Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 23-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Mrs Merrieweather

Question Teacher/Guru

At what point when/how did you determine when it was time to look for a teacher/Guru?
Old 24-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Suspended
I don't think there is a hard and fast rule.. When the time is right I think the right person will appear.
Old 24-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Experiencer

Does everyone have a guru or can that also be considered a spirit guide?
Old 24-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Experiencer
Life itself is the best teacher.
Spirit guides can teach a lot,yet they are part of Life,arent they?
And the call of the heart can lead us to most wondrous adventures.
Old 24-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Mrs Merrieweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoul
I don't think there is a hard and fast rule.. When the time is right I think the right person will appear.
Yes I do agree, been working on my own and taking classes/seminars and retreats. I have not yet met someone whom has struck me to ask. Been studying over 6 years, need to be patient, he/she will come.
Old 24-08-2014, 02:50 PM
Suspended

Hi Folks...

Not a cliche` - a very basic spiritual truth - "When the Student is ready,the Teacher appears"....This is truly Karma - our ability to create that which we desire..
Old 25-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Merrieweather
At what point when/how did you determine when it was time to look for a teacher/Guru?
Perhaps when you are not confuse.....awaken to emotion , perhaps you will realized all existence is your guru / teacher ...including the Coca-cola can
Old 27-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC-UK
Hi Folks...

Not a cliche` - a very basic spiritual truth - "When the Student is ready,the Teacher appears"....This is truly Karma - our ability to create that which we desire..

I have also heard that the guru is in you. I like that quote a lot.

Truth be told, when you are ready a guru/teacher will appear. There is a big, big difference of having a teacher/guru than not having one.

A guru allows you to expand without all of the issues associated with it. They help clear out the obstructions.

If you are looking for a serious guru based system I would recommend Dzogchen or mahamudra.
Old 27-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Mrs Merrieweather

Thank you for all of your suggestions
Old 28-08-2014, 01:36 AM
Mystica

These days, people buy a book or take a few classes and call themselves masters of Yoga. Whereas true Yoga, takes, oh, at least 10 years to master properly. These days people want to be or master something without working for it. Especially the young, they want everything pronto, right now. It takes decades of discipline to gain wisdom even if one is under tuition of a teacher or guru. A guru or teacher gave up his or her own life for the benefit of others and made a material sacrifice. And because he or she denounced everything, he or she will gain enlightenment as payment, and helping the student discovering lived wisdom. Unless one is willing to pay the same price the guru or teacher paid, a guru or teacher is probably needed.