Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-04-2011, 02:17 PM
yinepu

What book Inspired You on your Journey to spirituality

Hi Guys , ive been inspired by anothers post to add this thread.

I havnt read a truly inspiring book on spirituality, the afterlife, mediumship ect in quite some time, I would LOVE to hear from you with anybook you feel inspired by.

Could you also give a brief description of book and maybe if you like WHY it was so inspiring ?

Thanks
Old 13-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Suspended
"The Power of Now" & "Putting on the Mind of Christ"... both inspired me to resonate deeper... especially with interpreting scriptures.
They helped me learn new perspectives of my life-time religion, which I was questioning & gave me somewhat of a spiritual map.

I also LOVE to read about Near-death experiences - I find them so spiritual & comforting.

The bible, especially the 4 gospels in the New Testament, still greatly inspires me!
Like Buddha said (paraphrasing)... we need to stick with our religious roots - because that's how we resonate best.
I don't take the biblical writings literally, like I did before. I see them as spiritual lessons - parables to apply to my life.
The bible, a book I grew up with, now has become a treasure chest of new discoveries! New ways of looking at child-hood teachings!

Oops - that's more than 1 book... Well, take your pick. ;)
Old 13-04-2011, 02:40 PM
yinepu

Thanks perspective, you know i wasnt bought up religious and im really not happy with the bible, but i know it must have positive teachings in it , my children are in a private christian school, so i am having to balance them with spirituality =god loves all and no he is not going to put mud in your eyes(my 4 year old told me the other day, not sure what story thats about but anyway hehe).

so i respect that it holds something special to you, and hope the positive things my daughters will also keep with them.

Thanks
Old 13-04-2011, 03:35 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinepu
Hi Guys , ive been inspired by anothers post to add this thread.

I havnt read a truly inspiring book on spirituality, the afterlife, mediumship ect in quite some time, I would LOVE to hear from you with anybook you feel inspired by.

Could you also give a brief description of book and maybe if you like WHY it was so inspiring ?

Thanks

I've read numerous books.

The Silver Birch teaching compilations cover huge amounts of situations. Many others give similar information but often less eloquently.

Beyond these, 'Soul Trek' by Julie Gale expands on why and how we're here, adding to the information from those I mentioned earlier in the above paragraph.
Old 13-04-2011, 03:46 PM
bbr

My mother gave me a copy of Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet when I was a Led Zeppelin-listening 15 year-old back in 1970. Instantly related to everything in that entire book. One example: I told my friends one day that I would never have children in my life. What did I read in Gibran's book just months later? "Your children are not your children; They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself."

Funny note about the circle of life: I phone my mother every day and play Scrabble with her online. And while we play, she often listens to Robert Plant and Alison Krauss' Raising Sand ... the same Robert Plant who sang with Led Zeppelin and who my parents used to yell at me to "Turn down that music!"

Last edited by bbr : 13-04-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 13-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Conscious Union with God and Praticing the Presence - by Joel S. Goldsmith
(self explanitory)

Superbeings by John Randolph Price - explaining who we are and/or who we can become - who we are becoming.

The Door of Everything by Ruby Nelson, '63
Also self explanitory

Just a few.

Any of the New Thought writers.
You can google simply New Thought and find them.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Master
Many good books come to mind but the first and most influential is Light of the Kensei by G. Bluestone.

I like it because it is very short, yet contains every single lesson that I have ever found in ANY other book or teaching. It is just a hundred or so pages with a short paragraph or two on each page. It is not simple, in fact the messages are very eastern in nature and require that you really think about them, which I like. I got the book when I was a teenager and have read it continuously ever since.

Other books that I really liked:

The Tao of Pooh
The Tao Te Ching
The Tao of Physics
The Elegant Universe
Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Old 13-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Enya

Just about anything by Richard Bach.
Old 13-04-2011, 10:07 PM
unus supra

Godless by Ann Coulter.

not spiritual at all hahah, but that was the trigger mechanism.
Old 13-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Master
For me, the biggest is the Book of Earth. It's not actually a "book book." It's a series of channeled messages from Creator/Elohim/God/Source. The user Sira introduced it to the forums.. and it turns out I resonated with everything in that "book." It's online for all to read here: http://www.luxonia.com/stories/56-the-book-of-earth

I also enjoy The New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. Taught me a lot about the ego.

But as far as spirituality goes, the Book of Earth is basically my "bible."