Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 09-01-2016, 05:57 AM
Suspended
Exorcist

Where or how do you find a exorcist?
Old 10-01-2016, 02:29 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesta
Where or how do you find a exorcist?

That depends. What country are you in and what's your religious affiliation?

If you're referring to Catholic exorcists, they're not easy to find. A Catholic bishop can perform an exorcism, but they tend to be hesitant to do so.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:24 AM
Suspended
I know.. Its so hard to find them.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:24 AM
Suspended
In in USA and christian.

Its probably impossible
Old 10-01-2016, 09:57 AM
Master

Developing inner strength can also aid a victim in conquering these kind of problems.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:20 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesta
In in USA and christian.

Its probably impossible

There are many different sects of Christianity. Some don't even have exorcists, insisting that Christians can't get possessed.

If I recall correctly, there are around 10 full-time Catholic exorcists in the US. However, the Catholics are reluctant to perform exorcisms. They require an investigation into the case, and they have to submit evidence of demonic possession to their superiors before an exorcism can be performed. Further, they require that the allegedly possessed person consult a medical doctor in order to rule out possible mundane explanations. I would start by asking a priest. While most priests aren't familiar with exorcisms, they might know who to contact or at least provide advice.

The evangelicals also have a form of exorcism called "deliverance," and their exorcists are called "deliverance ministers." I don't know much on their statistics or how to request a deliverance, but I would be cautious of these types of exorcisms. The few deliverance ministers I've talked to seemed to blame everything negative on demonic possession, even minor physical ailments.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Pathfinder

Your portrayal of the exorcist situation is succinctly very wise. As a retired UMC pastor and former religious studies professor, I have encountered wannabe exorcists who have done great harm by misdiagnosing mental illness and psychopathology as demonic possession. I am not Catholic, but have noted that Catholic caution in ruling out alternative explanations to possession has prevented psychological damage.

Real demonic possession is very rare. When it happens, both the victim and the wannabe exorcist can be in physical danger from the entity. The RC church has good training programs to alert their priests about what to do and say and what not to do and say.
Old 13-01-2016, 01:10 AM
Suspended
Who's portrayal?
Old 13-01-2016, 03:23 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricQuest
Real demonic possession is very rare. When it happens, both the victim and the wannabe exorcist can be in physical danger from the entity.

Right. I sometimes wonder if the wannabe exorcists ever run into real cases of demonic possession and how that plays out. But I imagine they're more likely to misdiagnose a mental illness.

I'm not Catholic either, but I admit that they're pretty cautious when it comes to things like exorcisms. They acknowledge the danger of it, considering that people have died during exorcisms (e.g. Anneliese Michel), which is probably why they only use it as a last resort.
Old 13-01-2016, 03:48 AM
Pathfinder

Let me illustrate the danger. My cousin E is a psychiatrist with a Pentecostal minister for a father (GT). When E was just 3, GT was called to perform an exorcism of a woman. During the exorcism, E was kept in the car with his mother (RT). Just after the exorcism succeeded, little E's eyes rolled up in his head so that only the whites were visible, and he started screaming. His alarmed parents prayed frantically for his deliverance all the way home. Finally, E stopped screaming and the entity was dislodged. All E now recalls of the incident is a vision of being safely cradled in a loving Jesus' arms. Evidently, the expelled entity sought to possess little E after it lost its lost.