Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-06-2020, 01:48 AM
Master

immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starjumper7
To be a god one must first become an immortal, like an ascended master (sounds like *** ended master). Then the missing ingredient is popularity. Some immortals are higher than, and can not even be seen by, gods, because they reject popularity.
Mortals become immortal (in spiritual sense) only through their deeds.

Also popularity is definitely important. Here I would like to distinguish between popularity through commercial advertisements n popularity by word of mouth
Old 22-06-2020, 03:59 PM
Master

I'm of a different thought.

I have seen true evil in a person in my life and quite honestly I want nothing to do with the dark side.

That's not to say I am all light. I am human while in this body and subject to it's frailties. I accept that for now. But there will come a time when this old body gives out and I can then focus on enlightenment. I'm not looking for enlightenment in this lifetime. No godhood. This is a life of extreme learning lessons and I keep my nose to the grindstone doing diligence to what comes my way. I want to learn everything I came to learn and then more. I believe I am in the more stage right now.

When I look at gods that already exist, I see light ones and dark ones. Ones that bring enlightenment, understanding and love and those who bring bondage, conditional acceptance and destruction.

I think at some point when enough learning has been achieved the soul makes a decision to follow the light or to follow the darkness. I don't see this dual stuff. I look at the Jewish interpretation of their God and I see a god that gets really ****ed-off. That never set well with me. How could a god that created all of this and us (again, their interpretation) have temper tantrums?

I've been visited by beings of light and they brought me enlightenment, comfort when I needed it and understanding. There was even a time when I was a little girl that I was given the choice to end this life and get out of the whole situation I was in. It was my choice. I must have been 5 at the time. Maybe 6.
Old 22-06-2020, 04:02 PM
Master

So those not ascending are in the (learning) cycle of reincarnation, correct.
Old 22-06-2020, 04:03 PM
Master

If you are talking to me, I'd say they go hand in hand. We all learn differently.
Old 22-06-2020, 04:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I'm of a different thought.

I have seen true evil in a person in my life and quite honestly I want nothing to do with the dark side.

That's not to say I am all light. I am human while in this body and subject to it's frailties. I accept that for now. But there will come a time when this old body gives out and I can then focus on enlightenment. I'm not looking for enlightenment in this lifetime. No godhood. This is a life of extreme learning lessons and I keep my nose to the grindstone doing diligence to what comes my way. I want to learn everything I came to learn and then more. I believe I am in the more stage right now.

When I look at gods that already exist, I see light ones and dark ones. Ones that bring enlightenment, understanding and love and those who bring bondage, conditional acceptance and destruction.

I think at some point when enough learning has been achieved the soul makes a decision to follow the light or to follow the darkness. I don't see this dual stuff. I look at the Jewish interpretation of their God and I see a god that gets really ****ed-off. That never set well with me. How could a god that created all of this and us (again, their interpretation) have temper tantrums?

I've been visited by beings of light and they brought me enlightenment, comfort when I needed it and understanding. There was even a time when I was a little girl that I was given the choice to end this life and get out of the whole situation I was in. It was my choice. I must have been 5 at the time. Maybe 6.

I don't believe that anyone is just one thing, we are a mixture of attributes and duality is in our nature. I'm not saying, that people should start acting out their dark sides, only that one should acknowledge and accept inner demons and realize, that they are a necessary part of our existence and fighting against them is futile. One should embrace their dark, destructive side and utilize it wisely, when the situation warrants it. Being all love and light is just not realistic and is a misunderstanding of the fundamental nature of the universe and human nature in general.
Old 22-06-2020, 04:39 PM
ImthatIm

The aspect of a tree with it's roots drawing nutrients
from the darkness of Earth and branching out reaching
toward the sky and Light is fitting to ponder.

They seem to be content rooted yet reaching in balance.
Old 22-06-2020, 04:49 PM
Master

Quote:
If you are talking to me, I'd say they go hand in hand. We all learn differently.
Sorry, I was posing a general question in terms of and about ascension, becoming. I agree with you, it's learning. Learning about deeds to and I thought this might have been missed merely not included in the conversation. We would learn to ascend!

For instance, the idea ascension is "only" about deeds is too open ended. What if it involved bad deeds, so they become immortal in this sense forever. Being immortal based on deeds in a single life time? Can any get it right the first time? What was neglected imo was reincarnation and should also have been mentioned but is it considered non essential, or unimportant, or too familiar to not even mention. This may be why there are so many reincarnated in the numbers we see. Probably 0 ascension for a few thousand years in terms of reincarnation.

Post 13 spoke about values which was imo very insightful. It is a word that compliments other words, attachment, desire, action. Why do we do the things we do because there is value. There is negative value, positive value. As far as deeds what is valued is in deeds we do. In bad deeds for instance there is that which is valued when value determines what we do. People know when they do something they know is wrong but do it anyway, the reason behind or why something is done. Value is a new way of looking at it, value is attachments or desires, what we want and we must go through.

Absolutely we all learn differently, and we value differently. The value is the reason we do things. I would not associate either with the dark side as this is their path.
Old 22-06-2020, 05:27 PM
Master

immortal by good deeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Sorry, I was posing a general question in terms of and about ascension, becoming. I agree with you, it's learning. Learning about deeds to and I thought this might have been missed merely not included in the conversation. We would learn to ascend!

For instance, the idea ascension is "only" about deeds is too open ended. What if it involved bad deeds, so they become immortal in this sense forever. Being immortal based on deeds in a single life time? Can any get it right the first time? What was neglected imo was reincarnation and should also have been mentioned but is it considered non essential, or unimportant, or too familiar to not even mention. This may be why there are so many reincarnated in the numbers we see. Probably 0 ascension for a few thousand years in terms of reincarnation.

By deeds I mean good deeds . By ordinary deeds not even our own children remember us , forget to speak of others . The people whom we call God / Sage / Saints / greats etc they become immortal (spiritually ) by their great deeds . Otherwise there is simply no difference in us and them (because they too came in flesh and had to accept all the vagaries and limitations of flesh just like us) .

Last edited by HITESH SHAH : 22-06-2020 at 07:35 PM.
Old 22-06-2020, 07:26 PM
Master

This life (speaking of me) has been really tough. No play time.

The deal I made before this incarnation was that this was my last. It was agreed upon. Thus all the work I have put into learning what I came here to learn. I don't call them deeds. To me deeds are goals you set and then accomplish. I am not in control of the lessons that are given to me. The feats I have overcome.

Understanding everything I encounter are all part of my life plan. Not feeling self pity or becoming angry or bitter. Lol, I thought as I got older the lessons would become less frequent, but the opposite has happened.

After this incarnation of work, I want to wiggle my toes in the sand at the beach, go swimming, enjoy a picnic with friends, take a trip around the world, and visit the food court...uh ...repeatedly. I need a vacation before I commit myself to the next phase in my spiritual growth.

I don't want to ascend or become a god yet. BORing. I want to just enjoy not being in school.
Old 24-06-2020, 09:25 PM
Master
Quote:
I don't want to ascend or become a god yet. BORing. I want to just enjoy not being in school.
Gotto 'pass' 'em pesky soul-tests first - better learn to enjoy being-n-doing 'god'ly stuff 'in' school - no other way than making rock candy as far as I know.