Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 10-07-2011, 02:56 AM
Matthewof1989

Spirit guide question

I've been trying to meet my spirit guide. My question, and I'm sure this is quite elementary but, would it's response come in the form of faint thoughts sounding like my own voice in the crown center or should it be more pronounced and obvious that it's a different entity? I'm really struggling with this and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:24 AM
Guide
It really all depends. Sometimes they also communicate through symbols
and pictures. For example you make ask what do I need to focus on in my life
And you may see a picture of a dog which may be your guides way of saying
you need to focus on animals/pets or maybe focus on your friends as dogs
are symbolizes as mans best friend.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:31 AM
Matthewof1989

How do I draw the line between my own imagination and what my guide may be actually saying? That's what's confusing me you know...
Old 10-07-2011, 03:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewof1989
How do I draw the line between my own imagination and what my guide may be actually saying? That's what's confusing me you know...

Hi Matthew, no matter how it comes, it's always going to come through your filters - the state of your consciousness, your values, your belief system, your impressions... On the other hand, if it's an important thing for you to know, you will have no doubt about it. "First God touches you with a feather, then taps you on the shoulder, then hits you with a hammer." And you can always ask for more details or a clearer message. As the gap closes between giving and receiving, you will intuit without needing to converse with a guide. You will just "know".
Old 10-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewof1989

Great question Matthew! There is no easy answer but I have learned to teach others the difference.

1st: our guides use our imagination. After all it is a platform within us that is available. There have been people I've trained that give accurate readings and said afterwards.. Wow I thought I was making that all up in my mind!

2. The feeling of the words is different when it's a guide/spirit. They "Pop" in without forethought. So here you are meditating on a meadow or beach. Thinking of how nice the area is and you suddenly hear a voice saying things that are profound. Maybe quotes, maybe advice, or even just comfort. Those are your guides speaking to you.

3. My thinking mind feels different than my receiving mind. This ones a bit hard to explain but bare with me. Right now, think of a red fire engine. Do you feel the tension and thought as you create this image? It is almost like a heavy sensation of thought. Pay attention in your next meditation, I bet you that the words you receive are light and require no grinding thought. :) That is guidance! :)

Hope that helps!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Matthewof1989

Ooo that's some great stuff! Thanks! I defiantly know what you mean about the grinding thoughts. Wonderfully said. I apreciate tour help!