Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 19-01-2015, 07:21 AM
NetOfIndra

The tremendous power of seeing - The other side

Has anyone found that, in their search for deepening spiritual discovery and connection; they have uncovered things that hold tremendous power that could be used compassionately, or not; very powerfully in order to destroy or take down someone else? I am not saying this is my intent, but I would be lying to say I did not recognize this facet. When you lose your ego or learn how to detach from it, you lose the ability to be hurt in the process. It occurred to me his is a tremendous power one could wield over someone at will. Buddhists speak of right action in correcting harmful destructive people or trajectories. Sometimes you have to meet force with an opposing and steady force and overpower it.

When discussing things with people now, I find myself less drawn to a viewpoint as I have practiced objective awareness and mindful attention to the interdependence of all things. I have stepped outside myself and sharpened my ability to see other people, notice their patterns or what is visible to me, and just by learning and really believing and not being afraid to lean into this knowledge, it's incredibly powerful. Nearly being very literal, it is pragmatic in the calmest sense imaginable. I can't explain it....it is 'such ness' of things and you a channel for it. The only agency you have is the clarity of mind.

I've put my entire faith on the "science" of dependent origination, and developed a trust and a confidence in myself that is powerful, more powerful than anything I've ever had. It let me rediscover a confidence that I believe is stripped from us since we are born. ...has anyone else felt this? Do they know what I am talking about? Operating on this principle fear becomes irrelevant. This is probably how buddhist monks self immolate.

I have thought several times how I could completely destroy someone or take them apart by damaging the ego, ( I can recognize the ego more clearly that I've worked on separating from it) until it is nothing into the ground. There is no counter argument to this, as there is nothing for them to attack back because you have already put down the ego. The Tao Te Ching also speaks of being like water, that collects and flows to the low places that all men despise. ..there, you will be loved by all and have endless security and comfort. That is the tremendous power of non ego. That is probably why there is a saying "with tremendous power comes responsibility." And that's why Buddhists speak of right action. I never had this before and I never reached such a depth as I am now.

That is also why as you get further developed, the temptations to topple in egoic temptations collect in juxtaposition to the spiritual enlightenment you have achieved. When you are prepared for what is, and willing to accept all reality (as most people are not) it gives a Spartan kind of hardness; except in this case it is the same power of that hardness but it's calmness, it's tranquil. It's not easily disturbed or really ever muddied.

Has this crossed any one else's mind? It is an interesting topic.
Old 19-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Suspended
Right action is essentially about you and your actions. What others do we don't have much control over. People can 'shine' and be something of an example but not correct others as such.

I think that there may be some parallels with Taoism and the water analogy is a nice one. Often though, the right thing to do from a moral perspective may not be particularly easy because of ego and attachments, etc. The water flow may be blocked by the large stones and boulders! Once these klesas or obstructions are let go of then the water will run again..
Old 19-01-2015, 04:58 PM
NetOfIndra

There was a giant sign in the Dharma center I went to for a while; it said "WHEN YOU CHANGE, OTHERS WILL CHANGE."

Very powerful I loved it!
Old 19-01-2015, 06:55 PM
Suspended
Yes, perspective or opening the mind can have a lot to do with it..
Old 21-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetOfIndra
There was a giant sign in the Dharma center I went to for a while; it said "WHEN YOU CHANGE, OTHERS WILL CHANGE."

Very powerful I loved it!

There is a classic eastern story along the same lines as what you wrote.

During the first third of his life, a sage tried to change the world, and that didn't work.

During the second third of his life, the sage tried to change his family, friends, and immediate circle. That too didn't work.

During the third third of his life, the sage focused on changing himself and, lo and behold, the world changed.

Old 21-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetOfIndra
Has this crossed any one else's mind? It is an interesting topic.
For what I have read in your posts, you seem to be human
So, welcome to the Deva's plane! (The thirty one planes of existence)
As Buddha said, you either go up or down. And it looks like you went up to position yourself at that level. So stay there my friend. Don't even think about using that power the wrong way; for it is easy to slide back down and further. You just owned yourself some great karma points - Don't waste them.

Instead, get rid of your negativity through mindfulness of breathing. Do not forget that "Breathing In and Breathing Out" does not mean breathing air from the outside toward the inside, then expelling that air out. But instead , (and rightfully doing it,) breathing in the air (prana /vital breath) within you, and expelling it outside ("breathing out").

Inhale what is inside* and send it to the outside.
That is mindfulness of breathing.

Keep the good work up; and do not forget the plan of action (just a decisional process, to be taken up to the end)

* Get rid of the bad (prana) sent to you over the years [Send back what was wrongfully given to you; no revenge!], and send the Good prana at last.

Note: Beware that leftover ego. You've got the exam; but you haven't got the job yet

Last edited by cathutch : 21-01-2015 at 10:55 PM.
Old 22-01-2015, 07:07 AM
Knower

Hi Netofindra.Be fair to people ,its far more effective than being wrathful.When you see things as they really are you would never contemplate intentionally hurting someone,even if you judged that they deserved destroying."Power "is not a word i associate with Buddhism.Remember our actions have consequences and the universe has the final say on all matters,and it comes in the form of karma.