Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 21-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Meg88

How do you know who you were?...& looking alike, genes

Edit; title is meant to read "alike," woops

Okay, first off, I remember seeing a post once where you guys were saying how your reincarnations will always look alike. Why is this? Can't we reincarnate to several different families, who will have completely different physical genetic information, thus resulting in you looking different? Or even if you reincarnate into the same lineage, there is a mixing of genes with new incoming people from different families, so it seems big differences are bound to be inquired.

Secondly, in my lineage, we actually have royalty. Our blood is Rh-, the whole bit (but I promise we have no evil plans to take over the world ;). There was a queen with the exact same name as mine, right down to the middle name. I wasn't named after her, this was a coincidence. My family jokes that I must be her reincarnation, that would explain my "royal attitude like I was f-cking Cleopatra despite growing up in this poor family." Hah! "Especially since you look like her," someone said. It's especially interesting since her first name is Catherine (as is mine), and her first daughter's name is Anna...well my mother's name is Anna, and my (her first daughter)'s name is Catherine. Would be cool if we were in the same soul group and switched roles on purpose in this life, huh? Well, I'm taking this with a grain of salt, I don't want to be the fool who automatically believes she must have been a queen in her last life, everyone likes to believe that But nevertheless, how do you know? I gotta admit, I've seen some of you convinced you were certain famous people, and I just laughed at y'all. Sorry, it's possible, but so unlikely.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:23 PM
InFurs

hope I'm not too late

I'm Rh- too! *high fives*

Okay down to business. I think that there is such thing as a soul (cosmic?) DNA - I watched a video where a woman talked about how things such as your iris imprint is not a hereditary trait and possibly a soul thing. Well they do say eyes are the window to the soul, heheh. I'm not too sure on that but I kind of believe we look similar (in fact I started a thread on that).

I think people who associate themselves as a former famous person may have SOME connection to the person. For example millions of women think they were Anne Boleyn which is understandable she is seen as a powerful woman in today's society, or at least that she is living the dream of royalty and riches. But perhaps these people had a past life as someone who might have been close to her (for example a maid or servant even a cousin) or admired her and wanted to be her and lived in the same time as her. But I'm talking about the people who really feel it. I think the people who really were famous in their past lives might feel it but are confused by it and are not confident enough to talk about it. They usually are famous themselves actually. Not always.

That's just my point of view though.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Iseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg88
Okay, first off, I remember seeing a post once where you guys were saying how your reincarnations will always look alike. Why is this? Can't we reincarnate to several different families, who will have completely different physical genetic information, thus resulting in you looking different? Or even if you reincarnate into the same lineage, there is a mixing of genes with new incoming people from different families, so it seems big differences are bound to be inquired.

How can we actually look alike when we incarnate as different races, sexes, etc.? I think people are wrong about assuming we always look the same or choose the same form, even if our incarnations do sometimes favor certain traits and tend to manifest them over and over.

When I look at my past lives, I can see the relation, though. There's something of me that I see in them, and vice versa, even if our bodies look quite a bit different.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:28 PM
ZOV

Quote:
How can we actually look alike when we incarnate as different races, sexes, etc.?

Check this vid , you can start at 3:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5b-k...eature=related
Old 08-11-2012, 02:11 AM
Iseke

I never really bought into the "look how similar my photo looks to [famous person's photo]!" comparison shots; I never really see the resemblance, haha!

That said, yes, people can look like prior incarnations. But they don't always, and when they do they don't always look identical. But like I said I think there's still an essence across the board, regardless of how different one's genes or physical bodies are across time.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:15 PM
InFurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iseke
I never really bought into the "look how similar my photo looks to [famous person's photo]!" comparison shots; I never really see the resemblance, haha!

That said, yes, people can look like prior incarnations. But they don't always, and when they do they don't always look identical. But like I said I think there's still an essence across the board, regardless of how different one's genes or physical bodies are across time.

I agree. There will be resemblance, because there will be things the soul kind of imprints but it would be boring to look the same so we would sort differ in appearance, life after life. But you will always have the same spark.
Old 22-11-2012, 05:24 AM
MorningStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iseke

I don't see the resemblances either. lol That being said though, I remember snippets of one past life, and though I can't remember the man's face, I remember his size and body type. And I remember his soul, his spirit, his personality. I met him again, just last year and I knew he was very familiar to me. He told me I knew him and one day, some weeks later, said he had seen me in his dreams many times. He remembered some of the same things I did from that past life. When I later showed him a picture of me in period garb that I had taken some years back with my family, he turned white as a sheet. Personally, I don't see how the faces could look the same and perhaps that's why I couldn't remember his face, but still knew I knew him from somewhere, some time.
Old 13-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFurs
I'm Rh- too! *high fives*

Okay down to business. I think that there is such thing as a soul (cosmic?) DNA - I watched a video where a woman talked about how things such as your iris imprint is not a hereditary trait and possibly a soul thing. Well they do say eyes are the window to the soul, heheh. I'm not too sure on that but I kind of believe we look similar (in fact I started a thread on that).

I think people who associate themselves as a former famous person may have SOME connection to the person. For example millions of women think they were Anne Boleyn which is understandable she is seen as a powerful woman in today's society, or at least that she is living the dream of royalty and riches. But perhaps these people had a past life as someone who might have been close to her (for example a maid or servant even a cousin) or admired her and wanted to be her and lived in the same time as her. But I'm talking about the people who really feel it. I think the people who really were famous in their past lives might feel it but are confused by it and are not confident enough to talk about it. They usually are famous themselves actually. Not always.

That's just my point of view though.

Well...that's very interesting about the iris imprint. No one else has mine in my family, nor the colour.

I agree the soul essence, or something of it, carries over, and it is this that you recognise at the soul level, at some deeper level of consciousness.

I think that the decision to resemble oneself across lifetimes may or may not occur. Sometimes yes, sometimes not at all. I looked different last lifetime and I think I was less honest with myself and less expressive. Spiritual, but perhaps less aware or more distracted by the times.
I think I have learnt to better express myself this go round. And I hope I am more aware and less distracted.

I think in some cases where we do carry a likeness across lifetimes, it may be to reinforce or "remind" us in the current lifetime that -- as all souls incarnate individually -- that who and what we are is unique and precious.

It may be that certain of us may need our individuality bolstered or reinforced, for healing and growth and expression of our gifts. All of us have unique and beautiful gifts.

It also may be that for some, awareness of this likeness will serve as a tool or an aid to strengthen our alignment with our soul and its chosen path this time around.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 14-12-2012, 02:31 AM
wetherspoonred

l posted a thread on Briastalin a few links down after this one. He is regarded as one of the world's best on this subject and he shows a lot of 'lookalike' pics on his site like below [apparently race, gender, etc doesn't make much difference as you can see]:

http://brianstalin-index.blogspot.co.uk/

Pope Leo XIII reincarnated as Barack Obama.

Also, for gender comparison:

Old 15-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Iseke

To prove the point I was trying to make:

"Twin" Portraits

Looking alike does not mean you are that person. It's not solid "proof" that there is a connection between two extremely famous celebrities and historical figures, with only a limited set of people whose photographs/portraits we even have to choose from, cherry picked to be comparable to a modern photograph because the figure happens to be sitting in the same pose or making the same facial expression. It turns out, humans have only so much genetic variation to begin with! Some of us are bound to look similar!

I don't mean to be disrespectful to people who are interested in this celebrity transference idea or who use photographs of historical figures to determine whether they themselves were that person in a past life. But when it gets down to it, it's just not good enough evidence in itself.

But yes, as I've said, there is definitely an essence and some traits or mannerisms that follow you from life to life, regardless of sex/gender/species manifestations. I very much believe in that. I also believe that our experiences build upon each other, so over lifetimes we're bound to take on further traits that reflect who and where we've been in our history. Wounds and highly energetic imprints on our soul from lifetime to lifetime shape our current bodies too.