Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Master
I'm being somewhat facetious with the theories, but honestly it could very well be spirits of some type wanting to gain my attention for whatever reason.

A clear bell tone I must say sounds promising. If you were getting cackling laughter or a growl or some such thing then maybe a different story but a bell, that sounds good to me.

My 2 cents, well okay probably a couple dimes worth by now haha, but yeah my thoughts on it for the time being. ~
Old 13-08-2014, 04:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
I'm being somewhat facetious with the theories, but honestly it could very well be spirits of some type wanting to gain my attention for whatever reason.

A clear bell tone I must say sounds promising. If you were getting cackling laughter or a growl or some such thing then maybe a different story but a bell, that sounds good to me.

My 2 cents, well okay probably a couple dimes worth by now haha, but yeah my thoughts on it for the time being. ~

Deus--

I was just apologizing for confusing the multiple-popping (that seems to come from inside my head) and a loud POP! when separating in projection.

But, as you said, there are several good theories.

1. My brain fooling me in order to cause me to move when trying to project. In this case, it seems like my brain will be very creative in the sounds I "hear". It can be a cell phone sound that mine doesn't make, footsteps coming that make me move, cats meowing that really aren't there, etc.

2. But in cases where I hear my name called, I'm wondering if that is spirit trying to connect. Bells or musical notes can fall in between here, as it still might be my brain trying to fool me, or it might be some kind of celestial being!

What sticks in my mind--and I haven't gotten more information about it--is a comment that, during projections or dreams or meditation, some see mathematical symbols or geometric shapes. The comment was that they might represent some kind of abstract concept understanding that you've gained during the "trip". That made sense to me somehow.

If you think of dreams not as just this random putting-together of psychic junk, but a construction meant to bring back with us the energetic/consciousness interaction we have had--put into a visual/auditory "story"--then seeing symbols like these make sense. Seeing musical notes, for instance, sounds like some kind of symbol for something greater, to me.

Just thinking out loud here.

Lora
Old 13-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
What really clinched it for me (that this popping was not sinuses, etc.) was hearing a kid on a Psychic Kids show. As they were walking around a house along with a medium (Chip Coffee), as spirit got close he said, "I hear popping in my head, like champagne bubbles. But it's not. I always hear it when spirit is near."

It may have to do with changing pressure caused by the (higher) vibration of the visiting entity. It's a theory!

Lora

Woah missed this post. So that's interesting, haven't heard that before but in light of all the talk of popping sounds, it adds more potential validity to the spirit/s theory.

I once heard a women's or woman's voice/s singing while lying in bed. That was only the one time with singing that i recall, but was one of the more pronounced auditory mystery sounds. Was alone in the house with no music or radio on so ruled out conventional explanations, plus it sounded strange, not like your average singing and it was only a single line.

I suppose it also possible that some facet of our perception is spontaneously receptive at certain times to a wider range on the metaphysical spectrum than we are used to. Our antenna picks up a blip from some other channel for a moment.
Old 13-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Deactivated Account

let's talk about hearing that woman's voice singing to you while you were in bed
Old 13-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
let's talk about hearing that woman's voice singing to you while you were in bed

Yeah, Deus! Sounds promising!
Old 13-08-2014, 11:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
Woah missed this post. So that's interesting, haven't heard that before but in light of all the talk of popping sounds, it adds more potential validity to the spirit/s theory.

I once heard a women's or woman's voice/s singing while lying in bed. That was only the one time with singing that i recall, but was one of the more pronounced auditory mystery sounds. Was alone in the house with no music or radio on so ruled out conventional explanations, plus it sounded strange, not like your average singing and it was only a single line.

I suppose it also possible that some facet of our perception is spontaneously receptive at certain times to a wider range on the metaphysical spectrum than we are used to. Our antenna picks up a blip from some other channel for a moment.

Only thing is that if I "pay attention" to the popping, it usually stops. And I've never decided "who" was around at that time.

That may just be my lameness at receiving, IDK.

Lora
Old 14-08-2014, 05:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne

Hello! lol. Yes always love and welcome a woman's voice expressing themselves in my bedroom. Add some dancing to the singing and really get creative.

Islewalker usually the pops i hear are one off's, as in only the one pop sound and done. I may have heard bubble popping sounds before as well, although can't recall a specific incident but mainly (to the best of my memory) the pop sounds are more cork than bubble, and as such probably louder? Certainly a sharper sound you'd think.

Fairly certain I have heard a single bubble pop before, rather than several consecutive ones as you described; although it's very possible my mind/memory may be imagining things/making up memory due to the suggestive influence of this conversation. Hard to trust my memory sometimes, often enough I can't even distinguish b/t what is a real memory or a dream memory.