Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 24-03-2011, 02:35 AM
ic.heliii

Question Is it REALLY channeled information, or just my own knowledge?

I'll be honest, I think I know most of what there is to know about the universal laws, source energy, etc through listening to Abraham Hicks teachings.

When I meditate and try channeling verbally, if I get asked a question about anything that I've heard the answer to from Abraham, I can answer the question with the first thoughts that come into my mind easily and well. But then, when I get asked a question I don't exactly already know the answer to, I sort of sit there before a theory that I feel cooperates with Abraham teachings comes in my mind.

Now I find theories about EVERYTHING that happens during my day, and I'm pretty sure I think them up through my understanding of how things work.

So, am I REALLY channeling source energy, or is the information just thought up in my mind?

Would it be better to try to trance channel instead of completely consciously like this? If so, how can I trance channel?
Old 24-03-2011, 04:08 AM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Hi Ic.heliii. Conscious channeling is the most integrative form of channeling, especially the more the channel "owns" the information and personally applies its teachings. The "highest" form of "channeling" that a human can master has been demonstrated by such people as Jesus, Sathya Sai Baba and Gautama Buddha, among others, who essentially perceive themselves as One with the Divine, not just intellectually but FEELINGLY and KNOWINGLY. Attributing the information to someone "other" than the Self is the kind of channeling that most channelers employ, and this does has its place for a time, until the incarnated being knows without a single doubt that separation is an illusion, and that there really are no "others" in Divine (Source) Reality. The "sources" of high-level spiritual channeling always encourage humans to remember that they are not really "human," but are Non-physical Consciousness projecting an experience of "being human," and thus the ultimate channeling lesson is that we awaken to our True Nature or True Reality.

Humans generally are already in a "trance," dazed and confused by their own self-limiting perceptions, though are indeed learning and expanding in consciousness. The Higher Self gently works to "de-trance" or de-hypnotize us. But, using the word "trance" in the way that you are familiar with it, then perhaps working in a "light trance state" in your channeling may be of benefit to you, where you would be more or less aware of the tone and general content of the information, while resting in a pleasant daydream-like state of awareness as your Higher Self translates the energy/information through you.

In a broad sense of the word everyone and everything in manifestation is channeled, for channeling is projection of consciousness. The question is not really whether one is channeling or not, but "Am I allowing a pure, joyous connection (to Source, God, the Self, etc.)?" It is not possible to channel without having beliefs, as the channeling process itself is a projection of belief, and all incarnate beings must exist through consciousness, within consciousness, as projections of thought. Through meditation you could go deeper within, make a clear statement of intent that you desire to "trance channel," if this is your desire, and allow this agreement to take place and manifest. If so, make sure that you have no fear about this form of channeling. Deep trance channeling is quickly becoming obsolete, as new types of soul agreements are being made in this accelerating shift, and "lighter," more self-empowering forms of channeling become the norm.

It is wise to always get into your "zone" of well-being (the "Vortex") before you practice channeling, feeling self-confident, and then the interpretation/translation will be less distorted and easier to understand and benefit from. As a spirit friend (and my own Self) once humorously reminded me, "Trust is a must!" Even Esther Hicks, as ALL channels, is still making things up through her mind when connecting to Source. It's impossible not to, whether one is conscious of this or not, because everything we say, do, express, is a translation of vibration, and therefore has mental distortion, for all of manifestation comes from imagination. All of creation is imagination. Concepts and words are never true, they are imagined; at best they can be loving pointers to Divine Truth, which is unalterable. (When channeled entities such as Abraham say "There are many truths," they are speaking of personal truths only, which are not really "true" in an absolute sense, but are just perceptions, beliefs.) Even Abraham admitted that the "Source" that they speak of in their teachings is not the ultimate Source, when a gentleman once asked them, "Does Source have a Source," and Abraham said that this was so, as did Neale Donald Walsh's "God" admit that It wasn't the ultimate God. Divine Reality is totally beyond all description and conceptualization, and great teachers like Jesus and Abraham know this, and so they "water it down" into easy concepts that people can grasp, such as "The Kingdom of God is within you," or "You are multidimensional beings," etc., as a way to help people to not see Divinity as separate from them. Just some concepts and reminders.

You are doing very, very well, Ic.heliii. Blessings.

Last edited by Simon Karlos : 24-03-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Old 26-03-2011, 04:21 PM
ic.heliii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Karlos
Hi Ic.heliii. Conscious channeling is the most integrative form of channeling, especially the more the channel "owns" the information and personally applies its teachings. The "highest" form of "channeling" that a human can master has been demonstrated by such people as Jesus, Sathya Sai Baba and Gautama Buddha, among others, who essentially perceive themselves as One with the Divine, not just intellectually but FEELINGLY and KNOWINGLY. Attributing the information to someone "other" than the Self is the kind of channeling that most channelers employ, and this does has its place for a time, until the incarnated being knows without a single doubt that separation is an illusion, and that there really are no "others" in Divine (Source) Reality. The "sources" of high-level spiritual channeling always encourage humans to remember that they are not really "human," but are Non-physical Consciousness projecting an experience of "being human," and thus the ultimate channeling lesson is that we awaken to our True Nature or True Reality.

Humans generally are already in a "trance," dazed and confused by their own self-limiting perceptions, though are indeed learning and expanding in consciousness. The Higher Self gently works to "de-trance" or de-hypnotize us. But, using the word "trance" in the way that you are familiar with it, then perhaps working in a "light trance state" in your channeling may be of benefit to you, where you would be more or less aware of the tone and general content of the information, while resting in a pleasant daydream-like state of awareness as your Higher Self translates the energy/information through you.

In a broad sense of the word everyone and everything in manifestation is channeled, for channeling is projection of consciousness. The question is not really whether one is channeling or not, but "Am I allowing a pure, joyous connection (to Source, God, the Self, etc.)?" It is not possible to channel without having beliefs, as the channeling process itself is a projection of belief, and all incarnate beings must exist through consciousness, within consciousness, as projections of thought. Through meditation you could go deeper within, make a clear statement of intent that you desire to "trance channel," if this is your desire, and allow this agreement to take place and manifest. If so, make sure that you have no fear about this form of channeling. Deep trance channeling is quickly becoming obsolete, as new types of soul agreements are being made in this accelerating shift, and "lighter," more self-empowering forms of channeling become the norm.

It is wise to always get into your "zone" of well-being (the "Vortex") before you practice channeling, feeling self-confident, and then the interpretation/translation will be less distorted and easier to understand and benefit from. As a spirit friend (and my own Self) once humorously reminded me, "Trust is a must!" Even Esther Hicks, as ALL channels, is still making things up through her mind when connecting to Source. It's impossible not to, whether one is conscious of this or not, because everything we say, do, express, is a translation of vibration, and therefore has mental distortion, for all of manifestation comes from imagination. All of creation is imagination. Concepts and words are never true, they are imagined; at best they can be loving pointers to Divine Truth, which is unalterable. (When channeled entities such as Abraham say "There are many truths," they are speaking of personal truths only, which are not really "true" in an absolute sense, but are just perceptions, beliefs.) Even Abraham admitted that the "Source" that they speak of in their teachings is not the ultimate Source, when a gentleman once asked them, "Does Source have a Source," and Abraham said that this was so, as did Neale Donald Walsh's "God" admit that It wasn't the ultimate God. Divine Reality is totally beyond all description and conceptualization, and great teachers like Jesus and Abraham know this, and so they "water it down" into easy concepts that people can grasp, such as "The Kingdom of God is within you," or "You are multidimensional beings," etc., as a way to help people to not see Divinity as separate from them. Just some concepts and reminders.

You are doing very, very well, Ic.heliii. Blessings.

Thank you, that helped clear up a bit :)
Old 28-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic.heliii
Thank you, that helped clear up a bit :)

Very welcome, my friend.
Old 31-03-2011, 02:50 PM
windwhistle

Ic.helium...

"So am I really channelling source energy, or is the info. Just thought up in my mind."

I wonder about this too. Sometimes I get other-worldly knowledge and answers freely and easily. Other times, it seems as though "I" have provided the information. I can feel a definite difference in my gut.

When I re-read the channelled writing...I can tell what came from me and what came from source. What comes from source is a new perspective than the one I currently have and I learn from it. What comes from me I can magnate to something I learned intellectually from some other human.

True learning must be experienced. It is not intellectual. It is simple and not hard to grasp. We tend to make spirituality overly complicated. It is truest when it is simple because then it just is. And we all...are.

No one can tell you through theory what is and what isn't a real channeled message. Only you can know due to your own direct experience.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Seeker

Great thread! Thank you Simon for always simplifying the answers to many of my questions. Will you adopt me ?
Old 27-04-2011, 04:56 AM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llwyncwn
Great thread! Thank you Simon for always simplifying the answers to many of my questions. Will you adopt me ?

How can I adopt one whom I AM already One with? Blessings.
Old 26-05-2011, 08:11 PM
SpiritRhythms

Wow! This is a great and invaluable thread.

Here are some thoughts/questions for bantering about.

It is my understanding that we all have different realities, and some have certain strong beliefs -
and our different cultural upbringings drive our personal evolution in different directions.

Therefore, I submit that some conscious or meditative channeled information
is not universal, but specific to one's own goals or desires.

Further, I believe that this is one of the main reasons why
we sometimes see what Matt would describe as false channeling.

Does anyone agree, disagree, or have other thoughts or comments in this regard?

Frank
Old 27-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Energyatwork

"I'll be honest, I think I know most of what there is to know about the universal laws, source energy, etc through listening to Abraham Hicks teachings."

Just goes to show how perceptions differ i saw some of the Hicks DVD and was unmoved and unimpressed. AH sells a concept an idea and its well marketed so it makes them money. But its nothing new; the law of attraction has always been in existance.

Its fine to speak of source energy but unless an individual is able to understand what attempting to control that source energy will do then nothing else will work.

Channeling it seems has become commonplace but is it really? Can it be learned or is it a gift that is given?
Is what you read authentic is always a dilemma; is it channelled? At times it seems a great many people accept it all without question.

Some simple pointers;
If its full of new age jargon its likely fake. the same goes for any judgement or ego.
If it contains references to space commands , karmic boards, big energy shifts its more than likely fed by human expectation than anything else.
Is the message trying to control in any way or tell you what to do?
There is more of course, instincts play a part as always

Steve
Old 29-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Ascender

Frank, I agree with what you said.
I feel like channeling can be learned but it takes much time to master it. Then again I'm not too sure since I don't know much about channeling. I know a lot about empathy and I know that that's pretty commonplace but I don't hear of many channelers. So maybe what these channelers are channeling are false?But they think it's right because they believe anyone can channel? That's why I'm always weary of what people come up with when they channel.