Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 17-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Kaitscryer

Overlapping dimensions

What if there are many different dimensions. Maybe the Greek gods were actually here in our dimension, when our two dimensions overlapped. Then once the two dimensions pulled apart, the gods left with theirs. This would explain why there's no physical evidence that they were actually here. This theory could also work with the Loch Ness monster, of course our dimensions would overlap much more often than that of the Greek gods. The Loch Ness monsters dimension and ours could overlap every 5 or 6 year, and then pull apart after a day or two, whereas the Greek gods dimension and ours could overlap every ten thousand years, then pull apart after a few hundred years. This theory could work with many other creatures too. What are your thoughts on this?
Old 17-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Master
Kaitscryer--

Well, String Theory (or M Theory) suggests just that--that all these dimensions exist within inches of each other. Think of twisting and twisting a balloon until pockets of it go inside the balloon, and pockets inside those. The more "twisted" (i.e. more energy/Light/learning/experience we get, more energy we have), the higher vibrational that dimension. But they all exist in the same space.

In one way of thinking, the higher the vibrational ranges in a dimension, the "smaller" they get. So many higher dimensions could fit on the head of a pin! That's why spirits can only be seen sometimes, by some people, etc.--when our vibrations are high, theirs are low or the veil between is thin.

Anyway, I don't know why this couldn't exist for a species of "gods" (which would be logical for 3D humans to think).

Lora
Old 17-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Badger1777

That's an interesting notion. It seems to make sense. I'm already convinced of overlapping dimensions. I think of it like an infinitely thin piece of paper. Draw one picture on one side, and a different picture on the other side, and you will only see the picture on the side you face. Yet the paper is infinitely thin, so both pictures occupy the same space, but there is still an piece of paper between them, even if that paper is infinitely thin, so we usually don't see the picture on the side we're not facing. Well, not like that, but I think the analogy sort of works, a bit.

But sticking with my weak and lame analogy for a moment, some people might learn to cheat, and hold the infinitely thin paper up to the light, and then as the light shines through, you get to see the picture on the opposite side to where you are facing, at the same time as seeing the picture on the side facing you, so then you see both pictures blended together.

That bit I'd kind of suspected for a long time, but gods and creatures from mythology actually existing for real on the other side of the page, why not? Cool.
Old 18-07-2014, 11:25 PM
yumi14

Like Michio Kaku says, there could be dinosaurs running through your house at this very moment in another dimension.

It is very fascinating to think about
:)
Old 18-07-2014, 11:30 PM
elisi

i'm a big fan of kaku.

i too believe in different dimensions. that would certainly explain away a lot in my life. :)
Old 19-07-2014, 02:18 AM
OftheSun

My life experience has me tending towards the many dimensions ideas too.

I feel like there are many metaphysical planes as well, and that people are on all different ones. And lately I've been toying with the idea that "demons" are sometimes beings/spirits who jump from their plane to another to cause chaos.

Like to try to disrupt another plane or belief system, haunt it's followers and stuff like that.

Instead of trolling on internet sites...demons "troll" other metaphysical dimensions then watch the "fun".

And when I am talking about metaphysical dimensions, I think many of them are cocurrent, right here and we are seeing and interacting with the all the time, but often not realizing that yeah, we actually ARE living in different dimensions.
Old 22-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
Like Michio Kaku says, there could be dinosaurs running through your house at this very moment in another dimension.

It is very fascinating to think about
:)

The dinosaurs are still with us today, all around us. The smaller more adaptable ones that is. We call them "Birds".