Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 23-03-2012, 02:33 AM
MorningMist

[quote=Wisa'ka]...You may ask why some of us are so long winded.../QUOTE]

Not long winded at all, Wisa'ka. Stories need to be told.

There are always those who sit quietly in the background, with an ear and a heart to hear them.

MM
Old 23-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Master

I know a wonderful young woman. Her father was a full blooded Cherokee, but she has lived with her mom most of her life. And she has talents too. Now it seems that I will be the one learning her both about her talents AND her spiritual heritage as she has no contact with her father's relatives or with her tribe. How sad isn't that?
Old 23-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I know a wonderful young woman. Her father was a full blooded Cherokee, but she has lived with her mom most of her life. And she has talents too. Now it seems that I will be the one learning her both about her talents AND her spiritual heritage as she has no contact with her father's relatives or with her tribe. How sad isn't that?

Probably sad for her father as well, but I don't know their situation. Young, she is probably attempting to find her own way and one can never tell what lays around that next bend on a particular path.
Old 23-03-2012, 09:58 AM
MorningMist

Quote:

It was much the same with me; I was removed from my father's people at 7 years of age, moved far across an ocean to the bottom of the earth, and grew up being taught nothing about it. If anything, the attitude seemed to be one of 'we do not speak of it here', kind of thing, which I never understood.

'Things' and experiences began happening almost as soon we moved here; I was left with no one to turn to or talk with about them. Instead, I would be accused of having 'a wild imagination' and dismissed.

The girl you speak of is so fortunate to have you in her life, WhiteWarrior!

Hugs
MM
Old 23-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Master

Speaking of that, MM.... what are the odds of me ever finding a young aborigine woman here on the forum, you think? I sort of think I have a spiritual task to do, after a number of brushes with the Dreaming.
Old 23-03-2012, 10:26 AM
MorningMist

Quote:
Speaking of that, MM.... what are the odds of me ever finding a young aborigine woman here on the forum, you think? I sort of think I have a spiritual task to do, after a number of brushes with the Dreaming.

You've only to ask, though, if you're searching for a full blood, many (though not all) live in abject poverty in this country, discarded by elitist society, save for the few who like to be 'showy' about their 'good deeds' towards them. Australia, shamefully, still has a very long way to go.

Few have access to computers, much less online forums, but there will always be some who do.

My suggestion: Let your heart soar up with the eagles and call out to her from there.

Where there's a will, the way will always be revealed.

I wish you success.

Hugs
MM
Old 23-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningMist

You've only to ask, though, if you're searching for a full blood, many (though not all) live in abject poverty in this country, discarded by elitist society, save for the few who like to be 'showy' about their 'good deeds' towards them. Australia, shamefully, still has a very long way to go.

Few have access to computers, much less online forums, but there will always be some who do.

My suggestion: Let your heart soar up with the eagles and call out to her from there.

Where there's a will, the way will always be revealed.

I wish you success.

Hugs
MM

Is this what is known as a soul call? I have barely heard of such a thing before.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:46 AM
MorningMist

Quote:
Is this what is known as a soul call? I have barely heard of such a thing before.

I've not heard of that term before, but it seems to me the best way to find her.

Hugs
MM
Old 24-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Wisa'ka

Regardless, there is no common spirituality among the hundreds of American Indian tribes.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Wisa'ka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCLmT_M-qtk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CPxoSp58pE