Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-01-2020, 03:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Perhaps ... yet difficult to accept, what you say about variations in chakras. It’s like saying human anatomy is different depending upon tradition.

What I do accept is that there are many more chakras or energy centres than commonly believed. We gradually become cognisant of them over time.

Please do post the tattva bit ...

That is exactly right, they are dependent on ones tradition and belief structure.

Taosim for instance doesn't use chakras at all but Dan Tien's.

Personally I am a 7 chakra guy.. but then the next stage they unify.. Chakra's are all at the mind level.

I will post it in the Hindu section... it's long but very good.
Old 03-01-2020, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:

Perhaps ... yet difficult to accept, what you say about variations in chakras. It’s like saying human anatomy is different depending upon tradition.

What I do accept is that there are many more chakras or energy centres than commonly believed. We gradually become cognisant of them over time.

Please do post the tattva bit ...

Here you go.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=133311
Old 04-01-2020, 02:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy

Thanks for the link jonesboy

It needs a careful read so I’ll get to it.

Our difference in conceptualisation based upon experience related to chakras still remains. What makes you affirm that the number of energy zones varies depending upon tradition? Many who never even heard about the kundalini have had similar experiences (both those who had a positive experience as well as those who suffered trauma).

In my own case I can say that I never embarked upon any yogic technique and yet the awakening (partial, no doubt) occurred and is still continuing at the popular 7 chakras as well as many more ... all automatically by divine grace. In fact, it is a seamless energy grid splitting form into two halves vertically over front and back, accentuated at chakra points.

A close friend of mine vividly experiences Ardhnarishwar almost thrice a week in meditation before proceeding inwards deeper and well... much, much more.

So what’s tradition got to do with all of this?

Old 04-01-2020, 02:23 AM
Master

Different traditions do work on different chakra points but that is not the case of others not being there just cause a tradition doesnt work on some.

I don't know if you've noticed that at times traditions who follow the 7 chakra thing sometimes even say the chakras are in different places.. eg some may say a sex chakra is between the legs while another tradition will say a sex chakra is just where the public hair growth starts at the front. One tradition say the third eye chakra is between the eyebrows while another tradition may say its at the middle of the forehead. The thing is all these are actually different chakras so there is confusion even among the traditions who follow the 7 chakra thing.

In reality we have our main chakras, minor chakras and mini chakras (eg in fingertips). All our organs have their own chakras to help feed them energy. Those who are healers who work with their hands will develop bigger chakras in their palms to what is normal for people to have etc. You can tell a lot about a person by their chakras. Obviously the main chakras are the easiest for people to first detect and work with hence why we see so many traditions focused on just 7. The energy system is a complex system thou.. hence why things like acupuncture work.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:10 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
That is exactly right, they are dependent on ones tradition and belief structure.

Taosim for instance doesn't use chakras at all but Dan Tien's.

Personally I am a 7 chakra guy.. but then the next stage they unify.. Chakra's are all at the mind level.

I will post it in the Hindu section... it's long but very good.

i think that would sorta be true that it is the tradition that makes the chakras for some people. since they cant feel their power centers. they could believe it since they cant experience it yet.

i would just say i had four chakras when i was a kid. my hands, heart, and throat. nobody knew what i was talking about but somehow they were there.

later in my early twentys i noticed on ocassion the top of my head would open up and i would feel bliss to the point i couldn't contain the laugher and tears running down my face. it didn't happen because somebody told me about the seventh chakra. it was there the same reason my head is connected to my neck. lol.

later in my early thirtys i began my spiritual journey and i can't recall any teachings about chakras. i do remember being told there is 23 of them but said in a way that its not something you learn about but that they are there. the practice was solely on development which is nothing to do with knowing where the 23rd chakra is which i still don't know.

in that process i began noticing my lower chakras, third eye and so on. nobody talked about it. maybe something. but it was clear that development made these power points more noticed.

no where along the line has there been a tradition or learning from knowledge but by development and witnessing what one experiences. it is what it is. development brings awareness to what is there. information brings things into the brain but doesn't build or change human design.

as far as classifying things as mind level in reguards to chakras. we can maybe list fingers and toes in the same camp perhaps.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 04-01-2020, 07:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
i think that would sorta be true that it is the tradition that makes the chakras for some people. since they cant feel their power centers. they could believe it since they cant experience it yet.

i would just say i had four chakras when i was a kid. my hands, heart, and throat. nobody knew what i was talking about but somehow they were there.

later in my early twentys i noticed on ocassion the top of my head would open up and i would feel bliss to the point i couldn't contain the laugher and tears running down my face. it didn't happen because somebody told me about the seventh chakra. it was there the same reason my head is connected to my neck. lol.

later in my early thirtys i began my spiritual journey and i can't recall any teachings about chakras. i do remember being told there is 23 of them but said in a way that its not something you learn about but that they are there. the practice was solely on development which is nothing to do with knowing where the 23rd chakra is which i still don't know.

in that process i began noticing my lower chakras, third eye and so on. nobody talked about it. maybe something. but it was clear that development made these power points more noticed.

no where along the line has there been a tradition or learning from knowledge but by development and witnessing what one experiences. it is what it is. development brings awareness to what is there. information brings things into the brain but doesn't build or change human design.

as far as classifying things as mind level in reguards to chakras. we can maybe list fingers and toes in the same camp perhaps.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:29 PM
Master
Quote:

Thanks for the link jonesboy

It needs a careful read so I’ll get to it.

Our difference in conceptualisation based upon experience related to chakras still remains. What makes you affirm that the number of energy zones varies depending upon tradition? Many who never even heard about the kundalini have had similar experiences (both those who had a positive experience as well as those who suffered trauma).

In my own case I can say that I never embarked upon any yogic technique and yet the awakening (partial, no doubt) occurred and is still continuing at the popular 7 chakras as well as many more ... all automatically by divine grace. In fact, it is a seamless energy grid splitting form into two halves vertically over front and back, accentuated at chakra points.

A close friend of mine vividly experiences Ardhnarishwar almost thrice a week in meditation before proceeding inwards deeper and well... much, much more.

So what’s tradition got to do with all of this?

Energy is the real nature of everything. It doesn’t matter what tradition you follow eventually you will get to energy.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for posting that, Jonesboy.

I have read through it and I was going to say something about Sri Chakra Vidya...going from the 36 Tattvas of KS back through to Bindu using the Sacred Geometry of the Sri Yantra...I don't have it as my avatar because it just looks pretty.

The Sri Vidya mantra has 37 syllables, representing the 36 tattvas of Saivism and the 37th transcendent Parashiva state. These are divided into 11 for the Vagbhavakuṭa, 15 for the Kamarajakuṭa, and 11 for the Shaktikuṭa thus forming the three "cities" of Tripurasundari.

I wanted to expound a philosophy that I already knew about, yet had a really hard time putting it into words.

For hours I stared at the reply screen in the Hindu Forum trying to work out how I was going to explain it...where to even BEGIN explaining it...

Then fortunately I stumbled upon an essay which did.

https://swarajyamag.com/culture/the-...the-sri-chakra

People who want to know all about what is being spoken about in the past few pages should familiarize themselves with this.

I would also like to see if anybody replies to that thread in the Hindu Forum...it does sorta get somewhat lonely down there...
Old 04-01-2020, 03:19 PM
Master
As an interesting sidenote:

From the article:

Quote:
The six Chakras are classified in granthis (knots) of two. The lowest two chakras correspond to 108 rays, the middle two to 116, and highest two to 136 rays. I have argued elsewhere that this provides an explanation for the layout of the great Shiva temple at Prambanan in Indonesia (Kak, 2010)

So, finally... FINALLY I get an answer as to why I am so fascinated by the architecture of Prambanan Temple in Java (which I have visited many times).

The structure of Angkor Wat temple is similar...seeing as how it was a Hindu temple before becoming a Buddhist one..

Borobudur Temple was designed totally differently but still along those same lines.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running

It’s all stages of realization.

There was a time you didn’t feel energy, silence or chakras. Just like you noted there was a time when you only felt a few of them.

It’s the same thing as what I am saying just farther down the path is all.