Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 03-03-2011, 10:18 PM
a1966s

Broken Crystal??

Hi Everyone,

I bought this black Tourmaline crystal at a stall last weekend.

It's about 6cm long. I had it in salt sea water to cleanse it and that had it with me for a day.
When I got home it dropped as I took things out of my pocket.
Later I had it back in the sea water and when I took it out, it broke into 2 pieces.

Is this bad when it happens???
Should I just throw it away.

Thank you.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Master
Sometimes it's just meant to be . Now you have two pieces , nice :) x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Master
No don't throw it away for some reason you are meant to have two pieces. For anyone out there is tourmaline in salt water harsh on it my instinct is yes.
Spiritlite.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Guide
I don't know if it's a sign or not.
But I don't think is makes the crystal
useless though. I mean all crystals has
been broken off of something.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:38 PM
claymation

I think it is kind of nice that way, now you have two. I've often wanted a smaller piece but didn't want to intentionally break the one I have.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Sungirl

there could be a number of reasons why it broke. But none of them lead to you throwing it away. Why would you do that?

Personally I would say salt water per se would be ok for black tourmaline on a purely physical level... however I would personally spend a little time with the stone and ask it if it wants to be put in salt water. Spiritlight, that may be why you are picking up on it being too harsh.. maybe it doesn't need to be in salt water.

Whilst you're sitting with it asking whether it should be in salt water spend some time listening as to why it broke. The message may just come as an emotion that feels out of context, or a picture in your head. Words you may hear or physical sensations. Don't question or doubt them, just listen and see if you can learn anything from them....
Old 10-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Knower

Glad to hear not to throw away a broken crystal. I have a huge chunk of rose quartz which I have had for years. Shortly after a I got it it broke in half...wasn't sure what to do with it. So it's good to know it is still okay to use.

Found this information about which crystals should not be cleansed in
salt water:
alabaster
calcite
carnelian
hematite
labradonite
depidolote
moldavite
opal
turquoise
ulexite
Old 10-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Haoma

Stones that should not be soaked in salt water include crystals that are porous, contain metal or have a water content, for example Opal. Stones and minerals that should be kept away from salt include Pyrite, Obsidian, Lapis Lazuli, Opal, Hematite, etc.

Black Tourmaline should be fine IMO.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Master
Please don't throw away crystals, if I have a bad feeling toward my crystal I bury them somewhere but not near my home, I bless them and let them be.
How are you doing with this?
Spiritlite.
Old 26-04-2011, 11:58 AM
ShamanBird

same thing happened to me, i had a big chunk of black tourmaline, and when i picked it up, it was half cracked, kinda hanging off each other, so i just split it. im glad i did! now i have two pieces! rough black tourmaline is very fragile so be careful! :)