Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 11-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
"God is Light".
So should I increase the wattage of the light bulbs in my home in order to increase the presence of god in my life?
Old 11-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
God is observable in the bible firstly, secondly in the physical world of creation, thirdly in the human consciousness; he can be observed by science, but much of science does not believe he exist, so they miss out on their discoveries, by explaining them in a human context, instead of the spiritual, giving credence to creation without a creator, they miss the revelation of God there. Its like seeing the universe, explaining your best why you think it exist, and then counting on your explination as being the only possible reason it exist, because you think a God is beyond reason.

And reason itself is a proof of God, because reason cannot; did not, create itself or evolve from unreasonable nothing! How could reason, or conscious thinking, develop itself from unconscious physical matter that you cannot even explain its existence? Because you are not using God as the microscope, your using the physical creation of a man made way of determining why things exist, and you are limiting what is spiritual, as really being some magical physical phenom.

Your entire post is pure speculation. You insist, therefore it is so?
Old 11-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Common Sense Rules Again

....?.."God is light"..?....

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
So should I increase the wattage of the light bulbs in my home in order to increase the presence of god in my life?

Ha ha, oh my great God{ ess } that is ROF-Laughing, cut to the crux comment. Excellent!

It is so refreshing to see common sense used to counter fundamentalist like repetitions of some kind of dogmatic-like rhetoric that I cannot recall the exact label for.

Thank you! Organic Born Your may be one of many saviours on Earth.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 11-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Your entire post is pure speculation. You insist, therefore it is so?

I tell what I understand, and what I don't understand. I state my beliefs, I live my life, and see none of that even being possible without there being a God. I insist nothing, I am excercising my right to express myself, and no one is forcing you to read it. And at times I have to speculate about God, because I do not know him. I can only relate what I sense.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
It is so refreshing to see common sense used to counter fundamentalist like repetitions of some kind of dogmatic-like rhetoric that I cannot recall the exact label for.
Thank You R6!! :)

Common sense with the underpinnings of observational honesty is something we need to be seeing more of! I'm not a big fan of empty guessing being sold as established certainty.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank You R6!! :)

Common sense with the underpinnings of observational honesty is something we need to be seeing more of! I'm not a big fan of empty guessing being sold as established certainty.

I have nothing to sell, and guessing is as close to theory as it gets; thats all we can do in much of this spiritual stuff, and we think our theory is correct, just as science does. You may be nieve enough to call a scientific guess as established certainty, I am nieve enough to view my speculations as the closes thing to truth that I am aware of.

And judging by the sheer number of views this thread has had, you may not be a fan of it, but there are enough fans to it to satisfy me.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:28 PM
Ascender
Quote:
I insist nothing, I am excercising my right to express myself, and no one is forcing you to read it. And at times I have to speculate about God, because I do not know him. I can only relate what I sense.

But you're "insistent" in this response.

Do you not see the irony in this reply? You previously posted an opinion, using highly controversial imagery, in a science area, in a public forum. You want to state what you state as though your observations are sound, when each one of your points are easy to deconstruct. You even admit that god is an anomaly to you, and yet you attempt to stand firm in your presenting "him" as factually relevant.

In science all beliefs are questionable. Anything that appears to stand firm will eventually be replaced as new info comes to light that strongly suggests otherwise. A "belief" in this case is transitory. It only lasts as long as the facts are supportive. If you're wanting a challenge-free experience then the science threads may not be your forte.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:30 PM
Ascender
Quote:

And judging by the sheer number of views this thread has had, you may not be a fan of it, but there are enough fans to it to satisfy me.
Science does not rely on popularity for it's insights. It goes where the facts continually take it.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Master
Quote:
But you're "insistent" in this response.

Do you not see the irony in this reply? You previously posted an opinion, using highly controversial imagery, in a science area, in a public forum. You want to state what you state as though your observations are sound, when each one of your points are easy to deconstruct. You even admit that god is an anomaly to you, and yet you attempt to stand firm in your presenting "him" as factually relevant.

In science all beliefs are questionable. Anything that appears to stand firm will eventually be replaced as new info comes to light that strongly suggests otherwise. A "belief" in this case is transitory. It only lasts as long as the facts are supportive. If you're wanting a challenge-free experience then the science threads may not be your forte.

You can search my threads through all the archives, I have NEVER stepped away from a challange, and have debated all comers; God is in my view, period! And I could care less who believes it, which is why I am not insisting; I am relating my views, and I seriously believe my views; I have seen all other views, looked at all other alternitives; and I still see God as the true core of all things.

And until something better comes along, I am sticking to that track of consciousness.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Science does not rely on popularity for it's insights. It goes where the facts continually take it.

This thread is going somewhere as well, and it will go where I take it!