Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 14-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Pathfinder

Crystal/Stone Shapes

So the first ever Crystal/stone that was purchased for me i was instantly drawn to because it resembled a dragon egg (or my interpretation of one!)

Since then i have on a lot of occasions been more drawn to crystals/stones of an egg like shape. These tend to be some of my favourites in my collection.

Does anybody else have a favourable shape for their crystals or noticed any major correlations in the shape of the stones they choose for different things?

Blessings to all,

Dez
Old 14-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Experiencer

I am quite fond of the egg shapes too, but I tend to pick out the stones that are slightly elongated / flatter and I like to rub my thumb over them! I like my crystals to be tactile, so I prefer tumbled stones around 25-30mm. Mostly I like adding to my collection, but if I want a stone for a specific purpose I deliberately pick it out - I do this by choosing a speciality stone that I'm attracted to online or by going into a shop.
Old 26-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Seeker
Thumb stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
I am quite fond of the egg shapes too, but I tend to pick out the stones that are slightly elongated / flatter and I like to rub my thumb over them! I like my crystals to be tactile, so I prefer tumbled stones around 25-30mm. Mostly I like adding to my collection, but if I want a stone for a specific purpose I deliberately pick it out - I do this by choosing a speciality stone that I'm attracted to online or by going into a shop.
I have a couple of those FruitLoop and know them as thumb stones because you would swear that someone as rubbed it with their thumb for a millennia as they always fit so well under mine
Old 26-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Experiencer

I do have some crystals that are proper 'thumb stones' - they're sold as such - longer/flatter with a little dent for the thumb, but some of my tumbles are like this too. They're always nice to hold.

I have some larger crystals that I've picked up and they've just fitted perfectly into my hand though, right down to the dents/ridges in the right place. They've always come home with me
Old 26-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Amoralight

Hi Dezmax. I think for most of my crystals I've picked them for their shape. (Plus colour and individuality too). Often with a reminder of something. Heart shape, odd shape, egg shaped, prisms, feel goods, looks weird.

Thumb feels too!! I have a Malachite that fits into my palm and it has a place for my thumb and every finger. Feels mine.

Collected rocks as a child around rivers and one of my favourite was a bum shaped one. I still have the river bum stone that my brother and I laughed and laughed about.

So been through stages of different shapes. Didn't notice any major correlations at the time but dare say they were there.

Love raw states of rocks and crystals of different shapes and sizes but have lots of feel good tumbles too.

Last edited by Amoralight : 26-10-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 26-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Master
I have two eggs an amethyst and a carnelian. If we could see ourselves in terms of energy we are all egg walking shapes. I use the egg shape crystals in meditation and help protect my aura of negative energies especially the amethyst.

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.