Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 12-09-2023, 12:49 AM
Pathfinder
AngelBlue, maybe there are people that are gifted having their prayers answered. Not everybody just open their mouth and have an angel on their corner right away. For me, it is not being that easy.

Blue Tiger and whitelotus, I like better the idea of just asking instead of praying It suits Christian believeings.

Angels are not gods. Perhaps praying to them or treating them like gods can annoy them and cause the opposite effect you were looking for.

So, asking and repetition. I also downloaded some Gregorian chant recordings to do this work. I once read an occultist that chanted angel names because he said they like music.

When asking to angels, do you also offer up?
Old 18-10-2023, 10:58 PM
Master

What CAN you ask angels for is maybe also a useful question. How to pay the next mortgage, how to fix the car, I think maybe they aren't there for that even if they should happen to know. Maybe more meaningful to ask what your purpose in life is, how to be a better person, how to deal with the annoying neighbor, or even ask for healing for someone.
Old 19-10-2023, 06:45 AM
Master

BadMedium asks if you can ask an angel for help but then goes on to say why it is not possible or at least in his/ her experience.
So why ask ?
Old 02-11-2023, 11:59 PM
Newbie ;)

I am not religious. Though I do believe in Angels. I think because they are so much higher vibration than us humans it is difficult to communicate with them.

If our vibration is low they might not be able to hear us in the first place. I also assume they have a lot more to do than our own personal guides per say. Meaning our guides are able to tap into our vibration more readily than a light being such as an angel. I think angels are more like overseers of other lower beings such as our guides.

To speak directly to angels would be difficult. I think one's vibration would have to be so high. Those that can speak with the Angels are very very advanced souls indeed.

If your prayers aren't being responded to it is probably because you can't receive their answer in the first place.

I hope this didn't seem negative because that's not the stance I'm trying to take. There is an author of many books regarding angels named "Doreen Virtue" perhaps you can find some meaningful content in her books.
Old 03-11-2023, 11:47 AM
More about prayer. My take.

I had a thought: (Since this seems about prayers being answered.)
I was wondering, ''Why would someone pray to an angel instead of their own Father Creator"
Just wondering, mind you...not wanting to 'start anything', like, that it's wrong..ok?

I thought, Oh probably because they're a bit scared to talk to God, thinking He is scary or busy ...don't want to 'bother' Him?
And this could even be unconscious.
Maybe they think an angel is more 'approachable'?

I dunno.
Thought I would toss that out in the conversation.
Earlier 'a decree' was brought up. I agree and have done that since 1975.
(What I decreed after all these years has continued, btw.)
And at that time, I grit my teeth and mentally talked to everybody...I addressed God, dead Gurus, Angels, the Universe,
the Powers that Be...anybody that was 'out there' listening.
Funny, I don't recall addressing the Holy Mother Mary, being an ex Catholic you would think I would have, Ha!

A decree is saying something IS going to happen, almost like a command or telling the Universe or Whom ever is
listening -THIS is what is going to happen...
You SAY it into being.
"I AM going to get this job."
"My car IS going to sell at full price by Thursday."
And you firmly expect it to...you know it will happen.
Christians have a phrase: Say it and claim it."
You can have an inheritance...but if you don't go to the Lawyers office and claim it...nothing happens.
You have to allow, claim, accept that which you want.

There is no. "Lord, (or my guardian angel), would you please send me someone that will buy my car by Thursday?"
There's no begging, crying or pleading either. No. "Lord send me...blank." Period and Thank You...with a smile!

Now, Jesus says a few things - you can choose which direction or teaching you want to.
He says clearly, "Say to this mountain.." You are speaking TO that thing you want to move or change, for example.
(Examples, ''Cancer be gone'', evil spirit leave this person.)
Note - Jesus didn't say - Ask the Father to move the mountain, Ask me to move the mountain, ask an angel to mountain...no.
Say to the mountain be moved.*
You can take that how you want to, just pointing it out.
PS nothing about angels, btw...why not? You can answer that.

BUT, he says: - in John 14:13,14
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

(Huh? Well, which is it? Or maybe BOTH are just fine!)

Then: Therefore I say unto you, All things whatsoever ye pray and ask for, believe that ye receive them, and
ye shall have them. Mark 11:24

What is the MAIN thing in prayer is believing. All my prayers are answered -and I'm talking about being asked to go to a dying person
in ICU in a coma, being kept alive by machines - of course, next morning she was sitting up smiling and talking.
My friends were shocked...I wasn't ...why would I be?

So if what you are asking for or decreeing - you secretly in the core of your being have doubt - it won't happen...
Doubt is like a brick wall in receiving from 'The Universe, angels, God Himself'.

You can believe angels want to and can help you....but if unconsciously you
believe..."But it'll never happen or I'm a bad person I don't deserve this.
I'm just a loser, I have NO luck..."
Guess what... it won't happen.
It has nothing to do with Angels or God not listening!
It's about YOU....me ..us.

My belief is like concrete, like a rock, unshakeable...and so things manifest.
Oh, things you would not even believe...my friends don't - their mouths drop...they don't get it.
Ask, believe and receive...it's The Formula.

*Mark. 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea;
and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which
he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-11-2023, 11:53 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I had a thought: (Since this seems about prayers being answered.)
I was wondering, ''Why would someone pray to an angel instead of their own Father Creator"
Just wondering, mind you...not wanting to 'start anything', like, that it's wrong..ok?
Really, really, really helpful post. Thank you for sharing that
Old 03-11-2023, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brightside
Really, really, really helpful post. Thank you for sharing that
Thanks, buddy! Welcome here. This topic of prayer is a deal for me...decades ago I researched prayer, healing...
all sorts of mysterious things...I really wanted to understand how all this stuff works!
Abraham-Hicks had a big influence.

Because you're new ---on this forum, btw...the Admin has asked us to just quote 2-3 sentences of a person....
that's why I reduced the quote down.
Hope you enjoy it here.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-11-2023, 08:53 PM
Ascender

It’s absolutely fine to pray to angels, archangels or spirit guides. They are extensions of God. God won’t be offended if you do, that’s just religious nonsense. Angels etc are there to help you 24 hours a day, but need your permission first. Once you give that to them, then they can come into your life and work on your behalf.
Old 03-11-2023, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Neil
God won’t be offended if you do, that’s just religious nonsense.
My personal opinion aside, cuz I dunno if I even have one...You state this as fact..here we would like you to
say this is your belief or opinion or I read, for example......
qualify it somehow, in other words. Thank you.
Otherwise everyone here will be saying all sorts of things as fact.

Someone else says this: ''While there is no verse which explicitly states, 'You shall not pray to angels,'
it is abundantly clear that we are not to pray to angels."

Now where do they get THAT!? I dunno.
73% of people say all sorts of things as if fact. See...I just made that up.

Old 04-11-2023, 03:43 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Neil
It’s absolutely fine to pray to angels, archangels or spirit guides. They are extensions of God. God won’t be offended if you do, that’s just religious nonsense. Angels etc are there to help you 24 hours a day, but need your permission first. Once you give that to them, then they can come into your life and work on your behalf.

I have tweaked the way I'm doing my workings. Now, before even trying to ask an angel anything, I request God to send my message to that angel. Lord God Father who art in Heaven or Pater nostrum quia est in Caelis.

It is somehow gnarly because you can't outsmart God but I have nothing to lose for trying.

Zero results so far, as always.

It is my believing that angels are not to be treated as gods or demigods because they are supposed to stay by God's side.

It is not about angels being offended. They'll probably make a hard pass on you.

I also have serious problems believing that you open your mouth and a particular angel can hear you, just like that.

Why in Earth, Arzel angel of the East can hear me talking when I'm on the other side of the planet.

Why do we assume that angels can even talk. Not only that, we assume they talk English and any other language.

Where in the Bible is an angel giving a speech. Or any transcription elsewhere.