Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-09-2015, 07:40 PM
Master
One might say that at the beginning of the end of spirituality there is simply nowhere to actually go because you're already there.

This is kind of an actioning of the law of diminished returns whereby we kind of understand that it's not about the information learned becoming more profound or our skills at manifesting getting more efficient so much as a realisation we've reached a kind of inner feeling of contentment and calm and while all that information swirls about doing what information and knowledge does... it doesn't have anywhere near the same pull that it used to have to be understood, as if the mind simply accepts that it can't know everything and indeed it becomes a little pointless even trying and it's really not about that at all.

I became engaged in a little adventure yesterday after seeing again my neighbour who has been away in prison for three months. I told him about an old decrepit truck I'd found on a property for sale and it was hidden away in a copse of trees. This property was an old school market gardens complete with falling down house built in the beginnings of last century and all kinds of rows of veges going to seed. I'd been at a nursery nearby getting a few trees and decided to stop and wander across this obvious site of land between one stage in human development and a new one about to begin.

For me this is one of the things I really love and enjoy and it's as if I'm walking and wandering through fields of old dreams which still sit on the land and mingle with new dreams and possibilities. So I'd done this a few days ago then met again my neighbour and I told him about this truck as he's interested in building hot rods which is a story in itself as he's Samoan and the hot road thing is a kind of adopted Americana here in New Zealand and across the world so again it's like fields of dreams and wandering through potentials. Anyways he got all excited and asked if we could go to which I said yes and then he got his car going, which wasn't going too well for some reason, and then he gave me the keys... turns out he still didn't have a license so I got to drive this big people mover thing which felt like driving a jumbo jet.

So we get there and he says 'are we allowed to do this?' and I'm like ' I doubt it but it doesn't matter as I can't really imagine the police helicopter turning up because a few people go wandering across a few fields for sale.' But he has a point and I know this all belongs to someone somewhere who may not like us wandering about and poking our noses into his stuff but I don't really care about how things are supposed to be and have lways been more interested in how I want them to be and even to the extent that this way I have of just being curious and going where I want affords me an innocence of bearing which has seen. in the past, potentially illegal circumstances easily turn into almost jocular absurdities which don't hurt anyone and if anything are just amusing interludes for everybody concerned.

Now I could go on and on filling out this story and even get to the stage where a book starts appearing but I'll cut to the chase where we'd found the truck and he wanted it but we then needed a human who might be in charge to ask about owning it and had moved somewhere else where humans might be and a old Chinese woman was striding across the fields towards us with a definite air or purposeful what are you 'not-Chinese' people up to?

Then what I'm actually quite good at came into being where one slightly angry and confused Chinese woman and one keen and slightly wanting Samoan man, both of whom had English as a second language, had to be led to an accord that while it seemed to be about a bunch of rusting steel sitting under some overgrown weed trees, was to me actually about humans living on the planet together and finding ways to smile and be happy and I actually achieved this purpose with some sleight of hand and intuitive juggling of possibilities which neither side seemed to notice and even I saw only after the fact.

So thankyou for asking where you might go because I've just figured out where I'm going and it's where I've been going but hadn't actually realised so much as I've just been enjoying going there and it seems far less about the higher realms and so much more about what might be the lower realms, the lower realms of boring and mundane everyday humans just being humans.

And there's an edge to it that I like. It's as if the boundaries of how it is and how it's supposed to be are held to new lights. What's supposedly important is put aside for a little and slightly jarring time of reflection and what's supposedly unimportant has big and slightly absurd question marks put alongside.

Last edited by Mr Interesting : 19-09-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 19-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Master
That was just BEAUTIFUL Mr. Interesting
Old 21-09-2015, 09:42 AM
Seeker

Yeah I've been trying to step away from the mind recently, with varying degrees of success. I can see that there are clear limitations to experiencing the world with only your mind.

The skeptic in me is still on the fence about manifesting things...it seems that it should be possible but maybe my rational side has difficulty in believing in it. I can accept ki/qigong/prana/life energy and people's thoughts
being energy forms, but I get hung up on manifesting for some reason. :)
Old 21-09-2015, 04:28 PM
Master
That's okay Rianthe, I'm hung up on manifesting out of thin air.
Manifesting and it taking a few days or weeks to arrive I've gotten down now.
But 'this pebble into an apple' my rational mind fights, yet it's been done and recorded sporadically through out history, and there's no reason I shouldn't be able to do it except for an embedded belief system which says it's impossible while in mortal form.
We all have our thinking hurdles to overcome.
Old 21-09-2015, 07:59 PM
Master
My nephew is kinda following in my foot steps to a certain degree and he comes round occasionally and says how do you find these things because they're all the things he wants to find and the short answer is they find me. But I did at one point try to explain how it works when he said he'd managed to get onto farms and be able to ask the farmer if he could have this specific thing he liked and the farmers always told him to go away with scowls on their faces about the young being so... young, if you get my drift.

So I said to him that what you do with farmers is realise that everything they have stored away and is in various states of going back into the ground has been used and loved and created efficiencies for that farmer to be on the land and understand it as an ongoing story so when you go onto his land, his story, and then just want the biggest shiniest and newest part of that story he will obviously send you packing because what you need to do is love and appreciate the most decrepit and rotting, rusty piece of brokendown-edness because that is the oldest most memory filled thing he has and hasn't been able to save... as yet, so when you go straight past all the shiny and the bright for the opposite, the most overlooked and abandoned, and find your own appreciation for it then the farmer will intuitively know your heart is in the same place as his and consequently he will let you have the shiniest and the brightest, which of course you don't want anymore and prefer that which is closest to the earth...

And this to me is what manifesting is all about and really the product is a by-product. It has so little to do with the process as to be almost insignificant and it is. So maybe the earth and existence is always telling it's stories and we come along and think we can tell it's story the way it suits us which is kinda problematic because on one hand we're trying to define what and how we are going to tell the story and on the other hand the story is always being told regardless so there is a disjunct between these two hands which aren't even different hands but the same hands wondering why they might see each other as different.
Old 22-09-2015, 04:08 AM
Seeker

Thanks for your comments. Maybe I'll read up on and experiment with more manifesting. :)

Is there any particular way you go about it?
Old 22-09-2015, 04:48 AM
Master
There's a whole forum dedicated to Manifesting here. I'm sure you'll find some first rate threads with comments from people who've grown good at manifesting telling how to do it.