Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 08-01-2017, 07:19 PM
Newbie ;)

Question Can learning tarot cause paranormal activity?

I started studying tarot a few weeks ago and now I think activity has started up in my home. There was never any activity in my home before this and I never sensed a spirit or entity in my current home before this.

So about a week after I started learning tarot I started noticing things in my home. I'm a smoker and smoke outside, and when I go out to have a smoke I hear something stomping through my home and what sounds like slamming doors.

When I go inside my husband says he didn't hear anything and he hadn't been walking around. When this happens my animals seem oblivious to it too. Since my animals aren't reacting to it I am wondering if it is even paranormal or not. I can't help but think that maybe I am just hearing things.

Any advice about what this could be and/or it could be related to me starting with tarot cards would be greatly appreciated :)
Old 08-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Administrator
Hello

It is possible that you opened to a a part of yourself that has been laying dormant in that you can sense and those in Spirit can sense you.

Like anything we use for divination we have to make sure we work grounded and protected and that we bless and open and close the items we use. This goes to cards as well. Asking permissions to use them first and then blessing them for their use at the end opens and closes the doors to them being used or accessed by others.

I note that even my kids "Ask" to use the decks I might have laying about before they touch them. I put an energy around them that is "mine" so that there is not outside energies put into them.

You might try a gentle blessing on your home, sage, or saying a blessing and seeing if things settle. Do not force things until you understand more about yourself and what might be there.

If the cards were not new, or could have been used by others then its a nice idea to bless them, clear them. There are many crystals that work well with cards. Something that is kept in a pouch with the cards to ground and hold their energy in place.

Lynn
Old 08-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you!

I can usually sense a presence when an entity or something is near me and have heard and seen things before. I have been able to hear things since I was about 15 and started being able to communicate with them a little around 17. I have seen things since I can remember. It has been years since I have actively used or acknowledged these gifts though.

I guess I didn't do enough research before starting using the cards because I was not aware that I had to use protection, though I should have known that since you need to use it with other things. I think I just got so excited to start learning that I neglected to think about protection and grounding.

I was wondering if using the cards might have opened my senses more like they used to be in the past.

The cards were new and I have been the only person to touch them since i bought them. I cleansed them, the cloth I use to set them on, the box they are stored in and the crystal I keep with them before I started using them. I might cleanse my home with sage too to see if things settle down afterwards. I don't feel anything negative though, just that there is something here.

I will make sure to brush up on my protection and grounding skills before I use them again and remember to use those before I use the cards.

I also didn't know I had to "close" the cards when I was done. I have heard that is supposed to be done with Ouija boards, though I am terrified of them and would never use one.I will look around and see how I am supposed to do that, but if you could explain it a little that would be awesome.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:16 AM
Knower
I think like a ouija board, although the cards are a little low key in generating that kind of energy, it is a portal opener also. I would burn sage during usage and I also would suggest carrying a quartz crystals for protection. During each session it is also good to pound the card deck with your right hand, I believe, to clean the deck of any other energy.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:42 AM
Administrator
Hello

I will sort mine into the order they are to be in with the Guide Book. Making sure first they are all there and second that they are all facing the upwards direction. That none are damaged or in need of a wipe over.

Shuffle with the mere intention of clearing the energy of your tarot cards. Shuffle them over and over again, until your intuition tells you that your cards are clear. You can even envision light flowing into the tarot cards while negative energy flows away from them.

You most likely came in more aware and as you never opened to it much it just simmered on the surface. Cards are a very low level conductor and I would never touch a board, did it once and only once. OMG the nightmare is still fresh with me. If we are not permitted to talk about it all then at times something will trigger things to re open again.

Sage is good to do in a house, as I am allergic to sage of all things LOL being a Medium, I use dried lavender. A friend of mine will use a combination of the two and it smells nice.

For me I envision that they are held in a golden ball of light. I always close by saying "thank you" to my cards and always make sure they are re packed away nicely.

Lynn
Old 09-01-2017, 02:46 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you both!

I haven't got to the point of actually reading the cards yet though, just learning them. I'll try doing what I used to for protection. I used to visualize a sort of protective bubble around me that wouldn't let negative energy in but positive things could come in. Maybe that would work for the protection part.

I will also try thanking my cards when I end my studying or practice. I feel like I should than my guides and higher power and the universe for helping me.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:46 PM
Deactivated Account

I do feel with Tarot your opening a pandora box. I think spirits are excited at the idea that someone has the ability to 'channel' or flirt with the other side. It is your sol responsibility to take care of yourself and your surroundings. Like the others mentioned, saging or palo santo sticks. Mentally too. I would encourage to pick up meditation/grounding if your going to be a regular practicer.

I dont mess with an Ouija boards, I hear nothing but terrible stories with that board game from all cultures. With tarot, I see it is a self empowering/development tool. Your essentially reading your own energy. Although, Like Ouija, I do believe you have the capability to call/channel in entities. Heck, you can do this on your own with no tools. I really have no motivation to call in. Although, It's happened before( careful how you ask your questions). If you see some of our reading requests threads, some of the experienced readers will say, "no spirit questions". If your a deep feeler like me (clairsentience), certain spiritual energies from the other side don't always bring a pleasant feeling. Sage, intent, a clear clean consciousness ( usually after meditation) is helpful.
oh and relax and enjoy, humans lurking around are much much scarier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Sage is good to do in a house, as I am allergic to sage of all things LOL being a Medium,

Yeah my mom is very sensitive and allergic too, shes not even close to my space when I light some up and she get's bad headaches and teary eyes, its really mind boggling to someone who isnt! Lol

Last edited by Clover : 09-01-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:49 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you :)

I will start practicing on safety skills before I start with the cards again, and start meditating too. Maybe the meditating will help my anxiety a bit too.