Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-09-2015, 10:35 AM
Knower
Crows showing up

Hi there

In the past week two crows showed up outside my office window. We overlook the back of the building and the aircon units, so not a haven for birds. But we do normally have a lot of pigeons outside. The crows chased the pigeons.

I was quite interested and happy to see the crows. I am working on expanding my intuition and psychic ability and the crow is a spirit animal that is associated with psychic abilities and quite a powerful shamanic bird. So no problem there.

Then, yesterday, I looked out of the window and one of the crows was tearing into the wing of a pigeon that had been ripped off. I did not see them kill the pigeon, so I don't know if they did it or if the pigeon was already dead. I just saw the wing and the crow eating from it.

I felt disturbed by this and my earlier feelings of welcome towards the crows evaporated. There was a feeling of darkness instead. This is all on an energetic/spiritual level. I don't have a problem with wildlife eating other wildlife, it is just part of life. I am referring here to my feelings and responses.

Does anyone have any thoughts on crows and possibly pigeons?
Old 11-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antheia
Hi there

In the past week two crows showed up outside my office window. We overlook the back of the building and the aircon units, so not a haven for birds. But we do normally have a lot of pigeons outside. The crows chased the pigeons.

I was quite interested and happy to see the crows. I am working on expanding my intuition and psychic ability and the crow is a spirit animal that is associated with psychic abilities and quite a powerful shamanic bird. So no problem there.

Then, yesterday, I looked out of the window and one of the crows was tearing into the wing of a pigeon that had been ripped off. I did not see them kill the pigeon, so I don't know if they did it or if the pigeon was already dead. I just saw the wing and the crow eating from it.

I felt disturbed by this and my earlier feelings of welcome towards the crows evaporated. There was a feeling of darkness instead. This is all on an energetic/spiritual level. I don't have a problem with wildlife eating other wildlife, it is just part of life. I am referring here to my feelings and responses.

Does anyone have any thoughts on crows and possibly pigeons?

What kind of thoughts?

Birds being birds and doing what birds do? With some of the view but not quiet sure how it came to be..

Then there is you reacting in feeling to something outside of you, that offers you self reflection and a deeper awareness for you.

What more do you need?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 11-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Suspended
The pigeon was already dead. I have watched crows and ravens eat road kill here in the reservation. They finish it off quickly. They must be hungry, like the crow outside your window. Crows are scavengers rather than birds of prey. They will eat eggs in other bird nests.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Knower
Interesting. I thought the pigeon must have been dead because it was only the wing.

I am more interested, though in the spiritual significance of crows showing up. I see them all over at the moment.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:29 PM
Suspended
Crows (Ga'gii) are intelligent and are very adaptable. We can find them every where. Here is a link to one of my YouTube videos that has a live crow in it, close up.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNM4MYco-jc
Old 12-09-2015, 10:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antheia
Interesting. I thought the pigeon must have been dead because it was only the wing.

I am more interested, though in the spiritual significance of crows showing up. I see them all over at the moment.

Didn't you already tell us the answer?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 13-09-2015, 12:40 AM
Ravenspirit

Crows, ravens and that they're carrion birds just like vultures. They will eat live food sometimes but they are very attracted to dead things. That's what they exist for and why they almost always found near battle sites and are associated with death and death deities. They clean up dead things. They are the bird equivalent of carrion bugs like blow flies and carrion beetles.

They and the vultures generally come in and eat the main flesh of a dead animal first. Then the beetles and the flies come in and take care of the rest. I like corvid birds. I respect their place in nature. I get grossed out at the thought of what they do, but still, it's their place. It's just nature's way of disposing of dead things.

They do have one nasty habit I don't like. In lieu of enough dead things to eat they will raid other bird's nests and steal fertilized eggs and newborn birds and eat them. I know it's instinct and all but it's very distressing to me when I see that. Otherwise I like them, but I really don't like that. It's just their nature but to me that's being very cruel doing that....
Old 13-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Deactivated Account

I know this sounds pretty kinky but when i was living home the other place i lived, i heard seaguls waking me up at as early as 3-4 am, following me around, loud all summer, and sometimes even trying to attack me or give me the evil look

Crows too, once i saw a crow with light in its eyes, and i stared at it, it could only breath through its mouth, i was just curious.

Right now there is 10-15 White pigeons some abit less white like this one

well not as white and perfect, but they fly like it.
Some are totally white and they fly around right outside my house, round and round all day.
Also the european magpie meant alot for me :))
Old 13-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Amberly

The only experience I've had with crows is a warning of some kind. Not necessarily a bad thing but like a wake up call to be alert me things around me and keep my wits about me. For me seeing crows/ravens, finding their feathers everywhere signifies a major change is ahead.

The first time this happened I feared it. The more I ignored their presence the more feathers I received. Thankfully it hasn't happened often. I'm not overly keen on either birds.
Old 14-09-2015, 12:10 PM
Knower
Wow @Kinki, that is amazing. The doves sound wonderful. Light and lovely.

@Amberley, thank you for sharing that. I hope you are right that change is ahead - although I do sometimes think we should be careful what we wish for . I was surprised by my visceral reaction to the crow tearing the flesh off that pigeon wing, so I wonder if it is a fear of change.