Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 22-12-2017, 02:08 AM
traceyacey12

Why and how do twin flames exist?

To restate: Why and how do you think twin flames exist? There's a lot out there about twin flames being souls that were split from one having missions to complete on earth to clear dysfunction but do you have your own opinion as to why and how twin flames exist? Basically, do you have your own definition for the twin flame phenomenon?
Old 22-12-2017, 02:14 AM
Suspended
My definition is what you stated. I've noticed a lot of dysfunction in the family I was born in, and I've been the one to kind of hold a space for healing. I've also had visions of the split soul thing, and dreams that kinda clarify that.

So.. I'm not sure how they exist? But..how does anything really exist lol. Life is randomness.
Old 22-12-2017, 03:07 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
My definition is what you stated. I've noticed a lot of dysfunction in the family I was born in, and I've been the one to kind of hold a space for healing. I've also had visions of the split soul thing, and dreams that kinda clarify that.

So.. I'm not sure how they exist? But..how does anything really exist lol. Life is randomness.

I want to leave it at life is randomness but somehow that's not satisfying to me. I wonder if this still means I have ways to go in my spiritual awakening.
Old 22-12-2017, 10:48 AM
Newbie ;)

In relation to my desire to understand what twin flame "looked like" saw I vision of a pink round aura and divine love tug on it, pulling one out from behind the other. The souls, of that's what they were, were identical, you'd swear there was only one, until It was revealed the were two.
I also saw how love can drain from the twin relationship if there is jealousy or fear or doubt etc, the pink drained away to a grey. But they remained together. Not ideal.
Anyway that's what I saw. And in what I think is my own TF relationship I let jealousy and fear replace the love. It's very sad when that happens, you're still connected, but not talking and needing space and time. Who knows if we'll get the Love back. I hope so. I believe love is ultimately divine and always gives chances to grow again.
Old 22-12-2017, 02:45 PM
Lorelyen

It's a relationship that adheres to a particular doctrine that both must be willing to accept.
The definition lies in that doctrine.
- for some reason each have a partial soul and have found the indentured "other part" in the twin so that together they exist as one soul.
- you abandon your free will to the "universe" (whatever that may mean) that thereafter directs your life and destiny as it was this universe that brought you together.
- the relationship lasts forever (supposedly unless you want to return to being a fractured soul).

Implicit in these is that the twins are spiritually eternally married and are reliant on each other for growth and development, hence an assumed ownership of each other.

However, these traditions have relaxed somewhat as the romantic connotations have turned the idea fashionable so for most it's become a label for one of those relationships that starts with a burst of desire, certain it's going to last forever. Doesn't being a pair of twin flames sound more committed than girlfriend and boyfriend (or whatever genders are involved suffixed with 'friend')? How long the fashion lasts is anyone's guess. The origins are fairly occult and few people (including me) are unwilling to wade through masses of stuff to learn their derivation. But a clue is "twin ray" and "Blavatsky".

So a more updated definition is whatever you want it to be involving two people claiming to fall in love on or shortly after meeting. Dodgy flames are where one believes the other is their twin flame without that other being aware of what they're up to.

As I see it.
Old 22-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you

Thank you!
That fits with my experience, that part about handing my will over is what I've struggled with the most, and I give into fear and doubt, when all I really have to do is flow and trust. My twin has told me heaps of times to do that but I worry about handing my life over to it, yet it is my life and I have to accept whatever comes and trust is for the best. I feel like I'm holding up the train from leaving the station right now.
Old 22-12-2017, 05:49 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It's a relationship that adheres to a particular doctrine that both must be willing to accept.
The definition lies in that doctrine.
- for some reason each have a partial soul and have found the indentured "other part" in the twin so that together they exist as one soul.
- you abandon your free will to the "universe" (whatever that may mean) that thereafter directs your life and destiny as it was this universe that brought you together.
- the relationship lasts forever (supposedly unless you want to return to being a fractured soul).

Implicit in these is that the twins are spiritually eternally married and are reliant on each other for growth and development, hence an assumed ownership of each other.

However, these traditions have relaxed somewhat as the romantic connotations have turned the idea fashionable so for most it's become a label for one of those relationships that starts with a burst of desire, certain it's going to last forever. Doesn't being a pair of twin flames sound more committed than girlfriend and boyfriend (or whatever genders are involved suffixed with 'friend')? How long the fashion lasts is anyone's guess. The origins are fairly occult and few people (including me) are unwilling to wade through masses of stuff to learn their derivation. But a clue is "twin ray" and "Blavatsky".

So a more updated definition is whatever you want it to be involving two people claiming to fall in love on or shortly after meeting. Dodgy flames are where one believes the other is their twin flame without that other being aware of what they're up to.

As I see it.

Thanks a lot for this. Verifies my experience very much, especially the giving up of free will. I feel like I'm just going crazy and don't have control but to have it verified by someone else is relieving.