Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 08-07-2014, 02:08 AM
tcorsus

yesss haha
Old 08-07-2014, 02:10 AM
SunshineShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle239
it's like if you keep thinking the sky could be blue or the sky could be purple,the sky may very well show you both then because your beliefs are conflicting but once you decide,ok,the sky is blue,then the sky is blue. the best thing ever is once you accept,and can grasp that most spiritual truths are paradoxes,it is an amazing thing,you can accept "imperfection" and things not making perfect sense llogically though intuitively they do. physical realm things are linear but beyond physical realm time is non linear. Once you accept the wacky,you,in a sense become free. i find for myself most spiritual truths will have you seeming illogical and insane. Well,alice in wonderland is my favorite book,it to me is a metaphorical book about subjective reality. "all of life is but a dream" "your reality is not my reality." This book is quite genius. Accept that things don't have to make sense,become aware,and follow what feels right. I was in the "vortex" the other day,and nothing was gone,and all was well. How would you feel to know all who have deceased from your reality were really just in another room?

I can relate to this. I am a big fan of the Alice in Wonderland story, and I can connect with its message. I'm an avid day dreamer, and sometimes even fantasy can be quite real. We all have an individual perspective in this grand illusion, and the view from our perspectives can never be 100% the same as anyone else's. Once you accept that the world, the universe, life, heavens, hell, God, etc.... they are beautiful and one in the same, and once you accept that what makes them beautiful is that there is a dark, mysterious, unknowing that surrounds them, that is when you feel free.... In accepting and finding peace with not knowing.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:25 AM
Master

Last edited by Dragonfly1 : 08-07-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
well,aren't you defensive? did you read the post i even referred to? I'm not engaging in a debate. Debates are for people not certain of their beliefs or those who wants to fluff their egos or push down the egos of others. Words and labels are not that important. What is important is to find something that resonates as truth to you. People who say subjective reality would make them feel lonely or depressed are really talking about solipism. I could also care less about being right. I care more about feeling good. I threw out some spiritual pieces for those who may find use for it,if it doesn't work for you,then fine but I am not going to debate my beliefs. People who believe in law of attraction will often find a lot of use from studying subjective reality. This helped me back in 2010 right after i discovered loa. First,i discovered meditation(09),then loa(late 09/10),then subjective reality(2010). Each of those pieces connected more and more truths for me.

I apologize if I came across as defensive- that wasn't my intention. I was merely raising awareness on the definition of solipsism and how it ties into what the OP believes- which ironically probably doesn't matter anyway since he seems set on believing that we don't really exist and therefore has already assumed that we have nothing of value to say.

My own beliefs do not tie into this conversation- But, if you haven't realized already you should see how your own post comes across defensive. I do not intend to stab with this comment- just sharing what I observe. If it is not accurate then again I apologize. My intention is to help- nothing more.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Knower

This is quite interesting. At the same time depressing. I read Steve's article and according to him we are the ones that aren't real. Which I think you have to be crazy to believe other people aren't real that's a really far fetched idea but then again who knows I just rather live thinking this is real that way in my mind I think it makes a better way of living then thinking people aren't real. Imagine getting angry at someone and just yelling that's fine you aren't real lol that just sounds crazy. How can you take certain life duties serious? I think we all have to come up with our own definition of what life is rather than use other peoples definition or personal experience, Just what I've learned from being here for a while. So many different beliefs I could see how people could go crazy. If it makes you live a better life thinking I'm just a dream then dream on.

I have an Angel on my shoulder but a devil in my head. Kaskade

"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
Old 08-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
I apologize if I came across as defensive- that wasn't my intention. I was merely raising awareness on the definition of solipsism and how it ties into what the OP believes- which ironically probably doesn't matter anyway since he seems set on believing that we don't really exist and therefore has already assumed that we have nothing of value to say.

My own beliefs do not tie into this conversation- But, if you haven't realized already you should see how your own post comes across defensive. I do not intend to stab with this comment- just sharing what I observe. If it is not accurate then again I apologize. My intention is to help- nothing more.
Yes,i agree my post comes across as defensive. I am not sure why.

"Change is the only constant."
Old 08-07-2014, 10:32 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostchild88
This is quite interesting. At the same time depressing. I read Steve's article and according to him we are the ones that aren't real. Which I think you have to be crazy to believe other people aren't real that's a really far fetched idea but then again who knows I just rather live thinking this is real that way in my mind I think it makes a better way of living then thinking people aren't real. Imagine getting angry at someone and just yelling that's fine you aren't real lol that just sounds crazy. How can you take certain life duties serious? I think we all have to come up with our own definition of what life is rather than use other peoples definition or personal experience, Just what I've learned from being here for a while. So many different beliefs I could see how people could go crazy. If it makes you live a better life thinking I'm just a dream then dream on.

You know,when i first discovered this stuff,i found it hit me like it resonated,but it did scare me a little. As i grew and expanded and went through certain things,it actually soothed me,though. I believe in paradoxes,though. Despite it all being a dream we are dreaming,I also don't think we are alone. God is still real. My soul connections are still real. When I used to think it scared me,i tried to make life seem more real,and consequently,life would feel not as high vibration as when i surrendered and then would have more petty dramas. When you raise your vibration,life starts to feel more surreal,magical,and dream like. When you accept the dream like nature of reality,life somehow goes downstream..in the flow,and manifestations become far far more easier. It's beautiful because again,when someone you love dies,you realize,they really didn't die..they are just in another room. You realize all around you these characters are playing a role,the good guys/girls are angels playing a role,guiding you. It's like the universe is winking at you.

"Change is the only constant."
Old 09-07-2014, 09:58 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Yes,i agree my post comes across as defensive. I am not sure why.

A little thing called projection, probably.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Master
How is anyone real besides me?

The OP's questions seem to assert something to the effect of "... I can only see through my eyes. Therefore, I do not know if everyone around me is truly there... I can not see through their eyes."

Consider that these answers to your questions.....ARE actually you seeing YOURSELF through OUR eyes....

....in a "dream" in which WE ARE JUST AS REAL AS YOUR NEED to seek answers TO your questions....

When you ask, "How is anyone real besides me?" consider that..

"Your mind is the mirror in which the infinite power and intelligence of the universe sees itself reproduced."
- Genevieve Behrend

.....Or you wouldn't BE seeing these answers....at all.

You might even ask yourself the following questions, as well, "Is life just one "dream"? And could death be awaking from this "dream" in which we call life?"

I remember reading about Paramhansa Yogananda's reunion with his resurrected guru, Sri Yukteswar, who had returned to Earth, for a brief interlude with his former disciple, from a higher vibratory sphere called Hiranyaloka. "O Master", Yogananda said, "I was grieving so deeply about your death!" "Ah, wherein did I die? Isn't there some contradiction?" said Sri Yukteswar, eyes twinkling with love and amusement. Sri Yukteswar goes on to say to his former disciple, "You were only dreaming on earth; on that earth you saw my dream-body. Later you buried that dream-image. Now my finer fleshly body--which you behold and are even now embracing rather closely!--is resurrected on another finer dream-planet of God. Someday that finer dream-body and finer dream-planet will pass away; they too are not forever. All dream-bubbles must eventually burst at a final wakeful touch. Differentiate, my son Yogananda, between dreams and Reality!"

"Row, row row your boat gently down the stream...
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...Life is but a dream..."

....from which we will awaken to discover that we are yet....the Selves we have always been.

Hope this, and the references below, helps you answer your question...

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...p;postcount=29

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...72&postcount=8
Old 16-07-2014, 10:55 PM
Suspended

i dont know how to be more clear about my thoughts coming into reality, some were paradoxical, i thought to myself ""why am i so shy.. maybe something horrible happened to me when i was young and it stuck with me"" and then my mom told me that i was in foster care for a year when i was 1, yet i have seen my grandmothres pictures of the first 10 years of my life and she took pictures near every day. So how is that possible??

i got into psychology and i guess my mass googling of stuff led me into the illuminati and how they mass brainwash people with music, tv, movies, everything. Anyways i got fearful of it and thats when i saw the NEWS with some guy saying we have to brainwash the americans to make them think gun control is a good idea. Thats also the day my PS2 was messing up, i hit "play" and it went to the end credits. Thats also the day i saw the 48/50 states infected with a deadly disease and then on the ride home i asked my grandmother what she was watching and she said "Oh thats all i get with my bunny ears". And the guys living next to me were cheering 9/11.

So how are you real??

So the only way i can make sense of it is that there are litteraly unlimited versions of people and i only interact with the one version that suits me. If i were to seriously think something of someone, it would come true. But then how are you real, because like i said ive done things that dont make much sense or point to humans living in a combiend dreamworld. I (edit) and complained on how my town would prolly (edit) away money on new cop cars, and a month later, we get 3 new cop cars, is this a random coincident or did i create that? If i created it, my complainaing made the entire town commitee decide to get new cars, as if the hundred people running this town didnt have different plans for that money...

so can anyone draw me a diagram or explain it a little better.

i hate to say your wrong, but what ive experienced doesnt fit.

edited by staff