Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Deactivated Account

Spiritual jadedness

How is it so easy to become spiritually jaded? That we think we've seen it all and therefore look down on people new to the journey.... isn't that what those with more experience are for, to help, not to judge? I know it is so easy to think that we know it all once we get to a certain point, and I have certainly seen this exact same behaviour in myself.... but maybe I am moving out of it because recently I just had this moment where I just didn't understand the behaviour anymore. What happened to having fun with exploring our journey whether alone or with others? I am thinking so much joy has been taken out of life.... that is what needs to be brought back, the magic of the inner child.... children don't have any concept or 'better' or 'worse', they are having too much fun.... interestingly enough I came across a video on this today, titled 'spiritual ego', is that really what it comes down to? A sincere seeker confronting the ego truly for the first time? Maybe facing the ego is not really part of the beginning of the journey as is easy to assume, maybe it's when you're firmly placed on the journey and are on it for good and have settled down a bit and got comfortable.... is it too easy then to get stuck in our boxes and limitations? Or maybe it is still all part of the development journey. Just when you think you have it all figured out....

I can say for me now I don't want to get complacent in my development, I don't want to become jaded, I just want to keep exploring the beauty of this world and of others souls... I want to be continuously open to new experience, and not shut myself off because I think I might know better. I want to experience the childlike joy that everyone experiences when they first start their spiritual path. That, I now believe, should never be lost, and it should always be our daily state of being.... I would love to see any additions/contributions to these thoughts.
Old 17-09-2015, 12:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
How is it so easy to become spiritually jaded? That we think we've seen it all and therefore look down on people new to the journey.... isn't that what those with more experience are for, to help, not to judge? I know it is so easy to think that we know it all once we get to a certain point, and I have certainly seen this exact same behaviour in myself.... but maybe I am moving out of it because recently I just had this moment where I just didn't understand the behaviour anymore. What happened to having fun with exploring our journey whether alone or with others? I am thinking so much joy has been taken out of life.... that is what needs to be brought back, the magic of the inner child.... children don't have any concept or 'better' or 'worse', they are having too much fun.... interestingly enough I came across a video on this today, titled 'spiritual ego', is that really what it comes down to? A sincere seeker confronting the ego truly for the first time? Maybe facing the ego is not really part of the beginning of the journey as is easy to assume, maybe it's when you're firmly placed on the journey and are on it for good and have settled down a bit and got comfortable.... is it too easy then to get stuck in our boxes and limitations? Or maybe it is still all part of the development journey. Just when you think you have it all figured out....

I can say for me now I don't want to get complacent in my development, I don't want to become jaded, I just want to keep exploring the beauty of this world and of others souls... I want to be continuously open to new experience, and not shut myself off because I think I might know better. I want to experience the childlike joy that everyone experiences when they first start their spiritual path. That, I now believe, should never be lost, and it should always be our daily state of being.... I would love to see any additions/contributions to these thoughts.

The continual cycles/spiral of life, take us back, move us forward, in our continued flow and cycles, all the while, revisiting everywhere within that spiral. I relate this to deepening our experience of life, over and over. How you feel, and where you are focused is just where you are and how you feel. And everything offers us an opportunity to awaken to more always..

I didn't know you were where you were. But I guess if your not content there choices lead us forward when we are ready. That's how the life process works.

I personally don't lock myself into boxes, but rather remain open to life in the many ways it presents itself to me.

Where you were and what you want now all serves your process, and sometimes just because I want to move, doesn't mean all have to move with me, because I know better.

Everyone is right where they need to be, even if we don't like it.

As I often share with younger woman who come to me for guidance in real life at times around their relationships with their partners who are somewhat jaded. I remind them to just keep focusing on their journey, do what you need for themselves and let their partner be. Be a model of growth, rather than a need to have others grow as you do, this models more empowerment, than needing to tell another how they should be and how you want them to be.

If your open and expanding, growing with that openness to explore and deepen your experience, you can learn from others learning, even if you might think you don't need too.. Everything that comes back to us, flows in, doesn't lands there, for no reason, it lands because it often has more to reflect.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder

Last edited by naturesflow : 17-09-2015 at 02:03 PM.
Old 17-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Guide
I see the spiritual ego in many spiritual people, even sometimes in my self.

The trick to dealing with the spiritual ego, is learning how to stay humble to it. Many spiritualists will say the have "gotten rid of" their ego and they are completely free of it. When I hear this, now, I think "**, the ego is always there". We all have egos for a reason, as we need our sense of "I" in order to survive. The question is, how humble is the ego and are we able to use the ego as a tool and not as a way of life.

As I have explored my spirituality, I have sometimes realized that what I once thought was spiritually true, really wasn't as true as I thought. I now take the stance that I know nothing, that there is a life force beyond our comprehension and explanations. This life force can really only be experienced and is not understandable to the mind. Once i was able to except this notion that there are some things that are just not meant to be physically understood, my ego became a little more humble and I was allowed to surrender to the heart.

I now realize that the best way to teach is by example. I used to think that I should go around telling friends what they should do in order to be more spiritual. As it turns out, telling people what to do is forceful and turns people off. I now realize that the best way to "teach" is by example. The more we learn to keep the ego humble, the more we are not affected by others misconceptions. By staying humble and true to our inner selves, we can actually do a better job showing others what it means to be spiritual. I have found success this way. People seem to be more curious about my spirituality when I don't try to change them. People pick up on others energy, so if you put out positive energy/love, people will see this and be drawn to it.

Gandhi said "be the change you want to see"
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 17-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Master

This may sound flippant, but ...

Start with a good night's sleep. Always clears the head! Things will look differently in the morning.

On the personal spiritual development level: You can't force these things. Step away for a while if needs be and return when you're back in the zone.
(A good walk in the countryside or beautiful gardens, or being outside beneath a starry sky will help)

On the Service level: Read up on things that rile you.
For me, cruelty to animals and violence against women and children, does it.
It recharges the batteries, gives you zest for the 'fight'.

Take time to study and to observe - a small flower for example. The wonder of it all. A reminder in that of how all things - and all people - are connected, all evolving, all expressions of the Divine.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 17-09-2015, 03:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden

I can say for me now I don't want to get complacent in my development, I don't want to become jaded, I just want to keep exploring the beauty of this world and of others souls... I want to be continuously open to new experience, and not shut myself off because I think I might know better. I want to experience the childlike joy that everyone experiences when they first start their spiritual path. That, I now believe, should never be lost, and it should always be our daily state of being*.... I would love to see any additions/contributions to these thoughts.
Hello ScarlettHayden,

That joy you describe, and the longing for it - *admirable stuff (pay attention to that) - has to be re-invented or re-applied on a daily basis. That’s the practice, the work. Willingness, openness (receptivity), dynamism, devotion are helpful.

But, there is no reason why a spontaneous enthusiasm has to be exclusive of discrimination and self-examination, even if it should be exclusive of expectation. In fact, the combination of the two - enthusiasm and discrimination - is not only quite potent, but essential for a truly spiritual approach to life.

It could be that some imbalance which favors one or the other may actually be the basis for what is eventually seen as ’jaded’, cynical, complacent...or, feckless. If that is the case, a re-orientation may be in order. The problem with that, is that people get comfortable and inflexible concerning what is known, and less enthusiastic or receptive about what is unknown and therefore new, which tends to restrict self-discovery.

- - - - -

As far as “looking down on others”, “new to the journey”, “more experience”… it works both ways doesn’t it? For instance as I often observe, this forum is (ironically) rife with ridicule for the very concept of mastery, or more importantly: personal access to it - even in principle. Talk about being jaded!

~ J
Old 17-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Master
Quote:
As far as “looking down on others”, “new to the journey”, “more experience”… it works both ways doesn’t it? For instance as I often observe, this forum is (ironically) rife with ridicule for the very concept of mastery, or more importantly: personal access to it - even in principle. Talk about being jaded!

You may be on to something ...angel4:

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 18-09-2015, 06:43 AM
Master
Hi scarlett, I guess it all depends on how you respond to it, or don't as the case maybe.
If some people present as jaded, I always think who am I to judge that anyway,but more importantly why do I want to? it may also makes me want to understand why, as they say there are always two sides to every story, no matter how thin the line and I can honestly say it teaches me as much as any other presentation of spiritual natures.
When I first started out, I often believed if I had an experience, then I knew everything about that, I was lucky enough to have a good 90% of my 'belief; systems blown away and was left with very little, kinda devastated and very humbled, realised I knew a whole load less than I thought I did and finally felt very comfortable with that. It was a relief to not carry around a load of systems, defend them to the hilt and hold onto them with great ferocity, when infact knowing that when ever I think I know something, I probably don't, was very freeing.

So I think its all part of the cycle and as valid in the process as anything else, when used to enhance,seen for its potential, realising i don't know much and am not and never will be, a master of anything, at best a little informed, is possibly one of the most enlightening experiences I have been through!

But to get there, I went through the jaded part and more, when I was younger and I wouldn't change it for the world, but I may well if given the chance, apologise and thank, the poor sods who had to listen to me go through it! For them im grateful to, for there patience, understanding and at points humour, in helping me recognise, in a universe of constant change, all you can ever truly know, is yourself!

That's just my thoughts on it, im sure they could change at any point though hehehe!
Loopy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 18-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Master

The old saying goes: The more you know the more you realize you don't know. And it's true, when I was young I thought I had it all figured out, now that I am older, I realize I have only touched the tip of the iceberg.
Old 18-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Ivy

I don't understand where jaded comes in, or really what it is.

Is it an emotion? It may be, but it seems like one of those words that doesn't really get to what the underlying emotion is. It's like 'fed up' or 'lacking motivation' - behind those feelings tends to be some emotions that are creating the fed up-ness or lack of motivation. In the way that I walk my path, recognising that and allowing those underlying emotions to surface would be a next step.

Jyotir, the belief in mastery is just a different belief system. Do you really know that people that don't believe in it are jaded? Or is that your personal perception of others?

I don't believe in mastery, and don't mind that you do, as long as it doesn't interfere with my path. And on my own path, I'm not remotely jaded - it's all happening and I'm living the way I want to live.

Scarlett, being open to newness necessitates the recognition that there is something new to be open to. I agree with Loopy and Linen, it's enlightening to no longer know if I know or don't know... it's like waking up to noticing every moment and seeing something in it. I'm in my forties, and life has never stopped changing - and even when I get old and unable to do the things I do now, that too will be a new experience to explore and understand... because honestly, I can sit here and know that I have no idea what it is for this character in this life, to experience being 89 years old - and that is amazing. That's the wonder of life to me.

But another might need to experience the feeling of thinking they have learned it all and are now here to teach. And that is their life and whilst it may be jaded for you, perhaps they are just where they need to be.
Old 18-09-2015, 05:50 PM
Master
I agree things are always in flux and that we never stop learning...and that we hopefully never aspire to closemindedness

On that, here are some bits I've recently been tossing around...

In grounding or integrating 5D and 3D (call them layers of the onion) or what we previously just called the spiritual and material (slicing the onion sideways, as if they can be so easily separated)....

We come upon the reality that not everyone will be loving or kind, that not everyone will respond to your love and kindness with even decency or courtesy, and that -- perhaps sadly -- often our soul connections are often the most cruel or flippant and the least kind or courteous. Perhaps this is because they are a bit too relaxed and open with us, who knows?

This is a reality that does not necessarily hit many of us in our first few relationship(s) or marriage(s), or even in many of our friendships. But it is a reality that does affect many at some point, as they begin to understand the deeper nature of the connections that bind us all, and how some appear naturally or inherently closer than others from the start.

Spiritual growth toward one's centre and toward alignment with Source is a great strength and comfort. Though the reality that a person's soul family may have very few that are kind, loving, or supportive is a sad awakening for many.

There is great pain and disappointment in some of these subtle awakenings, which are not ours alone to transform beyond the love and acceptance we can give...rather, these connections are ours only to accept or to move away from, in accordance with our own truth and in pursuit of our own highest good concordant with all others. If a soul family connection is not supportive of our highest good alongside their own -- despite the love and friendship we offer -- then we will only be harmed, exploited, and/or degraded within this context. And we must accept that reality head-on and take that under advisement.

These are realities which must all be accepted and constitute ever new "start points" in our journeys. All is love, but not all is in expression in a way that is kind and nurturing to me...perhaps not even remotely so. I must move away from many of these soul and other karmic connections when I determine that engaging with love and kindness is not mutual, and/or that I neither can nor should sustain it without the level of mutuality and reciprocity at which my soul resonates in authentic friendship.

This doesn't mean I'm jaded. However it does mean that many of our platitudes need reevaluated to better fit the totality of our human experiences. Love doesn't conquer all unless we allow it is over the span of infinity and that the scale of love is no longer "human". The human reality is that love doesn't conquer all, not even unconditional love. It simply is, and we are free to accept or reject it at any point and from any source.

No one time point or source of love will remedy all ills or elevate any one being, until and unless it is offered in full by that very being. That is a conundrum and it is mystical and intentional. Love will not permeate you until you permeate love. There is a far deeper truth to being the change you seek in the world. It is in fact a core truth on every level. There are some who seek the change but cannot yet be the change, and there are some who do not even sincerely seek. All of those are in soul fams and have soul connections, and yet there is nothing to be done for them ultimately except to send love and blessings, and to support them in love until such time as you must withdraw and move on.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke