Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-06-2012, 11:01 AM
n2mec

For me, as I learn to accept myself, so do I learn to accept others or so it goes. But make no mistake that in return may not be as rewarding.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Oh someones real!!! lol!!
Yeah its the Aussie in me. Say it how it is.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggi
Hmmm, in chat last night amy and pete were discussing ego to be the part that thinks we're perfect, therefore it was preventing development as the need to learn, correct or change anything was not necessary,,,

i would go partly with this, that being perfect is an egoic conceptual construct, formed probably to gain something that is believed to be noble or less painfull.

i would think that it prevents understanding of who you are as you have ideas about who/what you are and view through and according to that.

it comes over to me as the affirmation positive thinking game, which is a religion in its own right nearly, with it's concepts and beliefs.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 09-06-2012, 01:28 PM
amy green

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by necta3
i would go partly with this, that being perfect is an egoic conceptual construct, formed probably to gain something that is believed to be noble or less painfull.

i would think that it prevents understanding of who you are as you have ideas about who/what you are and view through and according to that.

it comes over to me as the affirmation positive thinking game, which is a religion in its own right nearly, with it's concepts and beliefs.

Yes necta - well observed. This is what I was trying to illuminate; for those who think they are perfect, any negative behaviour/actions perpetrated by them (observed by others - obviously not their perfect selves) would go unchecked. Not only unchecked but, because it is not addressed/rectified, likely to be repeated. To me this constitutes a blinkered and static, if not stagnant reality. I'm sorry to be so direct - can you disprove this, i.e. give examples?

Today I came to realise that myself and those who think they are perfect probably do not share the same definition of perfect. I'm using perfect in the conventional sense, i.e. without fault. Is it a new age phenomenon to incorporate faults within the notion of perfect? If so, it's certainly at best a dumbing down or - at worst - a total nonsense!

Old 09-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Master
When we are actually experiencing perfection as our true nature, there are no ideas or beliefs about perfect or imperfect.

You simply are...
silent mind, whole awareness, deep heart, and infinitely clear.

Xan

Old 09-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Master

Hi amy green,

offering this...

Transcendence is perfection.
Perfection is transcendence.
When we transcend our capacities,
Immediately we get an inner joy,
An inner thrill,
Which is another name for perfection.
No perfection can ever be achieved
Without self-transcendence.

- Sri Chinmoy

~ J
Old 09-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Master

An inner thrill,

- Sri Chinmoy

Perfect!

~ ~

Old 09-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Master
Perfection is not being,
for all being is in a state of becoming.
This does not mean that all being
is in a state of becoming perfect,
but in a state of becoming more itself.

~Seth-Jane Roberts~
Old 09-06-2012, 03:39 PM
amy green

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

An inner thrill,

- Sri Chinmoy

~ J

This is fine. I have no quibble with transcendence being perfection. I do question whether we are in this transcendent state all the time though.

For instance, as we go about our mundane/daily activities can we be in a transcendent state? I would have thought that we need to be grounded, i.e. to operate on a more appropriate, practical level. I understand that we can be in a transcendent state during meditation etc. but that is hardly a constant, on-going state is it?

Are we going to have a debate of there being various definitions (distortions?) of transcendence I wonder (sigh)? So much seems to come down to semantics.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:43 PM
amy green

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Perfection is not being,
for all being is in a state of becoming.
This does not mean that all being
is in a state of becoming perfect,
but in a state of becoming more itself.

~Seth-Jane Roberts~

This is about being authentic rather than being perfect! I'm all for being authentic (and regard being honest as liberating).