Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-04-2023, 10:41 PM
From what I gather reading maybe more NDEs than anyone I know ...
There is more love and compassion and understanding than you could imagine at this moment.
Whatever their mistakes, even taking their own life.
Oh my, the stories I have read from people who's attempted suicide didn't take - but they made it
to the Other Side and were sent back with so much love.

Not that I am suggesting this!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-04-2023, 03:23 AM
Experiencer
I would agree with Miss Hepburn. I recommend the book, Life Between Lives by Michael Newton. It will bring comfort to anyone who has any fear or anxiety about death.

As far as avoiding becoming a lingering soul after death, you can always try asking for departed loved ones or your angels or guides before you pass to come help you transition.
Old 14-04-2023, 03:54 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by calla lily
As far as avoiding becoming a lingering soul after death, you can always try asking for departed loved ones or your angels or guides before you pass to come help you transition.
I keep an open mind, but not sure if I believe in departed loved ones coming to greet me, nor angels, but I assume I could call out to Jesus Christ? I'm not saying that Christianity is the only way, but it is the spiritual module that I am comfortable and familiar with since I was raised a Christian.
Old 14-04-2023, 07:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman
I keep an open mind, but not sure if I believe in departed loved ones coming to greet me, nor angels, but I assume I could call out to Jesus Christ? I'm not saying that Christianity is the only way, but it is the spiritual module that I am comfortable and familiar with since I was raised a Christian.
Imagine if you had physically died some years ago and you had since adjusted to life in whichever astral realm, and you then learned that a beloved family member left behind on Earth was about to physically die. Would you not want to go and greet them? Would you not want to share something of what you had learned since your own arrival? Would you not want to help them get settled?

So it does not seem so strange that we might be met by family members who have previously passed. Although having said that, I would not want a load of people making a big fuss about me when I arrive.

And family members may come to greet us but they may not necessarily remain with us. By all accounts these various family members may all be on different levels depending on their development. So they return whence they came and we are left to adjust to the new phase of our existence.

Or conversely, if we have spent our life in spiritual pursuits while none of our family had any spiritual interest during their time on Earth, we may find ourselves on a higher plane than they are. There are many possibilities and we can only speculate.

Regarding calling out to Jesus Christ, this would surely be beneficial in attracting the attention of some higher Being. Whether or not this would actually be Jesus Christ is another question. I suspect that the Christ works on a much higher level and does not personally come to greet every new arrival. But that is a whole new area of discussion.

Peace
Old 05-05-2023, 08:30 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Hi Journeyman . Please please PLEASE do not believe those ridiculous TV shows . They are ALL fake.
And I cannot personally believe in "lost souls living in limbo "...but that's just my belief.
Yes I'm sure there is a level of "embellishment" in those shows, but I do know people who have experienced paranormal / ghosts, so what can explain that?
Old 06-05-2023, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Yes I'm sure there is a level of "embellishment" in those shows, but I do know people who
have experienced paranormal / ghosts, so what can explain that?
My take: (A possible way to look at it.) That each person has a 'journey'...and sometimes on that clear and straight Path ---
distractions may happen and detours occur.
Say, if a person is obsessed with something or someone they may not notice the proverbial Light beckoning them....and
get caught up in 'other earthly' things ...still!
From the many things I have read ---often they do not realize they have passed to the 'Other Side'.

Can you picture someone so obsessed with something ...they will not even listen to any advice....they pay NO attention to help?
So maybe, they have shut down to anything that takes them from their obsession?

A guess.
Commenting on loved ones greeting you...my understanding, also from reading many books on this for decades ...
is you receive what is comfortable and 'just right' for you when you pass over...:)
If you don't want loved ones there ---they won 't be. Simple.
If you just want Jesus or Krishna or your Guardian angel there ...you might just get that exact wish.
(However, I see it is different for a very bad person...they also get what is perfect for them...whatever that is.)

But you don't have to believe anything I've read. I do find no matter who wrote something or when ...they all do appear so similar!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-05-2023, 08:40 AM
Administrator
That is so true

Namaste
Old 06-05-2023, 10:21 AM
Master

I've been consistently practicing an anchored presence with my own soul. The more present I am each day with my own conciousness... the more anchored into my own soul with each breath, I personally believe, the easier it will be me to make my way between reality from this mortal life and back to source, soul self with awareness.

I am doing this as my dedicated practice because I lost many parts of my own essence and I have many memories of being a "lost soul". My intention is to become fully anchored in my own soul in my lifetime so that I may complete my cycles of "relinquishing" parts of myself to outside forces.
Old 06-05-2023, 11:31 AM
Knower
Journeyman,

The life within the body will return to it’s source, regardless of it’s actions whilst in physical form.

Let go of any preconceived notions you may have accumulated with regard to death, don’t try to work anything out, you’ll get caught up in all kinds of psychological knots.

Look inside for the truth of death, don’t depend on anything outside yourself.

Be simple. Be as authentic as possible, here and now.

Death is a part of life, and life is a great mystery, as it should be.
Old 07-05-2023, 06:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Yes I'm sure there is a level of "embellishment" in those shows, but I do know people who have experienced paranormal / ghosts, so what can explain that?
It depends what you class as "paranormal"...
My cheeky sister in spirit messes with my stuff in front of my eyes when there is only me in the house . I move something , then when I look again 10 seconds later it is moved into a different position.
It's just my sister letting me know she is around me.
She is a joker . She also plays with the dog . She makes him sit, beg, etc and don't even talk about Halloween . She makes sure we are frightened .... The dog knows she's there and we hear bangs and clangs but I KNOW it's her and I tell her "yeah, whatever, you're gonna have to do better than that " !!!!
The thing is, they are ALWAYS part of your life regardless whether they are here or "there" .
And they LOVE it when you know and acknowledge that fact .
It means so much to them that you know they are there and that you still feel their love .