and disrespectful to both spirits and living people. He does not deny that seeking people may be helped by spirits here and there, but decries the idea that said spirits are appointed or assigned to do nothing but help the living.

He writes about mediumship, but what struck me was this part about how he suggest the emphasis is wrongly placed on guides as only helpers.

This made me think of other reasons for connecting with higher spirits. How about you? Do your connection with your guide involve other things then requesting help?

I myself think it is nice to just be around them - sensing them - not necessarily having an agenda. I would say it is, to me, more like a relationship.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:05 PM
DeepForest

By the way: the book is available legally online: http://archive.org/details/guidetomediumshi00walliala
(filetypes at the left)

and found a nice pdf here: http://pyreaus.com/downloads/mediumship_wallis.pdf
Old 07-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Master
My long term relationship with my guides has proven to be highly respectful, empowering, deepening and more. They do this good work in serving the divine awakening in humans from love and wisdom. Maybe the guy who wrote the book just had a bad experience.

Xan

Old 07-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Rin

God made the whole cosmos and the world just for us human beings, so say the christian churches.
That the guides are there just to help us comes from the idea that everything is less important than us.
In principle there is no difference, humanity is all-important, little else counts.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:02 PM
DeepForest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
My long term relationship with my guides has proven to be highly respectful, empowering, deepening and more. They do this good work in serving the divine awakening in humans from love and wisdom. Maybe the guy who wrote the book just had a bad experience.

Xan

i get the feeling he equates higher beings with humans in the sense that we all have our own business.. but my own impression is that their actions of love are effortless - more like they are the love rather then creating it.. so they are always there in one sense..

i get the sense that he implies guides are there to help but not to the large extent we sometimes think. but i see nothing to limit the help available, as we actually help ourselves in the light they constantly radiates..
Old 07-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Master
my own impression is that their actions of love are effortless - more like they are the love rather then creating it.. so they are always there in one sense..

Well said, DeepForest.

As my angel guide told me years ago, "You don't think we'd leave you alone in that crazy world, do you?

Xan

Old 07-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

As my angel guide told me years ago, "You don't think we'd leave you alone in that crazy world, do you?

Xan

I love your guide
Old 07-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
my own impression is that their actions of love are effortless - more like they are the love rather then creating it.. so they are always there in one sense..

Well said, DeepForest.

Xan

How did you grow so that your guide speaks to you?

My guide doesn't:(
Old 07-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Master
There are ways to learn how to develop a relationship of communication with your guides, Dreamer Love. These threads describe some methods:

Creative ways to communicate with your guides -
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21216

Ten easy ways to contact your guides -
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10609

Contacting Spirit Guides & Angels -
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=99765#post99765

Xan