Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-07-2019, 11:05 PM
Master
From something I wrote:
Though self-gratifying physiological and social support systems as well as imaginative projections which lead people to hope and emotionally anticipate that they will, even if not right away, at least experience relief, ease, fulfillment, happiness, etc. in the future may indeed be Love and Joy sustaining up to a point, the fact remains that soulfully encountering and experiencing the kinds of ‘troubles’ that are, in the final analysis, inescapable aspects of being ensconced ‘in’ a physically limited, temporally transient personal body that is subject to frustration, pain, loss, ego‑defeat, death, etc. is necessary for the kind of selftranscendental ‘i’dentity expansion and psychospiritual growth spoken of in this chapter to be situationally ‘called’ for and stimulated to ‘come’ forth.* A soul’s capacity for psychospiritual fortitude and interpersonal empathy (stemming from cognition and appreciation of the ubiquitousness and transcendency of the Presence and Power of Life Itself), for instance, would never develop otherwise; albeit these are just a couple of a whole host of psychospiritual awareness and adeptitude based capabilities which must be conscientiously directed and devotionally deployed in service of Life Itself for a nodal soul to transcendentally e‧merge from the ‘womb’ of its embryonic other-dependency and infantile selfishness (note: I use the word 'must' here only to state what is functionally necessary for such outcome, not to assert any kind of moralistic ‘should’ in this completely free-choice regard.)

[Footnote*: Here’s a ‘fable’ worth contemplating in the above regard: 'God' ‘gives’ people every (kind of) thing they could possibly love and enjoy or imagine loving and enjoying and then, one by one, takes these away from them and/or places the possibility of their ‘having’ them (again, in the former case) out of reach, such that all they are then left with (that is, should they then choose to themselves be and continue so) is the Love and Joy they were thereby soulfully introduced to, which Love and Joy is Life Itself!'

From Marcel Proust:

Some more from what I wrote:
This of course (as previously cautioned) requires that one not become smugly self-assured, by way of thinking and feeling that what(ever) one presently believes encapsulates the totality of the truth in said (or, for that matter, any other) regard, but rather that one tolerate and embrace the kind of uncertainty that accompanies awareness of the fact that there may well be more for one to learn and know and consequently do (or know and do ‘better’!), and hence that one always continue to open‑mind-n-heart-edly consider, evaluate and garner wisdom from what may – based on my own experience, I say will! – in retrospect be seen as having been ‘errors’ of omission and/or commission stemming from one’s not having been completely aware of the relevance of dynamically operational situational factors, which process of learning and development of greater awareness and adeptitude will only continue (over the course of one’s incarnational involvement) if one doesn’t sabotage its potential ever-ongoingness by presumptuously concluding that there is nothing ‘more’ for one to know or that there is no ‘better’ way for one to proceed in order to fully become and completely be self-transcendentally, i.e. holistically, Cosmic‑Spirit aligned. It is only by virtue of proceeding humbly in said regard that further experience of incarnational embodiment (wherein the exigencies of personal limitation and corollary experiences of frustration, pain, loss, etc. associated with selfhood serve as ‘task-masters’ and so, in effect, as ‘teachers’ of selftranscendence) are eventually rendered passé.
Old 16-07-2019, 07:46 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illdieformycat
I’d say we’re here in order to evolve and get in touch with our higher selves. Like why do we have akashic records? Why can we tap into parts of our brains that basically gets us closer to our HS? Why are there psychedelic drugs on this planet that grows naturally? It’s all in order for us to evolve into our highest self and to remember.
Sit yourself down quietly, light a candle and play some music if you like. Take a four-breath and ask yourself one simple question.
"How different would this Universe be if I had never existed in the first place?"
Old 16-07-2019, 08:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Sit yourself down quietly, light a candle and play some music if you like. Take a four-breath and ask yourself one simple question.
"How different would this Universe be if I had never existed in the first place?"

Yes, of course, your simple question can be called 'getting down to brass tacks'. Your universe only exists because you are in it - just as, for instance, the Big Bang could only have happened if it had been observed.

Being in life is like being in an orchestra, only when the right vibrations begin do the actions turn into music and out of nothingness comes life.
Old 16-07-2019, 07:06 PM
Master
We are all playing a game...

We're probably only truly, ultimately, and truthfully 'here' because we thirst for more games, and yet deep down we also yearn for unity and divinity. But we get caught up in the mess, playing 'the game' of being a 'somebody' with desires, attachments, wanting a name for ourselves. I honestly think most of human activity is rubbish and has no meaning once we die. It's hard for many to live spiritually in this world, especially in the modern world.

We are here because we are basically a bunch of fools chasing games ad infinitum..
Many modern spiritual beliefs would say that ''the soul is evolving'' but that is not what I find to be true. Our spiritual nature is already perfect and does not need to learn or grow into anything. It is the temporary identity that plays games and clings to what it has achieved and what it is capable of. The Spiritual Journey therefore is not about ''evolving'' but ''returning'' and ''going back''..

Old 16-07-2019, 07:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
We are all playing a game...

We're probably only truly, ultimately, and truthfully 'here' because we thirst for more games, and yet deep down we also yearn for unity and divinity. But we get caught up in the mess, playing 'the game' of being a 'somebody' with desires, attachments, wanting a name for ourselves. I honestly think most of human activity is rubbish and has no meaning once we die. It's hard for many to live spiritually in this world, especially in the modern world.

We are here because we are basically a bunch of fools chasing games ad infinitum..
Many modern spiritual beliefs would say that ''the soul is evolving'' but that is not what I find to be true. Our spiritual nature is already perfect and does not need to learn or grow into anything. It is the temporary identity that plays games and clings to what it has achieved and what it is capable of. The Spiritual Journey therefore is not about ''evolving'' but ''returning'' and ''going back''..
Ahhh - the 'Ship of Fools' hypothesis!
Old 16-07-2019, 07:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Ahhh ... the 'I' am important (or unimportant, as the case may be - either way being the central point of) reference - of course.
Old 16-07-2019, 07:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Your universe only exists because you are in it ...
Sounds like "Me, me, me, me, meee!"
Old 16-07-2019, 08:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Ahhh - the 'Ship of Fools' hypothesis!
Another hypothesis peeps may have fun playfully pondering (copied from http://personalityspirituality.net/a...-the-35-steps/ ):
"According to many spiritual teachers, all human beings are, in reality, spiritual beings on a human journey. We reincarnate as human beings in order to evolve as souls.

Our ultimate aim is to become fully conscious and capable as unique individual expressions of All That Is. It is a long journey, but that’s okay because the soul is eternal.

The soul’s journey is really a process of evolving. This means growing in consciousness, steadily progressing through different levels or stages of consciousness. How do we grow in consciousness? Through taking on challenging experiences in physical form. These cause us to make important, “soul-searching” choices and call upon us to discover our inner resources. But why in physical form? Why would a perfectly happy spiritual being decide to inhabit the physical realm with all of its limitations and difficulties? It is precisely so that we can experience the state of what feels like total separation from others and from the rest of reality. Only by going into this physically separated human form can we know ourselves as beings in our own right, and not just as … well … undifferentiated blobs of energy. Being physical throws our experiences and choices into extremely sharp relief in a way that is not possible otherwise. This is how we learn who we are and how to become all that we are. In other words: Choice and the ramifications of choice provide the essential lessons of life. In a very real sense, you choose to be here in order to make choices. ...Messages from Michael
A lot more on that page.
Old 17-07-2019, 11:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Sounds like "Me, me, me, me, meee!"

As I wrote 'your universe', 'me' wasn't mentioned.

It's a bit of a puzzle to me that if we have what we call a soul and this soul is eternal (giving us plenty of time apparently for 'higher' things) - and having read the Michael website it's rather strange that we (eternal beings)are all still wandering about on this planet.

We should have finished our journeys eons ago.

Taking a short cut I'd like to suggest that we are here (that was the original question) among other things because there is according to our condition nowhere else to be.
Old 17-07-2019, 12:26 PM
Master
Quote:
As I wrote 'your universe', 'me' wasn't mentioned.
The implication was that you thought the universe was 'yours' and that everyone else's universe was 'theirs' - the basic theme being 'me'-ness and 'mine'. The FACT however is that 'you', 'they' and 'we' are Its ex-press-ions and our lives are really It doing it's thang!

The Q of tnis thread would be better answered if one pondered it in terms of why is It, and what is It doing, here! Framing the Q in terms of why and what 'you' and other 'selves' are being-n-doing here is bound to result in 'your' coming up with a 'wrong' A (answer).

Quote:
Taking a short cut I'd like to suggest that we are here (that was the original question) among other things because there is according to our condition nowhere else to be.
As though 'your' and 'our' 'conditions' were the Prime Creator. This is the 'Satanic' 'I'm 'number One' premise.

"We 'should have' 'finished' our journey eons ago", implies 'supreme' power on your/our part(s) - instead of 'understanding' that you/we are each and all part of a much 'greater' Life-Flow process and choosing to embrace and augment and maximize That.

Ego-ego-ego-e-GO!