Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-04-2024, 04:41 PM
Master

Thoughts

Was sitting pondering a few things today and thought ide put this one out there.

Where do thoughts come from and where do they go?

Love to hear from everyone.
Old 04-04-2024, 06:02 PM
Master
Interesting topic.

I have been noticing the last few months that I can not 'recall' certain words..... After I stop 'looking' for the word/expression, my mind seems to go quiet and another voice provides the word/expression.

It seems I am living my own life but am given help with 'certain things'.

As I reflect back, this has been going on most of my life but now, it seems to have taken a slightly different aspect.

As for thoughts: they just seem to 'appear' as if the 'thoughts' of somebody else.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 04-04-2024, 07:28 PM
Knower

I believe our thoughts come from a field of consciousness in which our higher selves and every other consciousness resides. A field of cosmic consciousness perhaps. Much like how our mobile phones translate and interpret signals into meaningful data on the screens.

More specifically, I don't believe they "come" from there, because to say "come" implies distance travelled, and I think the field of cosmic consciousness is outside of space and time. Spirits tell us there is no time once home in the spirit world, that you can be anywhere in an instant by simply thinking it.

To answer from an entirely different but related angle, I think some thoughts are placed into our earthly consciousness telepathically by non physical entities such as spirit guides and guardian angels, dead loved ones, and certainly our higher selves, all of whom we share the conscious field with. In this regard there is no separation between us and any of those entities. It's perhaps our brains that filter the vast majority of that field out, and almost totally blind us - through a veil of amnesia on top - to the vast cosmic field of consciousness. We would therefore assume thoughts arise independently from our brains. I would disagree. I think we exist continually in the spirit world, but are stuck in a metaphorical prison cell with a few unseen microscopic holes to connect us with the real world. That through those unseen holes comes information from the huge reality that lies on the other side, and we catch senses of it that lead to questions such as "where did that noise/breeze come from?"

Last edited by Bluto : 05-04-2024 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-04-2024, 08:02 PM
Seeker
Thoughts are like subtle vibrating energy in the mind, creating forms as words or images. They rise in the mind and fall in the mind, made of the mind. It is all a flowing of the mind. Or if we consider the bigger picture, thoughts are ripples in the Ocean of Consciousness.
Old 04-04-2024, 10:49 PM
Wow, some great thoughts here!
I have decided I do not care..absolutely do not care where the heck these nutty thoughts may come from...
or what the heck the subconscious mind even IS... Where many
thoughts, beliefs and images come from *Eyeroll*

I really follow that simple thing accredited to Kenneth Hagin, Sr.--
Thoughts are like birds flying overhead - you can't control them -BUT, YOU CERTAINLY can
control whether one makes a nest in your hair!!!

That's all I care about. But that's just me. Please continue.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-04-2024, 02:48 PM
Master

From consciousness and thought everything known was created. Manifested form. Thought has always been existent. No one is needed for thought here. This would be physical thought. (Physical) thought spiritually relates to both why we are here and who is the preceiver. In a way we observe the illusion thoughtfully. This cannot be avoided. Part of thought is outside time and space but there is also a part (made) within both exist at the same time. It is more so the preceiver thinking, spirit. Consciousness is dimensional and slowed down and controlled. Thought is related to learning.
Old 06-04-2024, 06:46 AM
Master
Thoughts come from here, there and everywhere like univited guests. If you don't feed them they go back to the place they came from
Old 06-04-2024, 10:31 AM
Master

In my opinion: Thoughts and emotions, while different, interact. Thoughts come to us during our waking hours as well as when our body sleeps. We think of things that are similar or different than experiences which we have already had. The basic function of thoughts are to compare and contrast our experiences, so most thoughts are either about memories or desires which we may have.

Experiences are stored in our subconscious, or sublime conscious, mind. Our thoughts compare and contrast what is in our subconscious. We form thoughts out of the energy of our being; the less we think the more our energy is conserved. Thoughts are formed and then they dissipate. They come and go according to our sublime interests, or interests we may have dwelled upon consciously or unconsciously.

Thoughts are things which we give life to in our head. They can embed themselves in our clothing or our immediate surroundings. An empath can sense a person’s thoughts long after that person has left the premises. A telepath can sense thoughts even longer than an empath. Both can even sense emotions long after the person who expressed those emotions has left the area. Thoughts and emotions are entities which we create or express consciously or unconsciously.

The Tibetan Book of the Dead states that when a person dies their benevolent thoughts and feeling take on the shape of angels and their malevolent thoughts and feelings take on the shape of demons; the demons attack us while the angels protect us. Here in human life people are inspired or attacked by their own thoughts. Thoughts are things which we give life to, they live or die according to our will and skill, i.e. self mastery.
Old 07-04-2024, 11:01 AM
Master

Hey thanks to all of you for your comments. It was so interesting to hear all your views.

I particularly liked this comment and so agree with it.

Starman……” Here in human life people are inspired or attacked by their own thoughts.
Thoughts are things which we give life to, they live or die according to our will…….”
Old 07-04-2024, 06:38 PM
Master
Our 'thoughts' can become our own 'demons'.

Running on 'automatic' seems to avoid that dilemma.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.