Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 30-11-2011, 04:13 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry
While I was thinking about twins and other people experiances ive read about, I came to a theory that there seem to be 2 types of twins.

Type 1 is the mirrored twin. both twins are very much the same, lots of things in common, also bodies are mirrored. these type of twin does not seem to have any trouble together and can be together in love and peace.

Type 2: oposite twins. these twins have a strong connections to eachother but are not the same, they seem to be eachothers oposite and are complimentary. these twins seem to have more trouble, although they love eachother, they cant stand being together and one ends up running.

Ive read many times that in the beginning twins formed one soul but that it got splitted in two. So I guess the first type are splitted different than type 2. a bit like cutting an apple in two. If you cut in it two vertical, both sides are the same and form one fruit. but when you cut in horizontal, both sides have things alike but are different too, still they cannot form one fruit without eachother.

no idea if it makes sense, just wanted to share my little thought. what do you think?

Possibly a silly question, but isn't a mirror an opposite? Think about it. When you look in the mirror, you see a reverse reflection of yourself. Or am I missing something here?
Old 30-11-2011, 04:19 PM
cherry

with the mirrored i mean the twin is exactly like you, like looking in a mirror and seeing yourself.

the opposite is like totally the opposite of yourself.

like someone said, you might have this with other people too, but i feel its a lot stronger and obvious with twins.
Old 30-11-2011, 04:39 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Possibly a silly question, but isn't a mirror an opposite? Think about it. When you look in the mirror, you see a reverse reflection of yourself. Or am I missing something here?

A mirrored image is IDENTICAL but reversed. Thats different from being an opposite. Opposite of tall is short however a tall person doesn't appear short in the mirror.
Old 30-11-2011, 06:25 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulLife
A mirrored image is IDENTICAL but reversed. Thats different from being an opposite. Opposite of tall is short however a tall person doesn't appear short in the mirror.

Thanks for clarification.

My problem with the mirror/opposite concepts is that it's about physical, emotional, mental, cultural attributes, when we are talking about souls here.

To understand what I mean, if I listed out all the "on paper" similarities between my twin and my husband, you'd think THEY were the twins. It's rather stunning, actually. Similar childhoods, educations, careers, life experiences, interests.... on and on and on it goes...

I don't know where I read this, but I resonate with the idea that "twins see the world through the same set of eyes." That is the best way to describe how TF and I are "identical." Early on I thought it was just one of those things new lovers are apt to do with each other (find similarities and agree on everything); but over all these years and despite all the time we have been separated, I now see that it is much more than that. It's about what we see that others do not see. And how we react emotionally and with the same texture of compassion towards what we see.

It's why we finish each others' sentences. Why we do not have to talk at all. Why we can be telepathic. Why we can sense each others' breath and heart beat from thousands of miles away, and feel each others' pain. Why, like real twins, we seem to have developed our own secret language. And why we can see sometimes through each others' actual, physical eyes.
Old 30-11-2011, 06:32 PM
sesheta

To SerpentQueen

I totally agree with you :) I replied previously that my TF and I are opposites in many ways....but we are similar in just as many, if not more, ways. We can also finish each other's sentences (or we say the same thing at the same time!) or we can be totally silent and still know what the other is thinking/feeling. So maybe it's all about the balance of being opposite and similar at the same time....similar enough to have the strong connection, but opposite enough to keep growing and learning from each other!
Old 30-11-2011, 07:21 PM
SerpentQueen

I am struggling to put it all into words, then it occurred to me that of course I can't, because we're talking about the soul here.

Quote:
"You have hit upon the exact word; I was fond of him, yes, just as I was fond of my grandmother, and the house that I was born in, and my old nurse. Oh, I was fond of him, and we were counted a very happy couple. But I have sometimes thought that a woman's nature is like a great house full of rooms: there is the hall, through which everyone passes in going in and out; the drawing- room, where one receives formal visits; the sitting-room, where the members of the family come and go as they list; but beyond that, far beyond, are other rooms, the handles of whose doors perhaps are never turned; no one knows the way to them, no one knows whither they lead; and in the innermost room, the holy of holies, the soul sits alone and waits for a footstep that never comes."

-- Edith Wharton, Fullness of Life

I have been fortunate to have many people (lovers and friends) that I call "soul mates" who have come close to that innermost room, have made good guesses about what is inside, or maybe even come as close as to peek through the keyhole.

But TF's the only one who knows what's inside, because... well, he's already in there. And that is the frightening part, because even I don't really know what all is in there....

(If you like that quote, check out the short story.)
Old 01-12-2011, 12:50 AM
blackflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry
While I was thinking about twins and other people experiances ive read about, I came to a theory that there seem to be 2 types of twins.

Type 1 is the mirrored twin. both twins are very much the same, lots of things in common, also bodies are mirrored. these type of twin does not seem to have any trouble together and can be together in love and peace.

Type 2: oposite twins. these twins have a strong connections to eachother but are not the same, they seem to be eachothers oposite and are complimentary. these twins seem to have more trouble, although they love eachother, they cant stand being together and one ends up running.

Ive read many times that in the beginning twins formed one soul but that it got splitted in two. So I guess the first type are splitted different than type 2. a bit like cutting an apple in two. If you cut in it two vertical, both sides are the same and form one fruit. but when you cut in horizontal, both sides have things alike but are different too, still they cannot form one fruit without eachother.

no idea if it makes sense, just wanted to share my little thought. what do you think?

Very good observation Cherry, I have noticed it as well, and based on my experience ... I'll have to agree 100%.

*these 2 types are the main categories, yet many have it both ways + a lot of variation which makes type 3*
Old 01-12-2011, 02:44 AM
Guide
Interesting Cherry.. I think me and TF are more like the first type but their is a lot of push and pull but I think that is due to situation, such as him being married and not anything else.. He randomly called me today and we bounced all of the place and chatted the way I have only been able to chat with girlfriends :) I feel it is almost impossible for him to be mad at me or wish me anything bad !!
Old 01-12-2011, 06:27 AM
sesheta

To SerpentQueen

I have been fortunate to have many people (lovers and friends) that I call "soul mates" who have come close to that innermost room, have made good guesses about what is inside, or maybe even come as close as to peek through the keyhole.

But TF's the only one who knows what's inside, because... well, he's already in there. And that is the frightening part, because even I don't really know what all is in there....

Wow! Again, you've hit it perfectly :) I have that room, too and, like you, my TF somehow got inside without me noticing! Scary, isn't it??!! But also kind of nice, to know that, all along, someone had the lock to the door - we just had to wait for them to show up to unlock it :)