Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 09-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Lightful

The 2 realms of All

Good day All !

Here is my first topic in order to explain you the way I understand the All. This understanding took place through several years, after researching carefully into various traditions/philosophies/religions which were the ways of describing it, being also careful not to let any kind of "belief" alter my objectivity, making parallels with scientific facts without accepting any dogma, and also having some "mystical experiences" myself.

The main understanding, which underlies every other, is that of the existence of 2 realms, which are the following :

- the energetic realm, everything with a form, everything which is "inside" space and time, everything that is manifested, usually called "materiality"

- the non-energetic realm, every essence, information, things which are outside of space and time, the non-manifested, usually called "immateriality"

Everything which is manifested, exists in both realms. Some things only exist in the immaterial realm, and stay as such as "non manifested".

Immaterial things manifest themselves into the energetic realm through vibrations. Vibrations of Thought put into movement the various dimensions of the energetic realm.

Heavy matter like the one we experience with our senses, is condensated energy, but it's only the visible plane, there is also an invisible plane, which is still energetic, not to be confused with the immaterial realm (which by definition is also invisible, including for the Spirit, because it is formless; things in the invisible plane still have a form, even though we can't see it).

I have noticed that a lot of persons believe that _everything_ is energy. I think this is only a part of Existence, the immaterial realm contains everything which is Absolute or Divine, and also it contains our Being, which is outside space and time, our Thoughts are immaterial "things" when our Consciousness retrieves informations from vibrations emitted by the energetic realm and when this information meets our Understanding.

First of all, I'd like to discuss with you about those ideas, to see if you globally feel like it's a Good viewpoint. Please feel free to say exactly what you think, the Truth might reveal Itself if We build it through our Confidence and Sincerity.

With Love, Lightful
Old 09-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Master
The pagan model of cosmology has three realms - The Heavens, Middle Earth, and Underworld. The model is shown as a tree. The roots are in Underworld. Middle Earth is the trunk, and the Heavens are the branches and leaves.
Underworld is the Spirit Realm - ancestral and nature spirits. Think of this as the Subconscious. The [Celtic] pagan belief is that the Underworld is a place of rest and renewal under the care of the Dark aspects of the Lord and Lady to await rebirth.
Middle Earth - the realm of the physical. Our realm. The Conscious.
Heavens - realm of the Ascended. A realm that we strive to achieve even if momentarily. The highest level of Spirituality.

Portals or doorways to the Underworld are open to adepts to seek guidance from the Ancestors. This is known as "Striding the Hedge" or "Crossing the Veil".

Slightly different to your model but identical in the essentials.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Lightful

norseman, something seems weird in that pagan model you are exposing : how come that the Ancestors are supposedly in the underworld, shouldn't be Ascended ? Why would there be a portal to the underworld and not to the heavens ?

As I said though earlier, my aim is to dismiss any kind of belief. You brought the pagan model, which probably has similitudes, but it's only one model out of many, and I wouldn't want to focus on only one model in favor of others, but simple get the essence of each model to see if a global Truth can be applied, here the existence of 2 realms, and only those 2 (which then could be subdivided into planes).
Old 09-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Master
Ascension is a rare state - it is an aim, the important part of this is the striving. The Cycle of Life is Death, Renewal, Rebirth. Reincarnation is at the heart of this model.
True there are no portals to the Heavens but Underworld is relatively close to our own realm and portals have been a feature since the Neolithic and are part of Shamanic practice, and part of the practices of the modern equivalent - Cunning Folk and Hedge Witches. These portals are natural features in the landscape - places between places, and times between times. My own choice is the strand on the seashore between high and low tides.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Also called "natural" and "supernatural"....a rose is still a rose.

Good research.

No portal to Heaven or the heavens?...I have one...
It's in my head and heart...I mean literally...my Third Eye.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Neville

An insightful interesting post Lightful
Old 09-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Master
Miss H. - your Truth, like mine, is based on experience rather than research. My model or knowledge if you will, is based on 40 years of study in the field - actually moor and dale to be strictly correct
So, empirical or theoretical ? - the old argument.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Lightful

norseman : it seems to me that since those "realms" you exposed in paganism (underworld, middle earth and heavens) are "places" for beings, then they are all inside the energetic realm I described earlier. Especially because you see a separation between them (and portals "connecting" them), meaning they are not "in the same place".

The principle of those 2 realms I talked earlier, which are the energetic realm and immaterial realms, is that of "Unity", the fact that the Whole, the All, is in Harmony with Itself, because it is Perfect.

I would like to discuss with you of the existence of those 2 realms without involving any kind of belief, just objectively, do you think it's coherent that energetic things exists alongside non energetic things ? That's for me the first thing to validate among us, in order to keep on describing or exploring the All having agreed on a generic model.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
So, empirical or theoretical ? - the old argument.

I wonder if there is a middle ground.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Master
"energetic things exists alongside non energetic things"
Absolutely sensible and valid equation, Lightful. This can be shown in everyday life. Think of a physical magnet and it's surrounding non-physical field.