Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

View Poll Results: I have discovered
Only the first type (self-talk) 1 11.11%
The Second - Silent one. 8 88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-05-2017, 08:09 AM
Deactivated Account
Pool: The Two voices - Have you discovered the second ?

Almost everyone of us use this self talk in his daily life.
It is this voice in the 'head' which i'm talking when i say 'Loud voice'.

what-is-self-talk or www.psychologytoday.com are only few of the examples which i'm reffering to as the first voice.

Sometime you actively talk to yourself, sometime to calm yourself down.
Sometime you listen to it and get angry. And maybe you even do not realize that
there is this voice, because you converse with it on such frequent basis/or have you are occupied with other thoughts, that you do not even recognize it yet.

That (above) is the type of voice which is common here on earth.
You recognize it, because it is pretty Loud and it seems to be always there.

But there is a second type of a voice. It is so silent, that, if you do not know that it is there, you would almost never discover it.

The next thing is, that the first type of voice does know when you are able to HEAR the silent voice, so it will always try to make you not listen to it.
(of course only in the case when you are not aware of the second)

And with this, it should be obvious, that you'll need to somehow quiet the Loud voice, to be able to discover and to listen to it.
(a word of warning: the Loud voice will try to speak you out of even trying to)

The silent voice does not talk with words, but when it talks and you hear it, you will understand.

It may take practice to recognize it, because it is covered with silence. But it is there.

So my question is, have you discovered it yet ?
Old 14-05-2017, 09:32 AM
Experiencer

It was always there.. so I may not be the ideal first poster...

I've always thought in 'thought forms' rather than words or images. Concepts come in complete packages.. and adjust by way of comparing sections to other thought-forms to create new ideas/concepts.

For this reason, most of my intuition / knowledge seems to come from a silent voice... or a voice without words. If I am asked a question, I don't have to think about it.. my mind just rummages around a bit, and the answer pops out (assuming there's an answer available). This happens without any real effort on my behalf.. consciously, I'm just waiting for the result.

Even when reading, I'm not saying the words in my head.. the combination of words in a sentence carries meaning that is assembled by my head to create a concept of what the writer is saying. If I pay attention, I can read each word, but that feels like I'm back in school, learning how to read and understand the sentence.

For this reason, I'm uncertain whether some of my knowledge is pieced together by 'me', or there's some other/additional information that's coming through.

Without trying to derail the thread from the get go... I have seen a method of reading that, in some ways, simulates how I speed read. At faster speeds, it starts to feel like you're no longer reading the word (out loud in your head).. the concept/message is what's understood. http://spritzinc.com/
Old 14-05-2017, 09:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
The silent voice does not talk with words, but when it talks and you hear it, you will understand.
That's mostly but not completely true. You're speaking of the higher self. I've had two experiences where my higher self spoke to me out loud, as if standing next to me and having a conversation.
Old 14-05-2017, 10:08 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That's mostly but not completely true. You're speaking of the higher self. I've had two experiences where my higher self spoke to me out loud, as if standing next to me and having a conversation.
I agree, that silent voice or intuition, is often your higher self.

I've also had numerous events where I've heard a voice talking to me.. never more than a word or three. And often loudly enough to startle me.

The one I remember most clearly was a "Dumbledore[not my real name], The DOOR!".. so jump up, and go open the door. Sadly, there was nothing there; no, not ever spirits (which I could see clearly at the time).

Also, there are times when I've heard people's thoughts (out loud). This creates problems when I'm not watching their mouth and don't recognise that they haven't actually spoken. It takes a lot of convincing to make someone comfortable with having their mind sporadically read... at times, this has resulted in me losing friends. Luckily, in some ways, this doesn't happen much anymore.
Old 14-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate
I've also had numerous events where I've heard a voice talking to me.. never more than a word or three. And often loudly enough to startle me.
That's the experience exactly. This higher self or higher soul event is discussed in occult philosophy. The voice can and will present itself loudly and directly, like the Biblical angelic trumpet blast. And in many cases will often address one by their name, which is what happened in my case. This is spirit piercing the veil of the material dreamworld, with intent and purpose. Waking the individual on their soul level, and speaking directly to the soul self.
Old 15-05-2017, 05:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That's the experience exactly. This higher self or higher soul event is discussed in occult philosophy. The voice can and will present itself loudly and directly, like the Biblical angelic trumpet blast. And in many cases will often address one by their name, which is what happened in my case. This is spirit piercing the veil of the material dreamworld, with intent and purpose. Waking the individual on their soul level, and speaking directly to the soul self.

Hi Baile and others.

I am not sure I am in complete understanding of what you all perceive or speak of as the higher self here, as I am only human and only have so much information myself on what I have read on it, as well as experienced.

So I suppose I will simply ask then? Hopefully I do not appear as "too" ignorant here.

But there are often times where I will hear a voice call my name, but I find very often that this voice- it sounds so loud and real that I "act" or inquire on it- comes to me as the voice of my father.

The last two recent examples I can give are where I heard a voice which sounded indeed like my living father call my name and I walked out of my room and into the rest of the household to inquire or ask my family if someone had called my name. So I asked and my answer was no. And then my actual father upon hearing that I thought I heard someone call my name, asked if I had taken my medicine. I told him I indeed had...
He then went to say he was glad I came out, because he had wanted me to do something, which essentially was to help him clean.

Then ther is an example last month where I was relaxing lying quietly, and I knew very well my father was asleep quietly in the other room. Well in my mind I had heard a hateful seeming voice state "You're arrogant", so I thought about that and was wondering what its intentions were for stating such and as I was pondering it- yet another voice, in the tone and exact voice of my father's spoke up and said "It actually means, just what it said".

And then I began to think on that- what the voice that sounded like a family member said- As if it were saying- "It stated you are arrogant, and it means just that- why are you actually questioning its intent any longer?"

I do not know if this which is what sometimes happens to me has anything to do with what you folk are speaking of, but thought I would put it out there and let you guys decide.

But often times I find my deepest and highest intuitions do come from a feeling, moreso than a thought.
Old 15-05-2017, 07:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Hi Baile and others.

I am not sure I am in complete understanding of what you all perceive or speak of as the higher self here, as I am only human and only have so much information myself on what I have read on it, as well as experienced.

So I suppose I will simply ask then? Hopefully I do not appear as "too" ignorant here.

But there are often times where I will hear a voice call my name, but I find very often that this voice- it sounds so loud and real that I "act" or inquire on it- comes to me as the voice of my father.

The last two recent examples I can give are where I heard a voice which sounded indeed like my living father call my name and I walked out of my room and into the rest of the household to inquire or ask my family if someone had called my name. So I asked and my answer was no. And then my actual father upon hearing that I thought I heard someone call my name, asked if I had taken my medicine. I told him I indeed had...
He then went to say he was glad I came out, because he had wanted me to do something, which essentially was to help him clean.

Then ther is an example last month where I was relaxing lying quietly, and I knew very well my father was asleep quietly in the other room. Well in my mind I had heard a hateful seeming voice state "You're arrogant", so I thought about that and was wondering what its intentions were for stating such and as I was pondering it- yet another voice, in the tone and exact voice of my father's spoke up and said "It actually means, just what it said".

And then I began to think on that- what the voice that sounded like a family member said- As if it were saying- "It stated you are arrogant, and it means just that- why are you actually questioning its intent any longer?"

I do not know if this which is what sometimes happens to me has anything to do with what you folk are speaking of, but thought I would put it out there and let you guys decide.

But often times I find my deepest and highest intuitions do come from a feeling, moreso than a thought.

When I was awakening many years ago, I began to open to the many voices that went from my head down to my heart then right down into my belly. They were each very different voices opening me to my own inner knowing and intuition more freely, without needing that "voice" as my guide. When you opening and not moving beyond your experiences, you believe what your experiencing as "the way it is" and of course use the meaning from all that to determine the facts. Those voices I experienced were opening deeper into the core of self, to let go of all those external ideas so I could simply listen deeper and use the whole self no longer separated in and of itself, as open and aware to know. So your experience shows me that your very aware of your intuitive feeling awareness and what it offers you and you trust it. As do I.

The internal dialogue will be named lots of things, when that settles and you deepen into being yourself complete, you just know and trust yourself as you are and can be.

THe voice is opening you to question and look at your own awareness of what feels right for you in the process, allowing the process to continue and just taking what you need for yourself to let yourself continue to open and become even more clear about what you can be and trust for you and your life. Through process I was learning to trust myself, when I came through that process, I deepened in trust to know what voice or feeling, sense or knowing however I connected would support me and be my best guide. It didn't really matter what it was, more that I was open and allowing myself to understand myself more aware, learning to trust in my own intuition and inner voice more freely and clear and aware of myself as that..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 15-05-2017, 09:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Hi SaturninePluto. Different streams of occult wisdom describe this experience differently. The voice is sometimes called a guide or angel. One philosophical path puts a specific name to this the voice. I work with higher-self knowledge -- my spiritual path in its entirety -- and so this is how I relate to it.

You seem to be questioning both the source and severity of the voice you heard. I can't speak to the first, but can tell you that the voice has spoken to me in no uncertain terms. Directly and specifically pointing out the fault in my thinking (belief) processes. From both these experiences, and experiences I've had in rebirth sessions, I've come to this experiential understanding: when the veil that separates me from the spirit realm has been flung open, I find myself in a place of pure truth. There is no sense of right versus wrong. No if, and or maybe. Just luminous truth. No hugs, or pats on the back, or placating words of support. Just "This is it." That degree of soul clarity can be shocking. Shocking in part because it's meant to shake me and wake me up. My higher self waking me up, as I experience it.
Old 16-05-2017, 12:20 AM
Master
How does it speak then, symbols? experiences?
Old 16-05-2017, 12:30 AM
Suspended
Guide
Hello,
H P Blavatsky called it "The Voice of the Silence" she even wrote a book about It which I have a copy published by Adyar Press India,my copy is 1947,just a small pocket sized hardback Edition.
Its very expansive and explanatory in content.
I have heard the Voice of the Silence on many occasions,its not what you think!

Kind Regards Billy.