Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Topology

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliemcsnarly
That's a very interesting perspective, thank you Topology.

I guess I can see people's point about it being an egoic goal. Especially if it is seen as benefiting the self. I know Buddhism speaks about cultivating skillful actions for the benefit of all sentient beings, and not for the self.

I guess I'm still trying to find my way out of the individual mind set.

Doing things for yourself and to improve the quality of your own life are not wrong. In many senses of the word we should be selfish instead of self sacrificing. The question is how we are conceiving of ourselves. Are we the persona or body or ego, a limited portion of consciousness, or are we the entirety of our experience and consciousness, including others?

My goals are comPletely selfish, however my selfishness is tempered with the understanding that we are all interconnected.

This has been a bit of a zen practice for me, when I speak I try to use maxmimally communicative words and weed out inaccurate or incomplete expressions. When someone says "I want to raise my vibration", I can't tell whether they mean become more holy, become more whole, become better than, etc. the intent and motive is not clear. Also there is the problem that raising our vibration is not the real goal. We want a high vibration because we think it will get us something else, something that is our real goal, such as more pleasent relationships, a smoother experience in the world, etc. if we are clear about our real goals then we are better able to select the tools and practices we need to achieve those goals.

My question to you now is this: what is it that you want to achieve through having a high vibration? What are your real goals?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
Doing things for yourself and to improve the quality of your own life are not wrong. In many senses of the word we should be selfish instead of self sacrificing. The question is how we are conceiving of ourselves. Are we the persona or body or ego, a limited portion of consciousness, or are we the entirety of our experience and consciousness, including others?

My goals are comPletely selfish, however my selfishness is tempered with the understanding that we are all interconnected.

This has been a bit of a zen practice for me, when I speak I try to use maxmimally communicative words and weed out inaccurate or incomplete expressions. When someone says "I want to raise my vibration", I can't tell whether they mean become more holy, become more whole, become better than, etc. the intent and motive is not clear. Also there is the problem that raising our vibration is not the real goal. We want a high vibration because we think it will get us something else, something that is our real goal, such as more pleasent relationships, a smoother experience in the world, etc. if we are clear about our real goals then we are better able to select the tools and practices we need to achieve those goals.

My question to you now is this: what is it that you want to achieve through having a high vibration? What are your real goals?

I see, that's a good question. I guess there are a few reasons I see raising my vibration as important.

I wish to be able to feel more contented and comfortable in the world, accepting, and to be perfectly happy with and grateful for the present moment, without constantly grasping externally and looking to the future. I wish to be love a lot more rather than have it covered up by negative feelings.

The reasons for this are partly selfish and partly not so much. I don't like to feel discomfort and discontent with the world but I also see how negativity spreads subtly and causes suffering and ignorance, not only for myself but in all encounters. Love too, spreads subtly. It automates my words to help others and shine a light on the world rather than conflict with them. With higher vibrations come insights which answers questions and diminishes ignorance.

I want to help raise the vibration of the planet, not lower it, but I also want the good feelings that come with that. I don't wish to become better than other humans though. My real intent is to grow spiritually for the sake of myself and everyone, because really there is nothing else, no other reason for anything.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:36 PM
How to raise your frequency or vibration?

What Xan said, plus...

Expanding your awareness to the Divine Presence.
(Or fine tuning it to the Divine Presence.)

Re-membering the times you have experienced Reality or Sat chit anand - that
the True State of Being is Ecstasy.

Keeping yourself in a bubble of Divine Awareness.

Being still and knowing God or the Divine all around and within you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Master
Quote:
I guess I'm still trying to find my way out of the individual mind set.

This would be the self of the mind trying to find its way out of itself. It can't. Instead, find your way into the true Self... expansive, silent and whole.

Xan

Old 08-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Experiencer
I view the raising of frequency as going from a normal mood to a great mood.....Then from a great mood to an ecstatic one and then into one of joy and love....

I raise my frequency for the joy of that higher vibration where there is lucidity and oneness.

For me a low frequency is where most of the world resides, it's sticky and unconscious there and I try to stay above it.

I get the ego thing as my frequency would be high if I got a new car or something but thats artificial and won't last. For me the goal is to be high because I choose to be high.

I always try to remember to choose where/what I want to be, high/low, conscious or uncouscious.........I can rarely be lucid while vibrating at the bottom of my spectrum.........not that I always want to be lucid but I need to be able to pinpoint where I am and consciously move to where I want to be.

Just my two cents............
Old 08-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Instead, find your way into the true Self... expansive, silent and whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Expanding your awareness to the Divine Presence.
(Or fine tuning it to the Divine Presence.)

How? Meditation? Following the heart rather than the head?
Old 08-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AM
I view the raising of frequency as going from a normal mood to a great mood.....Then from a great mood to an ecstatic one and then into one of joy and love....

I raise my frequency for the joy of that higher vibration where there is lucidity and oneness.

For me a low frequency is where most of the world resides, it's sticky and unconscious there and I try to stay above it.

I get the ego thing as my frequency would be high if I got a new car or something but thats artificial and won't last. For me the goal is to be high because I choose to be high.

I always try to remember to choose where/what I want to be, high/low, conscious or uncouscious.........I can rarely be lucid while vibrating at the bottom of my spectrum.........not that I always want to be lucid but I need to be able to pinpoint where I am and consciously move to where I want to be.

Just my two cents............

This is pretty much how I view it too. I'm not sure how to chose to be high though.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Master
I view it quite literally, and certain meditation techniques help people to become aware of subtler and subtler sensations, and under the hard physical solid feelings there are more subtle vibrations...
Old 08-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Master
Quote:
How? Meditation? Following the heart rather than the head?

Hi Charlie. People say things that sound woo woo nice and it makes them appear all guruic like, but it's all designed to do that, and I think you are ready to believe them, but it's not their place to tell you their 'enlightened man' stuff. It's up to you to say how it is for you, and it's up to everyone else to try to understand you.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's up to you to say how it is for you, and it's up to everyone else to try to understand you.

Well I guess I feel like I'm at a bit of a stalemate at the moment. I have had some incredible insights over the last few years, but it has led me to a place where I've lost heart in the dissatisfying world, the spiritual 'quest', and so on, because all of it ultimately means nothing. I'm pretty lost, and I'm not doing much to help the world. And as I would put it, I'm vibrating at low frequencies. When that happens we tend to 'forget', at least temporarily, our innate truths.