Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 25-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
So what is the formula? If I am nasty to 3 people do I get 3 lifetimes of nastiness back or one lifetime with triple nastiness? In the first case there will be people who won't have enough lifetimes before the universe ends. In the 2nd case, as there is a limit to the 'punishment' one can bear, does karmic retribution get 'cheaper by the dozen'?
Just wondering.
that depends, you arent exactly clear in your question, if you are nasty to 3 people, then 3 people will be equally nasty to you, and likely all in one lifetime, what one thinks they can bear, and what the soul determines can be bared arent always the same, this is what they call growth, becoming "bigger" than you currently are, the hard way...as far as karma, being nasty to a person doesnt necessarily equal an entire lifetime of nastiness in return, that would depend on whether or not you spent that person's entire life being nasty to them, much less all 3, and for the universe ending, that is of no consequence, it will be rebuilt and the unpaid karma still waiting for you...the formula is always 1 for 1 ,or as in the bible "an eye for an eye"...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 25-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Baldr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I am certainly open to what you have said here Baldr44, and in fact I kind of hope you are right.
Have a great day....James

I suppose there is no reason to hide ones identity. Please call me Jake which is how I'm known in spirit. Leo is who I am in this particular reality.
Old 25-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Baldr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
that depends, you arent exactly clear in your question, if you are nasty to 3 people, then 3 people will be equally nasty to you, and likely all in one lifetime, what one thinks they can bear, and what the soul determines can be bared arent always the same, this is what they call growth, becoming "bigger" than you currently are, the hard way...as far as karma, being nasty to a person doesnt necessarily equal an entire lifetime of nastiness in return, that would depend on whether or not you spent that person's entire life being nasty to them, much less all 3, and for the universe ending, that is of no consequence, it will be rebuilt and the unpaid karma still waiting for you...the formula is always 1 for 1 ,or as in the bible "an eye for an eye"...

I agree, pretty clear response. The "eye for an eye" is also very metaphysical
Old 25-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldr44
I suppose there is no reason to hide ones identity. Please call me Jake which is how I'm known in spirit. Leo is who I am in this particular reality.

Nice to meet you Jake!
Old 25-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Baldr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Nice to meet you Jake!

Nice to meet you as well.
Old 25-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
What would the difference be between chosing to be born with some disability and self-harming?
A system that allows the deliberately crippling of human beings is offensive to me. To justify such thing because it teaches others something is double offensive. Are the powers that be so bereft in their ideas that they have to use human beings in the worst possible manner in order to teach others a lesson or two?

well said! there are far better ways to learn "lessons"

back to the thread - this subject as a whole is pointless debating, bc no one has any evidence (as much as they'd like to believe they are correct)! your beliefs resonate with you bc of your expiernces both pre-life and now (the soul knows) If you happily oblige with this process prior to coming here everytime (reincarnating etc) how could you truly know? it's not in your awareness bc you haven't expierenced it. No one is the authority on this. That being said I do hope those that say there is complete free will are correct!My intuition however has never been wrong, I just can't shake feeling that something is off about this process, so i will continue to remain skepitcal until i know for sure.
Old 25-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Interesting thread. I've debated this one a lot myself and I guess I'm pretty open to all possibilities but from my own experience I don't think I chose my illness. I believe it resulted from my environment and chronic stress, poor diet and extremely bad luck. Those are my thoughts largely from the fact I managed to recover from it for a few years but then it returned with a vengence :(

My son is severely autistic but I have a strong feeling that genetics are involved because his father has undiagnosed Aspergers and my dad certainly shows strong autistic traits himself. It's possible that my son decided to take such a body to fulfil a purpose or perhaps for my own evolution...who knows. I'm cautiously open.

I agree that we can learn from such children. My son is challenging but one major lesson I learn from him everyday is that he is mainly in the NOW. He has no concept of far in the future, he lives for himself. He is uninhibited and expressive. He gets frustrated due to being unable to communicate as he would like but he finds great joy in the simple things. He loves splashing, flapping, chasing people, lights and doors. Everything is a wonder to him. He is profoundly spiritual.
Old 25-03-2011, 04:27 PM
LightFilledHeart

It is as simple as this:

Some people need their sickness to get love and attention. Others need it to GIVE those things. It's not up to us to judge.

The soul is a complex thing. We are none of us sapient enough to assign value to what is experienced by another. Only their soul knows what gifts lie hidden within what appear to the casual observer as the most difficult of circumstances. Only they know what learning opportunity they may take from it and/or what quality it may spur them on to achieve. Sometimes taking on a deformity might be impulsed by pure altruism, in that the condition or handicap draws qualities of compassion and selfless service from others...qualities those individuals might otherwise not be able to access!

So there is a lot more than meets the eye here. Indeed some lessons can be learned in a gentle and light-hearted manner, but not all. And it would also be different for each individual soul and not up to us to judge. What I DO know is that nothing is ever forced on any of us. We are very much involved in the construction of our Soul Plan, and in no way are seeming hardships forced upon us. There are no victims.
Old 25-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Master
I know the purpose behind my illness and it wasn't worth it.

If a soul needs love it can easily chose to be brought up into a loving home.. As for giving love, most people are products of their enviroment and conditioning, our true selves are loving, caring, nurturing etc, souls of light aren't sociopaths, it's the things they expierence in life that they chose appreantly that can cause lack of senstivity etc, that's ego. it's really about how you process your trauma which really isn't in your control (you can intelluctualize it but sub cons takes things at face vallue)
Old 25-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
I know the purpose behind my illness and it wasn't worth it.

If a soul needs love it can easily chose to be brought up into a loving home.. As for giving love, most people are products of their enviroment and conditioning, our true selves are loving, caring, nurturing etc, souls of light aren't sociopaths, it's the things they expierence in life that they chose appreantly that can cause lack of senstivity etc, that's ego. it's really about how you process your trauma which really isn't in your control (you can intelluctualize it but sub cons takes things at face vallue)
the sub conscious can be completely reprogrammed, it is still under your own control...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi