Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 26-05-2024, 12:19 PM
Knower

Can anybody give opinions on this dream involving descending steps?

If anybody could shed light on this dream, I'd be grateful.

I was in a city here in England, a city I'm thinking of moving to, and I was very high up. In front of me a staircase descended to the city below, and I understood there to be 10,000 steps. A big group of us were waiting for the permission to begin climbing down. One woman got tired of waiting for permission to come, and said “Sod it, I’m going now”, and everyone else followed, me included. The first few steps were frightening because they were only dark green metal tubes, spaced not very far apart, were very steep, and had no obvious hand rail. But they soon became more substantial and normal stair-like, and turned into solid concrete. However, I (we) were now inside, like the stairs in a 1960s multi-story car park. It was getting darker and grimy, and one woman picked up a huge rat and threw it over the side to its death. I remember counting the steps as I went along. I can't remember reaching the bottom, but I certainly got quite far.
Old 27-05-2024, 12:05 AM
Master

Sometimes we can be a little to much in our head, (crown , high up) and it becomes difficult to be spontaneous and ‘just do it’ because we are using our mental capacity to make choices. As the way shower in your dream in this way the feminine ( your feminine) making choices in this way as she’s showing. This dreams seems to show me the journey from head to heart and how moving down into your heart might feel but as you descend abd go deeper into it and you, it’s a process, step by step and each encounter you meet (in you) can take you through some markers where you meet fears but ultimately, it’s the steps and process that will take you there. Not the end point. The head to heart journey leads you into unknown territories so where you are within this dream of the unknown spontaneous path, time will tell.

How much permission have you given yourself to embark on a journey in this way? You are the entirety of this dream. It’s about all of you.
Old 27-05-2024, 12:24 PM
Knower

WOW.... thank you JustBe. Your interpretation makes 100% perfect sense in light of where I've been this past 6 weeks. It's strange how it's now so obvious, yet I couldn't work this out for myself. This dream felt significant, which is why I posted about it.

I once had a similarly powerful dream where I ascended, and had a very brief, but profound and cryptic conversation with a spirit guide. I instantly interpreted that one. Yet for some reason I struggled with descending. I think I believed that to descend is to regress, to go backwards, or perhaps even die. But of course, a descent could mean to go from the head to the heart. Afterall, as I descended, though the stairs got physically murkier and darker, they became more solid, much safer, and I felt much less vulnerable.

Your interpretation makes perfect sense. I have some of the biggest life decisions to make very soon. They concern moving city (away from all family and friends, and on my own), buying a house for the first time, and entirely changing my career, and I'm not very young anymore. I've been torturing myself obsessively thinking about enacting these events, naturally.

On a side note, my crown chakra tingled for a few moments when I read your reply. I've noticed it tingles at moments when I think a thought that's an enlightened epiphany, or if I communicate what I consider to be a deep truth etc, and I trust it as a sign that's saying "yes, that is correct".

Thank you again.
Old 27-05-2024, 10:29 PM
Master

Hey that’s great I helped you feel the clarity in your dream.

I can understand the torment about stepping into the unknown in the way you’re sharing. If it feels right deep in your heart you’ll dive in and trust the process, it opens for you. The heart when it leads, often opens up parts of ourselves we’ve never fully realised existed, it’s there you build the ascension and descent within you..

Ascending and descending in dreams, simply relates to our integration of self. Moving through the whole of you, so descending is just as important as rising up. It’s where your balanced being resides.

Homes and buildings where we find ourselves up high or deep in the chambers, is always a representation of our inner home.

Good luck with everything.
Old 28-05-2024, 06:21 AM
Master

I haven't read anybody else's interpretations. The dream immediately speaks about the unconscious, a journey into the depths of one's own psyche of one's own reserves
or energy in the form of the descending steps. Also I thought straight away about therapy, either someone is moving to this New City to have therapy, to be involved in therapy or to become a therapist. That was an immediate thought I had but could be wrong of course. The green hand rail represents some governmental or authority body you have belonged too or will belong too. Some trepidation in the form of the Rat etc. and Multi Storey Car Park. A fairly light interpretation, hope it throws some reflection on events :)

__________________________________________________ ______

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 28-05-2024, 07:07 AM
Master

Oh goodness Bluto and yes, all makes perfect sense .
The "Rat " can be a symbol of obstacles in life path and / or anxiety .
The fact that it was thrown away and killed would suggest your anxieties / fears / obstacles are unfounded . Even though they are perfectly natural .

The "concrete" type car park and the steps that seemed like green metal thin ones could very well portray the ongoing building work , which at the moment DOES look like a perpetual building site of concrete barriers and scaffolding.

The walking down all the steps is a technique used in meditation/ relaxation to find / focus on what you are desiring when you reach the bottom.

The significance I feel, of the steps is your soul talking to you and helping you to address your fears/ worries / anxieties .

Oh and did you know about the secret connections to Henry V111 ??
( That's just by the by)...
Old 28-05-2024, 03:09 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Oh and did you know about the secret connections to Henry V111 ??
( That's just by the by)...

Hi AngelBlue, and thank you for your input, it's very helpful and insightful, as was yours Joe Mc.

You've stumped me here a little with the Henry 8th reference ha ha. Unless you're referring to you-know-which city, where I'm looking to move to. In which case, I'm still stumped

Interestingly, the woman who threw the rat over the side to it's death was someone I vaguely know, who lives in the city, who I really really do not want to bump into. It's playing on my mind and is tainting the idea to move there. However, I'm wondering if I should be worried, as it's not overly serious, just a bit creepy.
Old 28-05-2024, 03:17 PM
Master

Hi Bluto...
Yes, look up secret life / connection to Henry 8 in "you know which " city.

Oh, as for said woman , does she live there ?
I wouldn't worry too much.
Given that she was the one that threw the rat away it would suggest that any worries attached to this woman are unfounded .... Gone ... Nothing to worry about .

And even if you DID bump into her by chance, what's the worst that can happen ?
Old 29-05-2024, 03:07 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
And even if you DID bump into her by chance, what's the worst that can happen ?

Getting stalked. Long story.

The dream where she caught the rat and threw it over the side to it's death is the first dream I've ever had of her. It was a brief appearance, we didn't acknowledge each other in the dream, and were at opposite sides of the wide concrete stairwell.
Old 30-05-2024, 04:09 AM
Master

Bluto... I'm still kind of thinking that the dream is perhaps telling you that your anxiety about the possibility of bumping into this would.an is very remote.
The Rat, the fact that you had no contact with her, and that you had a large divide of concrete would suggest to me that it's not going to happen.
And for example she might not even live in that particular city anymore .

HOWEVER ... This is real life we are talking about and real worries that you may be having connected to a possible move for you and of course this is bound to be on your mind.
Being stalked is no fun at all.
It happened to my husband with an ex of his.
She wasn't dangerous , but it was very un-nerving for him glancing out of his window to see her driving past his house very slowly or peeping out from behind a parked van.

Only you will know whether the thought of her is something you can live with if you move .
A move to a different city is a big step without other worries getting in the way.
It's a lot to consider.