Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 11-07-2017, 02:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
I used to post in the Twin Flame forum because I was interested in learning what it was all about. I honestly do not disbelieve at all, but because I asked a few questions some assumed I was a blasphemous nay-sayer.

I am quite sure there are some truly amazing spiritual connections out there, whether you want to call them Twin Flames or whatever. But a lot of the tales of Twin Flame misery posted here have caused me to wonder if some people were deluding themselves. They have convinced themselves they have a Twin Flame, and that he's just running, he'll come back, he has to face himself, etc. Or she isn't ready, the time isn't right, she needs to face herself.

Some tales literally sound like something you'd hear from a police report about a stalker. Driving past their homes, checking on them in social media, tracking them through mutual acquaintances, getting reading after reading to confirm that their twin "belongs" to them. To even suggest that maybe he/she actually is not interested brings heated anger and retorts of "you don't have a twin flame, you wouldn't understand!"

So I don't post here anymore. I'm making an exception because there seem to be some intelligent thoughts being posted here.

Like I said, there are deep spiritual connections. I firmly believe that. However, not everyone who wants one actually is in one. There is no excuse for breaking up another's relationship, or emotionally disconnecting from a partner.

In some cases I've read, I have to wonder if the "relationship" is actually a lesson about love, ego, and possessiveness. The two people were destined to meet, precisely to push the buttons that caused one or the other to declare Twin Flame status. But what if that button pushing was only to spur a person into deep self-examination and growth, rather than actually forming an actual ongoing 3D world relationship?

And with that I shall go silent again on this forum. Thank you all for your thoughtful, polite, and civilized comments on this thread :)

This is essentially what happened when I started posting here in this forum section. I read through a thread and had legitimate questions about twinflames and what they were, I didn't create my own topic and ask I merely started out reading as I did in all the other sections I visited. I merely suggested in a topic that I didn't quite buy the concept of our souls not already being complete- because the male female aspect associated with tiwnflames I felt within myself. I suggested that the thread op consider accepting and being at peace within themselves and coming from a place of self love and taking that direction to help steer them along their relationships- self work. Which is another aspect of twin flame beliefs.

Then I read the threads with the terms runner and chaser which I hadn't read about yet, and decided then and their that concept doesn't seem to have much to do with a spiritual connection at all and sounds like a game.

I commented on this, that such thinking of running and casing as opposed to actively facing issues and learning from a partner (isn't that a twin flame thing?) seems to be more in line with emotional manipulation and yes let's face it- there are obvious cases here where the partner is not seeming the least bit interested in the thread starter.

The whole concept confuses me. It isn't an issue of whether I believe or not. I know spiritual connections exist. I also realize that the twinflame concept is a very rare instance in which this occurs- on a spiritual evolution level- meaning not everyone living on this planet at this time has a twinflame. I have also read it takes many incarnations until twinflames reunite, so I don't understand why almost the majority of threads in this section subscribe to the belief that the individuals have already met their twin.

So I posted and since have been looked upon as a heathen non believer when in actuality I am an individual who has questions myself, who also just happens to consider it to be emotionally immature to have an affair, hurt another human being, and then come post here wondering what should be done about the tf as opposed to be honest with the individual whom was hurt, cheated on, may or may not know...

As an empathetic person with a heart, reading of such acts of dishonesty committed, and the reason for them? I swear this other person is my tf? We have a very real spiritual connection. Leads me to doubts. One is not capable of having a spiritual connection without honesty- and yes that includes all our relationships- especially the ones we are currently in.

I am not a disbeliever in the more sound concepts.... I am depressed people treat each other this way and hiding behind a spiritual connection as a reason for it? I am confused.

And I suppose I am seen as downer debbie.

Debbie isn't my name, and I am not a negative person. I am a sensitive person, wondering why people are cheating on each other, hurting each other, and there reason is something spiritual? That doesn't even make sense to me. And it saddens me.

And also makes me glad I am not in a relationship with anyone currently.

My soul is already whole. I am immensely happy with this.

And I know very well spiritual connections exist.

I am honestly not sure if I have a twinflame and wanted to learn more about the concept in the first place, apparently advocating self love and respect however, makes me one of those blasphemous disbelievers.

I do not believe or dis-believe either way at this point.

And I think those like bailie and others have been offering very good healthy relationship advice. When you chase after someone and refer to them as the runner when they have already stated they do not want to pursue a relationship that is no spiritual connection if no can't be taken for an answer. It becomes an obsession.

Just some more thoughts....
Old 11-07-2017, 03:23 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
This is essentially what happened when I started posting here in this forum section. I read through a thread and had legitimate questions about twinflames and what they were, I didn't create my own topic and ask I merely started out reading as I did in all the other sections I visited. I merely suggested in a topic that I didn't quite buy the concept of our souls not already being complete- because the male female aspect associated with tiwnflames I felt within myself. I suggested that the thread op consider accepting and being at peace within themselves and coming from a place of self love and taking that direction to help steer them along their relationships- self work. Which is another aspect of twin flame beliefs.

Then I read the threads with the terms runner and chaser which I hadn't read about yet, and decided then and their that concept doesn't seem to have much to do with a spiritual connection at all and sounds like a game.

I commented on this, that such thinking of running and casing as opposed to actively facing issues and learning from a partner (isn't that a twin flame thing?) seems to be more in line with emotional manipulation and yes let's face it- there are obvious cases here where the partner is not seeming the least bit interested in the thread starter.

The whole concept confuses me. It isn't an issue of whether I believe or not. I know spiritual connections exist. I also realize that the twinflame concept is a very rare instance in which this occurs- on a spiritual evolution level- meaning not everyone living on this planet at this time has a twinflame. I have also read it takes many incarnations until twinflames reunite, so I don't understand why almost the majority of threads in this section subscribe to the belief that the individuals have already met their twin.

So I posted and since have been looked upon as a heathen non believer when in actuality I am an individual who has questions myself, who also just happens to consider it to be emotionally immature to have an affair, hurt another human being, and then come post here wondering what should be done about the tf as opposed to be honest with the individual whom was hurt, cheated on, may or may not know...

As an empathetic person with a heart, reading of such acts of dishonesty committed, and the reason for them? I swear this other person is my tf? We have a very real spiritual connection. Leads me to doubts. One is not capable of having a spiritual connection without honesty- and yes that includes all our relationships- especially the ones we are currently in.

I am not a disbeliever in the more sound concepts.... I am depressed people treat each other this way and hiding behind a spiritual connection as a reason for it? I am confused.

And I suppose I am seen as downer debbie.

Debbie isn't my name, and I am not a negative person. I am a sensitive person, wondering why people are cheating on each other, hurting each other, and there reason is something spiritual? That doesn't even make sense to me. And it saddens me.

And also makes me glad I am not in a relationship with anyone currently.

My soul is already whole. I am immensely happy with this.

And I know very well spiritual connections exist.

I am honestly not sure if I have a twinflame and wanted to learn more about the concept in the first place, apparently advocating self love and respect however, makes me one of those blasphemous disbelievers.

I do not believe or dis-believe either way at this point.

And I think those like bailie and others have been offering very good healthy relationship advice. When you chase after someone and refer to them as the runner when they have already stated they do not want to pursue a relationship that is no spiritual connection if no can't be taken for an answer. It becomes an obsession.

Just some more thoughts....

Bless you for affirming that I am not the only person basically driven from this forum for asking questions and offering valid "alternative" interpretations of some situations that are presented here.

To my mind, anytime someone is not willing to thoughtfully discuss a topic or belief, but instead lashes out at the person who had the audacity to raise a question or have a differing opinion, they are not strong in their belief. They speak loudly and shout out their truth, in an effort to keep anyone else from destroying their belief.

That said, after a couple of years reading posts here and elsewhere, I'm pretty sure I have a "twin flame," although I hate that term. There are no tears, no hand-wringing, no chasing or running, no fantasies of being together. We are separated by time and space, and that seems to be the best way for us to complete our "mission." I learn best under stress; lord knows this life has provided plenty of that. But way off in the distance there is this comforting presence, always in my mind and in my soul.

Eventually we will be together, probably not on this planet, definitely not in this lifetime.

Thank you, SaturninePluto, for restoring my hope that forums are and should be open to opinions that differ from our own.