Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
You have discovered it... pure love for no reason.

Emotional love is the outer heart through which we may connect with others.

Love Itself is the essence of being through which everything is connected.

Xan

In my experience with pure love, there is no division. You can't feel that kind of love towards one person and not another, it's not conditional on who's who and what they have done. it stems from within and encompasses everything including all life forms regardless. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever felt.

So even a mother's love for her baby would not be the same, as even that to some extent is conditional on the baby being her own, the one person in life she can love unconditionally.
Old 18-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Master
Well said, Charlie. I agree with every word.

Xan

Old 19-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Master
There is a strange air of spiritual superiority where 'Im so awakened and their not'... but it just seems that way if one wants to be 'higher'.

It's easier to see people the way they are... instead of pretending "i'm awake', "their ignorant' or 'He's furthur along' and 'I'm not as far along'.

Of course, love comes into it, but then it too becomes conditional and unconditional, however, like the people you classify, love is how it is, not what people say it is.

Don't be misled by it all.
Old 19-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There is a strange air of spiritual superiority where 'Im so awakened and their not'... but it just seems that way if one wants to be 'higher'.

It's easier to see people the way they are... instead of pretending "i'm awake', "their ignorant' or 'He's furthur along' and 'I'm not as far along'.

Of course, love comes into it, but then it too becomes conditional and unconditional, however, like the people you classify, love is how it is, not what people say it is.

Oh no - it's exactly as people say it is!

Really Gem - just how stupid do you think everyone else is?
Old 19-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Oh no - it's exactly as people say it is!

Really Gem - just how stupid do you think everyone else is?

Please don't insinuate that is what I think.
Old 19-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Please don't insinuate that is what I think.
I'm not insinuating it - I'm asking it.

Quote:
Of course this leans more towards arrogance rather than stupidity - knock two points off my score for incompleteness.

Quote:
Pretending? Well, I guess this points towards delusion rather than stupidity. Two more points off.

Quote:
"Love is how it is, not how people say it is." Question: Are you 'people'?

Quote:
Ah, now we finally get to the insinuation of being easily misled.

I think it is touching you are so concerned of others being misled - have you ever considered anyone besides you has a brain?
Old 19-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Master
Hello,

A question comes to my.

In defining Love and in defining others outlook on it, is this creating Love to be conditional?
Old 19-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

A question comes to my.

In defining Love and in defining others outlook on it, is this creating Love to be conditional?
Definition, by definition, is a process of exclusion. To say something is something is to say it is not everything else.

In questioning questioning, we have here uncovered a potential flaw in communication itself - that through careful definition we have, by narrowing thought to a manageable dimension, narrowed our conception of reality itself, thus effectively losing the essence of what we hoped to describe in the first place.

And so a solution presents itself, that of qualifying our statements with the understanding that words and definitions are not the things themselves, that words and definitions are only pointers - an attempt to place in context the thing as it relates to a specific need or situation. As such, the definition of a word could have (and almost always does - look it up) many different definitions, depending on the context that is being referred to.

Sadly, no matter how many times that is stipulated, it seems some people are simply unable to look beyond words and listen for the intended meaning, so will insistently point out that the use of certain words is inevitably incorrect, because words are not the things themselves - and then they will turn right around and point out certain definitions to words as 'right', regardless of context, as if words actually did have some sort of innate reality to them.

Quite a pickle.
Old 19-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Charliemcsnarly

I''m here to learn from others and see if what they say resonate with my own experiences, not to argue about who is 'further along'. I'm not interested in who is further than who, only in what people have to say. In my very few experiences with unconditional pure love, I know it to be a very different feeling from what we normally call love, and there is no question of it being divided by condition, if it is then it is no longer pure love, but an emotion.
Old 19-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliemcsnarly
I''m here to learn from others and see if what they say resonate with my own experiences, not to argue about who is 'further along'. I'm not interested in who is further than who, only in what people have to say. In my very few experiences with unconditional pure love, I know it to be a very different feeling from what we normally call love, and there is no question of it being divided by condition, if it is then it is no longer pure love, but an emotion.
I celebrate those who are further along - and there are plenty!