Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-06-2020, 07:35 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuire
How is the spirituality of an old soul different to that of other souls?
I'm not sure I ever saw a swallow around here, outside the city I have. There are pigeons and sparrows and crows and a couple of river seagulls here though. What does being drawn to birds tell me?

As for the soul group, I've probably met a couple of them already. What I meant was people from my past lives significant for my spiritual path. The people I've encountered after the awakening are a bit different from the people I was meeting before the awakening. They seem more aligned with my own path.

The depression is no longer that big of an issue, but it used to be before the awakening. I don't really know the difference between the dark night of the soul and depression, and whether I had one or the other, or both. But it seems to be clearing out as time goes by, it's no longer a permanent state but more of an occassional phase. Could your wife's daughter be in a dark night of the soul phase? I hope she gets better. :)
Old Souls have never really integrated into the plane of existence and are far less materialistic than most. For them it's less about knowledge and u8nderstanding ideologies and theologies. Spirituality for them is who they are.

Swallows don't seem to like the big city so much, less food I guess and less places to build nests. They can't fly from the ground so they won't feed in the way other birds peck at what passers-by leave in streets and parks. Crows especially often adapt to the city after being driven out of their natural habitats, and their behaviours are slightly different to those of crows in their natural habitat. Seagulls are adapting too in the same way. So what does your being drawn to birds tell you?

It's all a Spiritual Path - what you would call your Spiritual Path is not your Spiritual Path though. The people around you are the ones who have compatible frequencies as yours - like attracts like and all that.

Good news about the depression though, at least if it only comes in bouts it's a little more bearable. Maybe in time it'll finally recede completely and you won't have to experience it again. Sometimes having something else to think about or look forward to other than your woes can make a huge difference.

Dark Night of the Soul is very different, and no my wife's daughter's depression has nothing to do with DNotS. It began after seeing her father die a gruesome death at home, that triggered a cognitive dysfunction in her brain that makes her more depressive. She's in a spiral that she doesn't want to get out of.
Old 21-06-2020, 01:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
She's in a spiral that she doesn't want to get out of.
It strikes me that the 'power' ('strength? stamina?) of the Life-Force does seem to be weaker (more passive?) in some than in others. This may be physiological, albeit not 'accidental' since I quasi-remember reading about a case study, I think it was in Memories of the Afterlife: Life-Between-Lives Stories of Personal Transformation (edited by Micheal Newton) in which a client reported choosing/agreeing to reincarnate in a body with a low/weak energy level in order so as to deal with Life-issues without falling into the same patterns as in a previous life where he had been excessively aggressive, hence unconscionably violent, in relation to others.

Personal journeys are 'Mysteries' indeed!
Old 22-06-2020, 07:43 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
It strikes me that the 'power' ('strength? stamina?) of the Life-Force does seem to be weaker (more passive?) in some than in others. This may be physiological, albeit not 'accidental' since I quasi-remember reading about a case study, I think it was in Memories of the Afterlife: Life-Between-Lives Stories of Personal Transformation (edited by Micheal Newton) in which a client reported choosing/agreeing to reincarnate in a body with a low/weak energy level in order so as to deal with Life-issues without falling into the same patterns as in a previous life where he had been excessively aggressive, hence unconscionably violent, in relation to others.

Personal journeys are 'Mysteries' indeed!
That seems to be a pretty common theme. I watched the YouTube account of a Natalie Sudman, who had gone into a coma after being in a jeep with troops that hit an IED. In her account she detailed the discussion she had with a guide and how the guide offered her the choice of what would or wouldn't heal, and the subsequent experiences she would have because of them. I know from my own..... explorations if you like that there are 'themes' that carry through from one Life to the next, or things that we feel we need to do.

If you know the right question the personal Journey becomes the seeing the extraodinary in the ordinary.
Old 22-06-2020, 03:10 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
No, I found the 'orientation' provided by these and other books (among others) enough for me to find my 'own' way, as stated above. I probably would have sought out a regression therapist (many are listed at the Newton Institute website) if I had a 'nut' I found I couldn't 'crack'.

What do you mean by your way? Does it mean you were able to remember your past lives without a regression or that you don't find it necessary for your spiritual path to remember them?
Old 22-06-2020, 03:19 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Old Souls have never really integrated into the plane of existence and are far less materialistic than most. For them it's less about knowledge and u8nderstanding ideologies and theologies. Spirituality for them is who they are.

Swallows don't seem to like the big city so much, less food I guess and less places to build nests. They can't fly from the ground so they won't feed in the way other birds peck at what passers-by leave in streets and parks. Crows especially often adapt to the city after being driven out of their natural habitats, and their behaviours are slightly different to those of crows in their natural habitat. Seagulls are adapting too in the same way. So what does your being drawn to birds tell you?

It's all a Spiritual Path - what you would call your Spiritual Path is not your Spiritual Path though. The people around you are the ones who have compatible frequencies as yours - like attracts like and all that.

Good news about the depression though, at least if it only comes in bouts it's a little more bearable. Maybe in time it'll finally recede completely and you won't have to experience it again. Sometimes having something else to think about or look forward to other than your woes can make a huge difference.

Dark Night of the Soul is very different, and no my wife's daughter's depression has nothing to do with DNotS. It began after seeing her father die a gruesome death at home, that triggered a cognitive dysfunction in her brain that makes her more depressive. She's in a spiral that she doesn't want to get out of.

I don't know what does being drawn to birds tell me. Are they some kind of spiritual messengers? They symbolize freedom of soul, I suppose. It might be a subconscious desire to live in higher realms and be free of 3D reality.

I agree like attracts like, and I've attracted some weird folk in the past , but it's probably because I had some of that weirdness in me too. Perhaps it all seems more significant now because, unlike before, I'm now aware of what is happening, and that all the people that enter my life have entered it for a reason.

For depression: yeah, it's more like a background noise now, so it's bearable. I agree about having something to look forward, without some kind of a goal/purpose (even a minor one), I easily slip back into depression. As for your wife's daughter, well that seems like a hard thing to be dealing with, it's not that surprising she is not in a good place. I doubt most people would be..Guess it takes time.
Old 22-06-2020, 03:39 PM
Master
Quote:
What do you mean by your way? Does it mean you were able to remember your past lives without a regression or that you don't find it necessary for your spiritual path to remember them?
The latter. Though I have thoughtfully imagined (guessed at) what my past life/lives must have been (or at least probably were) like in order to makes sense of and better navigate the e-motion-al 'issues' I have encountered, hence puzzle-problems I needed to re-solve, in this one.

Stand-out and repeating-theme 'dreams' have also provided significant 'clues' in this regard.

"My way" just referencing navigational issues pertinent to the current configuration (i.e. the mind-and-spirit soul-constellation) of my Being, of course.
Old 23-06-2020, 06:49 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I don't know what does being drawn to birds tell me. Are they some kind of spiritual messengers? They symbolize freedom of soul, I suppose. It might be a subconscious desire to live in higher realms and be free of 3D reality.

I agree like attracts like, and I've attracted some weird folk in the past , but it's probably because I had some of that weirdness in me too. Perhaps it all seems more significant now because, unlike before, I'm now aware of what is happening, and that all the people that enter my life have entered it for a reason.

For depression: yeah, it's more like a background noise now, so it's bearable. I agree about having something to look forward, without some kind of a goal/purpose (even a minor one), I easily slip back into depression. As for your wife's daughter, well that seems like a hard thing to be dealing with, it's not that surprising she is not in a good place. I doubt most people would be..Guess it takes time.
If that's what birds mean to you then that's what birds mean to you, nothing more complicated than that. And what you do with that information is up to you, but at least you have that little nugget.

Everybody comes into your Life for a reason, and whether or not you act on it is up to you. The awareness in itself makes a difference because it expands your consciousness a little, and you can use that in a more interactive way.

Yeah you do seem a little easier than when you wrote the OP so that's a good sign. Sometime goals are unreachable and unrealistic anyway, and setting achievable ones take some thought. And then what do you do when they're not achieved? Just having something out there in the distance makes the Journey a little better, even if it's only to get through the day in one piece. It takes a little practice, but when you become more interactive with depression the brain automatically adjusts, and that in itself can help because you're doing something to counteract it - double whammy.
Old 27-06-2020, 09:34 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
The latter. Though I have thoughtfully imagined (guessed at) what my past life/lives must have been (or at least probably were) like in order to makes sense of and better navigate the e-motion-al 'issues' I have encountered, hence puzzle-problems I needed to re-solve, in this one.

Could you explain this a bit further? Do you mean that you take e.g. some irrational phobia or talent or affinity that you have and then try to think of a scenario from a previous life that could potentially explain it? Is it imagining or remembering?
Old 27-06-2020, 10:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Could you explain this a bit further? Do you mean that you take e.g. some irrational phobia or talent or affinity that you have and then try to think of a scenario from a previous life that could potentially explain it? Is it imagining or remembering?
Imagining vs. remembering doesn't matter (practically speaking), IMO. There's no telling if what one remembers is accurate or just imaginatively constructed post facto in any case. Whatever gives one a 'handle' on what one is 'facing' is worth experimentally 'working' with, IMO.

In my case, for (one) example, having (as a teenager) had vivid movie-script-like 'dreams' of 'shooting' 'enemy' soldiers coming over a ridge only to have them multiply from one to two and then four, etc. until I realized I was going to be 'overwhelmed', I figured that that kind of (failing!) strategy must have been a characteristic of mine in a previous life. In this life, using "What you resist persists!" (LOA) as a working hypothesis, I freed myself of thinking/feeling I could 'get rid' of things I didn't like by willfully 'eliminating' them. Not that I gave up being 'combative' as I'm sure you have seen. Just that I became more functionally creative (i.e. savvy) in dealing with what I 'saw' as being personally 'oppositional' and.or 'frustrating'.

I hope this 'answers' your Q satisfactorily. Please feel free to P.M. me if you would like to confidentially run some "some irrational phobia or talent or affinity that you have," Intuire, and I'll (also confidentially) share whatever ideas come to (my) mind as possibly being 'problem solving' in said regard. I have a background as a therapist and spiritual counselor/coach. No pressure to think, feel or do like 'me' - just (possibly) a way of your getting 'leads' in relation to your present situation which you might (or might not ) find worthwhile exploring.
Old 27-06-2020, 10:02 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
If that's what birds mean to you then that's what birds mean to you, nothing more complicated than that. And what you do with that information is up to you, but at least you have that little nugget.

Everybody comes into your Life for a reason, and whether or not you act on it is up to you. The awareness in itself makes a difference because it expands your consciousness a little, and you can use that in a more interactive way.

Yeah you do seem a little easier than when you wrote the OP so that's a good sign. Sometime goals are unreachable and unrealistic anyway, and setting achievable ones take some thought. And then what do you do when they're not achieved? Just having something out there in the distance makes the Journey a little better, even if it's only to get through the day in one piece. It takes a little practice, but when you become more interactive with depression the brain automatically adjusts, and that in itself can help because you're doing something to counteract it - double whammy.

I do enjoy observing birds, but I am not sure if I fully relate to them yet. Whenever I think of myself in terms of 'spirit animal' or 'animal totem' (not sure how to call it), I imagine a horse, or maybe a winged horse, but still on the ground. Or in between the ground and the sky.

The having a goal part confuses me still, the old me needed to have one in sight to prevent myself from becoming depressed (and yes, whenever I'd fail to achieve them, it'd lead to depression too), but I'm not sure how it all now fits into ascension and living in the here and now. I still have ambition, not in terms of wanting fortune, fame, etc, but more in terms of being good at what I do, and wanting to improve. Is this still ego? And is there a reason my awakening/ascension happened in my late twenties and not at some other time? Should that tell me something about my life path?