Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 26-04-2016, 02:59 AM
Master
Right vs. Left.

I have noticed with my Reiki that my right hand gets really warm during treatments, yet my left hand does not. Which makes me wonder then, is my left hand chakra not open? Or is this common for others? Is it a giving vs receiving thing. One hand is one the other is the other. Is the left, even though it's not warm like the right, still send/giving out energy?

Curiously curious.
Old 28-04-2016, 04:58 AM
Experiencer
I've had this happen as well. When I began practicing, I primarily used my right hand and found I had more sensitivity to the energy flow with it. Over the past year, I've been primarily using my left hand and have noticed it has more sensitivity to the outward flow than my right. I also have wondered if I now have an issue with my right hand, so I have begun to focus on sending equally. I find that the energy flows the same, and that my right hand just takes a little longer to "warm up". It seems that my mind mostly pays attention to whichever is the one I'm using most at the time. It may be the same for you. If it doesn't, it's not a big deal either, as I've heard it is common for practitioners to use their main hand for sending energy and their off hand for receiving/sensing.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 28-04-2016, 03:24 PM
Master
That is interesting. Though I have not really tried to use one hand at a time for a set amount of time to see if maybe the left one would catch up, and or compensate for the right one.

I will say I am a left handed person, so my left hand should be the dominate one. Perhaps that is why the right is stronger, or at least feel that way?
Old 28-04-2016, 04:59 PM
Master

The optimal state for the giver is to neither grow cold nor heat up. The latter means your right hand is opening up to new more vibrant states... in time this will make you a better healer (that is what you think right?).
Old 29-04-2016, 01:30 AM
Experiencer
I'm not certain why it would be, Innerlight. Usually when I hear of healers' hand strengths it's their dominant hand that is more sensitive. It could indeed be that your right hand is more open, and it cold also be what Melahin said in that your right hand is opening up and so would have a more noticeable response to the energy.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 29-04-2016, 02:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
The optimal state for the giver is to neither grow cold nor heat up. The latter means your right hand is opening up to new more vibrant states... in time this will make you a better healer (that is what you think right?).

I don't know for sure what it should or shouldn't do. It was just an observation I had made. And am trying to see if the warming up is a sign of healing energy, or something else. And why the other hand does not seem to portray the same sensations. Perhaps it is the right is catching up. Though the right has always been that way. I just never really paid it much mind in the past.
Old 29-04-2016, 09:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I have noticed with my Reiki that my right hand gets really warm during treatments, yet my left hand does not. Which makes me wonder then, is my left hand chakra not open? Or is this common for others? Is it a giving vs receiving thing. One hand is one the other is the other. Is the left, even though it's not warm like the right, still send/giving out energy?

Curiously curious.

Are you open to receiving in your own life for you?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 01-05-2016, 12:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I don't know for sure what it should or shouldn't do. It was just an observation I had made. And am trying to see if the warming up is a sign of healing energy, or something else. And why the other hand does not seem to portray the same sensations. Perhaps it is the right is catching up. Though the right has always been that way. I just never really paid it much mind in the past.

Catching up or not? maybe checking your palms to see how active they are might be a good idea. You might also want to check the energy centers at your wrist to see how energetic they are. In the end, no matter what part of your body you use, they should radiate the same energy level... heating up only means part of your body needs the energy that runs through you. Why it needs it is something that might lie in the sensation you experience.