Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-05-2015, 11:55 PM
Master
I am so very sorry for your loss.
No words can make it better but I'm sure we will all be sending love your way.

To answer your question.
I have never been that tuned into someone that has died.

I do know the morning a friend (grandfatherly) died three dogs in my house next door went mental barking in every direction.

I got the call and he had died approximately the same time.

If 3 dogs could pick his passing up, I don't doubt you could feel a loved on doing so.
Old 24-05-2015, 12:10 AM
Master
Very sad and tragic, how are you coping ? Do you have plenty of caring people around to support you through this ? You will likely go through many different feelings , Keep taking good care of yourself and Im sure your friend is at peace in Jesus' name AMEN.
Old 25-05-2015, 02:15 AM
Experiencer

I'm sorry for you're loss. I've experienced something somewhat similar and what you experienced isn't at all uncommon.

In February of 1984 I was 21 years old and living in a college dorm. One of my suite mates who lived next door was had health issues became ill and died unexpectedly. I couldn't sleep that night.

I woke up after hearing my name called. I looked up and there she was standing. I knew that she had crossed over. She was dressed in an off-white gown with a crown on her head. She didn't have a halo but she had the look of someone who had had a spiritual experience. She had no emotion. I went back to sleep and a couple of hours later my room mate came into the room and woke me up. I looked at her and said Jane (not her real name died). She didn't seem to be surprised that I knew.

When I told some people in the dorm about this, they were confused and upset by it. I wasn't close to her, so why would she appear to me and not someone else she was close it was what one person told me. I had no answer for that.
Old 26-05-2015, 07:29 AM
Deactivated Account
Sorry to hear about your friend's sudden passing Heather...

What you describe experiencing sounds very familiar to what is known as a 'perimortem experience'... Below is an excerpt from a book about Near-Death Experiences:

"When somebody’s presence is sensed at a moment when this person’s death is still unknown, we speak of a perimortem experience. This involves sensing the moment and sometimes even the manner of death of a loved one, often at a great distance, when none of this information could have been known. It often does not emerge until later that the perimortem experience took place at the exact same moment of death elsewhere. The experience typically involves an inner awareness that the person in question has died. Occasionally it is accompanied by a proper farewell, with direct, silent contact or with a word of thanks for a shared life. This type of experience can take place during the day, with witnesses or with shared experiences, but more often than not these events take place at night, in the form of what is usually called a lucid dream, which leaves an exceptionally deep impression and feels much more real than a normal dream." ~ Pim van Lommel M.D.
Old 24-06-2015, 12:15 PM
BenHebrew

I am really sorry to hear of your friend loss. so what you do after death of your friend for his lost or how will you keep his memories. i will suggest you to buy cremation jewelry to cherish your loved friend.