Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 10-01-2016, 06:31 AM
Seeker
Hell Gate Bridge 1916

Here is something strange for you all to contemplate:

I had a dream one night that I was swimming in the water. I was drowning because I'd fallen off a bridge. The bridge above me was under construction and was not yet finished. It was a swooping bridge that went over water. In the dream, I knew it was 1916, and the bridge would be for a train to go across, and that I was in New York.

Well, when I woke up I was curious. For some reason the image of this bridge stuck in my mind. So, I wrote down what I knew from the dream and looked for pictures of bridges that looked like the one I remembered in Google images. I found an image that was in black and white and matched my memory perfectly. When I clicked on the link, I found out this bridge was called Hell Gate Bridge, which was finished in September of 1916, and was in New York.

I told my mom, and she could hardly believe it. She thought I was making it up at first. She was shocked my dream was actually backed up by facts.

To this day, the bridge is functioning, carrying trains across the water. I'm not sure the validity of me feeling like I'd fallen off and was drowning. I couldn't find anything about a worker drowning.

Look up Hell Gate Bridge 1916 and you'll see what I mean. It's eerie, really.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:07 AM
Ascender

wow.....this is an amazing dream......well check what I found:
http://boroughsofthedead.com/the-gen...ocum-disaster/
Old 10-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Seeker
Wow, that's crazy. Thanks for sharing that link Scotch. There is definitely something strange about that dream, and I have a suspicion there's more to it than I understand right now.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:52 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix13
Wow, that's crazy. Thanks for sharing that link Scotch. There is definitely something strange about that dream, and I have a suspicion there's more to it than I understand right now.

yes....i think so too.....but please keep up updated
Old 11-01-2016, 06:10 AM
Seeker
I will. Hey, I did have another dream that same night about 1764. It was during some kind of battle around the NE United States. It wasn't as detailed, and I couldn't really find anything about it. But I figure hey, if my 1916 dream was so real, then maybe this one is too. :)
Old 11-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix13
Here is something strange for you all to contemplate:

I had a dream one night that I was swimming in the water. I was drowning because I'd fallen off a bridge. The bridge above me was under construction and was not yet finished. It was a swooping bridge that went over water. In the dream, I knew it was 1916, and the bridge would be for a train to go across, and that I was in New York.

Well, when I woke up I was curious. For some reason the image of this bridge stuck in my mind. So, I wrote down what I knew from the dream and looked for pictures of bridges that looked like the one I remembered in Google images. I found an image that was in black and white and matched my memory perfectly. When I clicked on the link, I found out this bridge was called Hell Gate Bridge, which was finished in September of 1916, and was in New York.

I told my mom, and she could hardly believe it. She thought I was making it up at first. She was shocked my dream was actually backed up by facts.

To this day, the bridge is functioning, carrying trains across the water. I'm not sure the validity of me feeling like I'd fallen off and was drowning. I couldn't find anything about a worker drowning.

Look up Hell Gate Bridge 1916 and you'll see what I mean. It's eerie, really.

Hey... this is interesting. This kind of stuff happens in past life regressions sessions. Happy for you. Do keep us updated.

Aham Brahmasmi
ahambrahmasmisite.wordpress.com
Old 11-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Guide

I read a little bit about this, and there are multiple drownings around the Hell Gate Bridge. They have put up fencing because the current is so strong. It would be hard, although not impossible to find a record of a death around 1916. I know just from what I have read, it is dangerous around the East River. That area is well known for drownings, I assume that there are even people who have never been accounted, who have drowned...especially in those days.
Old 12-01-2016, 12:53 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
I read a little bit about this, and there are multiple drownings around the Hell Gate Bridge. They have put up fencing because the current is so strong. It would be hard, although not impossible to find a record of a death around 1916. I know just from what I have read, it is dangerous around the East River. That area is well known for drownings, I assume that there are even people who have never been accounted, who have drowned...especially in those days.

Wow, thanks Colorado! That's really helpful. I thought that I must have been some sort of worker since my memory was littered with facts about when the bridge would be done, but maybe not. Either way, it's good to know.

-Phoenix
Old 12-01-2016, 07:02 PM
Ascender

any new dream, phoenix???
Old 12-01-2016, 08:21 PM
Guide

Lets check to see if any of the workers drowned during the construction of the bridge....these cases always fascinate me because I also have had dreams, especially as a youngster of things I wrote off...until years and years later...they came up as fact. Freaky! Im going to look around on the web & see if I can find anything more on this subject.