Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 03-09-2015, 10:26 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It's complicated - our neurology. But one has to be careful not to attribute clause and effect glibly.

There's a statistic that says "people who wear gold watches die younger than those who don't."

Would I blame the watches? Nope.

Claiming that spirituality alters brain cells is on the same level, to me.

I was reading recently about a research group who wanted to look into some of the reports that "wine was healthy when consumed in moderation". What they did was quite novel. They convinced a grocery store chain to allow them access to their data-base of customer receipts and did a search for people who purchased either wine or beer. They wanted to see what else was purchased, in either case, at the same time. I believe they found roughly 30 million such receipts.

It turns our that the folks who bought wine also tended to by other products that were more healthful in nature. They tended to purchase more fruit and vegetables, more cheese and better cuts of meat.

While the folks who bought beer tend to lean more toward chips, hotdogs and softdrinks.

Turns out that the health benefits may have had little do do with the wine itself, but be more about the lifestyle what tends to accompany most wine drinkers.

Same may be similar with prayer. Is it the prayer itself, or more the hopeful lifestyle that many among those who tend to pray are likely to lead?
Old 04-09-2015, 09:23 AM
Lorelyen

You hit it dead on there!
Old 04-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Master

Quote:
I was reading recently about a research group who wanted to look into some of the reports that "wine was healthy when consumed in moderation". What they did was quite novel. They convinced a grocery store chain to allow them access to their data-base of customer receipts and did a search for people who purchased either wine or beer. They wanted to see what else was purchased, in either case, at the same time. I believe they found roughly 30 million such receipts.

It turns our that the folks who bought wine also tended to by other products that were more healthful in nature. They tended to purchase more fruit and vegetables, more cheese and better cuts of meat.

While the folks who bought beer tend to lean more toward chips, hotdogs and softdrinks.

Turns out that the health benefits may have had little do do with the wine itself, but be more about the lifestyle what tends to accompany most wine drinkers.

Same may be similar with prayer. Is it the prayer itself, or more the hopeful lifestyle that many among those who tend to pray are likely to lead?

What an insightful and positive answer about self, brought down the person and amazingly, based on what is not known why and a little bit of cause and effect. The power of you. Great analysis and example. Why's are so great. This may even evidence not only are people subjective but their tests as well. Conscious follows conscious.