Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 15-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Aria_Jadewing

Digital VS Traditional

I mostly draw on a digital canvas, and while I do a lot of traditional as well, I don't have the supplies (or the money to buy said supplies) To buy canvas and pain to try and to do spiritual paintings. I asked around, and I heard that it's nearly impossible to do a truly spiritual painting digitally. I disagree, but what do you guys think?
Old 15-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Master
To me as an artist its all the same, we just express ourselves through whatever medium, but for me personally I still love the traditional oil painting.
Old 16-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Suspended
I'm with Mr Slice on this. Use what you can. Biro & post-it note, if that's all you have. Creativity is creativity.

What is a spiritual painting anyway? Is it a painting of spiritual beings? Or a painting coming from your spirit? Or a painting by a spirit through you? Or something else? Whatever it is, I fail to see why it would be deemed impossible digitally.
Old 16-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria_Jadewing
I mostly draw on a digital canvas, and while I do a lot of traditional as well, I don't have the supplies (or the money to buy said supplies) To buy canvas and pain to try and to do spiritual paintings. I asked around, and I heard that it's nearly impossible to do a truly spiritual painting digitally. I disagree, but what do you guys think?
I think that technology has built-in barriers, certainly at this time of using it, which are much higher than when one uses natural materials and a more direct interaction. Taking a painting for example, there is the texture of the canvas, manipulating it before one even begins, possibly the smell of the paint, the actions required to get the right color and maybe consistency, etc, etc.
Old 16-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Master
I do "spiritual" artwork primarily through digital canvas, as well, for the same reason you do - because I'm an art student and I need to save money for supplies I need for school. It also prevents me from having to worry about mailing out artwork (since my work is generally made for others).

I feel "spiritual" artwork comes from within, and yes, creativity is creativity... I still do some traditional "spiritual" work and I definitely plan on completing traditional paintings, but in the meantime, digital is my preferred method.

Plus, it's hard to resist all those fab glowy effects.