Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Lucyan! Great picture! Thanks!
xxoo

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-09-2015, 05:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Lucyan! Great picture! Thanks!
xxoo

Well, that's me

Thanks a lot Miss Hepburn
Old 15-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
When you understand what the mind is, where it comes from, it's natural progression, and follow that line of progression in all the things, including spiritual entities it becomes obvious. The common idea about what enlightenment actually is basically a delusion. There's a reason there are no enlightened people.

Just because the mind can't be transcended doesn't mean there's no value to following the spiritual path. It's just that things simply don't work that way. Would you rather I say nothing and let you waste a decade or two figuring that out on your own? There's plenty of other avenues from which to approach spirituality. I practice because I want to experience the origin of existence. Maybe you can find value in experiencing the deepest aspects of the self, to follow the line of "beingness" beyond yourself into infinity. Maybe you will seek something else.. idk..

It's just that I've seen way too many people waste decades of their lives only to find out that the man behind the curtain is just a man. I suppose it's not completely a waste since something IS learned but still.
Care to share how you've come to understand the mind?
Old 16-09-2015, 03:59 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmt12
Care to share how you've come to understand the mind?
I guess. It's the evolutionary path of consciousness, prior to awareness some states are burned in genetically as being superior and inferior to one another. For example, if you placed your hand in a flame you feel pain because it's in your best interest for survival to feel pain from doing that so that you wont do it.

Quote:
It all started when single celled organisms developed photosensitivity through the death of trillions of organisms from exposure to UV, from this they experienced that one state was better/superior to another. Through this process discernment was born (The eye). All the good and bad and everything there is to human nature comes from this basic thing.
(This is from my first or second post.)

This discernment of superior and inferior always leads to bias, even in lower life forms like shrimp and dogs as well as higher life forms. As far as I know there is no consciousness in existence that escapes this bias and the need for preservation of the self. As the consciousness of an organism develops in terms of evolution, the concern is finding what states are better to ensure it's survival. The fields that emanate from the two distinct types of organisms in this case are obviously very different. For example, the tree would be closer to the "peaceful" universal consciousness in consistency and the animal is this denser, buzzy energy. Even though these two fields are distinctly different, they both work to self preserve. They just go about it differently.

If in your practice you've touched the minds or awareness of other forms of life, consciousness, you probably noticed that they have developed differently then us. There's a thousand different reasons for this, but I will say that if you compare some of those things to the consciousness of say, a tree. You will notice that as peaceful as a tree is, it will still strangle the life out of other plants to survive. Those other forms of life aren't any different, if you observe their interactions long enough. The difference in the case of the tree is that it creates a space in which only it can survive vs something like an animal that will only attack the things it deems to be a direct threat.
Old 16-09-2015, 04:26 AM
Experiencer

I'm familiar with evolution..

What I meant was what methods have you used to understand the mind? What makes you an authority on this?
Old 16-09-2015, 04:34 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmt12
I'm familiar with evolution..

What I meant was what methods have you used to understand the mind? What makes you an authority on this?
Read the last bit of my last post. My methods are observation mostly. I never said I was an authority. If you don't believe me by all means do whatever you wish, I barely care enough to post this and if ignored i'll probably not bother again. What you won't learn with your mind you will learn with your body whether you wish to or not.

Last edited by Riboflavin : 16-09-2015 at 09:15 AM.
Old 21-09-2015, 06:37 PM
voidmu

This all leaves me almost speechless. That's a hint.