Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Knower

Language Journey

One of my foremost interests in life has always been the world: travel, other countries, and languages. I had always made excuses for not taking the initiative to learn another language. I finally forced myself to do this in December, by embarking upon a self-study of Spanish. It is going extremely well, but there have been bumps in the road and moments at which I have doubted myself and my ability to actually learn another language, which is a difficult feat for some. I realize that one of the purposes of this journey is for me to overcome my fear of failure. Aside from my spiritual awakening, which began last summer, and now my language journey; I had nothing done much of anything with my life that was productive or satisfying.

The reason I am posting this thread, more so than anything, is because I wanted to share with you the supernatural nature of my learning. Unlike most people, who naturally approach a task such as this in a non-spiritual fashion, I now view everything through the prism of spirituality and personal growth. As such, I ask for assistance constantly along my way.

Yesterday evening was truly remarkable. I create word banks, with an English word on one side and a Spanish word on the other. I essentially was able to look at lists of hundreds of words one time and recall them with complete accuracy, unlike anything previous. This ability seemed to have been switched on during a ten-minute break from studying, before which I was mightily struggling. I felt absolutely invincible. Above all, one thing that this process is teaching me is that I do not accomplish anything. I have no talents. It is all a product of God. I do nothing without assistance from God. If I seemingly have an innate ability to memorize things, that gift comes from God and has nothing to do with me. As a former severe narcissist, I have been greatly blessed to have been shown humility.

The other thing that I wanted to mention is something that occurs not really during meditation per se, but rather during a deeply relaxed prayer state, near sleep (I often drift off). I often have memories, once I come out of the visions, of having been memorizing words, as I would in real life. I have memories of having been shown a word with the corresponding definition - words I have never previously. I have had visions in which I have had complete understanding of a particular word in Spanish, and repeated it to myself in the vision, but upon returning to consciousness, the word was meaningless.

Thanks for listening!