Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-04-2024, 04:40 PM
Pathfinder

Generation gaps.

Hi everyone. This is something I hear alot. Do you think everyone thinks the generation they grew up in is the best? In my opinion, yes. I think people are partial to their own generation which is why alot of these arguments start.
Is one generation/time really better than another or do you think everyone just thinks their's is best?
Old 06-04-2024, 06:57 PM
Master

It may be that a generation is best for those who were born in that generation but I have seen and heard lots of people who say they were born in the wrong generation. Young people who like the music of the 1930’s or the culture of another past era other than the one which they were raised in. Older people want to teach younger people their values but often younger folks reject those values.

It seems to me that every incoming generation tries to replace the culture and values of the previous generation. They want to make their own mark on society; they want to have something of their own and not something which has been handed down. Personally, I am glad I was born and grew up when I did, but I did not know how good it was until it was over and replaced by new incoming generations.

When the younger generation of today gets older they will be replaced by a much younger generation; this happens to every generation. These are “the good old days” for the younger generation of today. I believe that a person is born into a particular place in time to experience and learn from what that generation has to offer, in that respect maybe that generation is best for them. Its like food, not everyone has the same tastes or think the same food is best.
Old 06-04-2024, 07:45 PM
Administrator
Im with Starman on this I know of people younger than I am dressing as though they were living in the forties

Namaste
Old 06-04-2024, 08:01 PM
Master
Generation Gaps

I think we might be partial to 'our' generation because we might not know that much of other generations. It seems that mostly what we know is what we have been exposed to and that is 'our' generation.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-04-2024, 09:35 PM
Master
Generations are an intellectual construct, same as time. The Aquarian Age is moving us into a rebalancing of mind and heart. One day soon human consciousness will have evolved to the point where we see each other as souls and equals, and time and history as one flowing stream of uninterrupted, eternal movement.

And the late 60s and early 70s were the best, definitely and no question.
Old 07-04-2024, 08:01 AM
Master

I guess it all depends on what a person considers to be “best.” Here in the U.S. the World War II generation has been called “the greatest generation” because they helped to stop Hitler.

There was also a war in the late 60’s and 70’s, the Vietnam War, which was rejected by the masses. There was lots of civil unrest, protests, etc., back in the late 60’s and early 70’s. But the 60’s and 70’s were best for me because I learned how to meditate back then and there was a widespread spiritual revolution. Yes, there was also racism and sexism back then, but the birth of rock and roll also happened with lots of songs about peace and love. My generation were called “baby boomers,” and we rejected our parents and grandparents ideals.

So I agree with Big John, in that the generation which we consider best depends on what we were exposed to as individuals during that generation. Today staying in the moment is what is best for me. Although I do believe that each generation makes a contribution which future generations may build on or totally reject.
Old 07-04-2024, 10:51 AM
Master

Yes I’m with Starman on this one. I’m from the baby boomers and I gotta say the 60s and 70s were just fantastic. I had an absolute ball! I started travelling g around the world which opened me up to so many spiritual beliefs. Many huge changes took place in that period of time ie music, spiritual, clothing, culture, women’s lib, the pill, divorce, to name a few. They all had a huge impact on society and in a better, healthier way imo

I think those particular changes needed to happen and I’m glad I was part of that.

I’ve often heard quite a lot of youngsters of this generation today say…….I’m bored, or …….this is boring. Jeez I was never bored at that age and I dont remember anyone else say they were bored either. Everyone I knew just wanted to do so many things, go places, paint the town red lol

Yep I gotta say, I’m sooooo glad I was born then and not at this time.
Old 07-04-2024, 06:36 PM
Master
Come to think about it, I seem to gravitate to 2 separate generations.

My first 'generation' I gravitate toward is when I got out of high school. I was the first in my school to not only see a computer (an IBM mainframe) but actually got to program it in about 1/2 dozen languages. At times: I was in my own World.

My second 'generation' saw me stepping into a world that was foreign to me. One day, I looked at my passport and was surprised I visited Asia 12 times in one year. I visited places most people, I would assume, didn't even know existed. Being looked at as an ex-pat is a banner I took on for about 2 decades and is something I plan going back being again.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 08-04-2024, 08:00 AM
Master

Any of us can ONLY relate to the generation we grew up in ....
Beyond that is only speculation as to what happened in the "past" and how they lived and unless you are either aware of past lives/ can see into the future, then at best we can only relate to life as we know it....

Of course, during my lifetime I have seen many inventions which have made life easier...
But I also realise that my children have taken for granted things that I never had...

So for me the sixties were the bomb.
For my kids the 80's /90's were the bomb.