Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 11-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Master
Tendencies of the Knights

Someone who does readings mentioned that Knights are always about themselves, what they need, their 'gain' so to speak, because they aren't Kings yet. They haven't mastered things yet.
So the Knight of Cups may be lovely dovey, romantic, charming, sweet and stuff, but he won't stick around. He may be that same way with a number of other women (or men of course if the Knight is a woman), he's not committing. In a way just fulfilling his own needs.

The Knight of Wands would be the person who sweeps you off your feet, also for their own fulfillment, possibly interested in a sexual relationship only, or a rebound relationship. Same as the first, not the one who would commit, cos he's not ready for that yet, he's 'only' a Knight still.

Similar scenarios for the other 2 Knights.
Now I'm thinking, is this always and/or really the case? Somehow that interpretation grates on me. Sure, they may not be masters of their element yet as they aren't Kings. But even a student can be dedicated to his goals. If nothing else, without dedication will he even become a King?
And if the Knights are so self-centered, what does that make the Pages? Irresponsible know-it-alls who do whatever suits them?

I wonder how you people see this?
Old 11-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Master
I tend to agree with your take. Just because they're knights I don't think that makes them totally irresponsible and self-centred. If they were reversed, or there were other supporting cards if you don't read reversals there may be an element of that sort of behaviour, but not upright and not without supporting negative cards.

I'm thinking back to the heady days of when I first had a serious, loving relationship with someone I would classify as a very typical Knight of Cups at the tender age of 18. He may have been a bit inexperienced with the whole emotion thing, but he most certainly stuck around and wanted a full blown relationship, marriage and the rest. So, no, I don't agree with that particular reader's take myself.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:16 PM
55Degrees

It's never always the case, other cards would have to back it up.
Knights can also be personal challenges, 'quests' if you prefer.
Then there is the personality side of the knights;- Knight of Cups is the dreamer, Knight of Wands, the go-getter, Knight of Swords the ambitious one and Knight of Pents, the entrepreneur.
It pains me when readers get stuck into one meaning for a card. Tarot is meant to cover the entire human experience and life is much more than 78 experiences.

The Knight of Cups can be full of compassion, he may be the young doctor volunteering in a war torn area, feeling and healing the physical damage yet feeling helpless against the emotional trauma.
Yes, the Knight of Wands can be the love 'em and leave 'em one night stand, he can also be that mate who always has your back, who will wade in to any argument to defend you (being a bit if a hot head and all that).

Please don't get stuck on a single meaning. Court cards are tricky but there are so many good resources out there on how to tackle these cards.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
Then there is the personality side of the knights;- Knight of Cups is the dreamer, Knight of Wands, the go-getter, Knight of Swords the ambitious one and Knight of Pents, the entrepreneur.
It pains me when readers get stuck into one meaning for a card. Tarot is meant to cover the entire human experience and life is much more than 78 experiences.

The Knight of Cups can be full of compassion, he may be the young doctor volunteering in a war torn area, feeling and healing the physical damage yet feeling helpless against the emotional trauma.
Yes, the Knight of Wands can be the love 'em and leave 'em one night stand, he can also be that mate who always has your back, who will wade in to any argument to defend you (being a bit if a hot head and all that).

Please don't get stuck on a single meaning. Court cards are tricky but there are so many good resources out there on how to tackle these cards.

A very good reply Pisces Moon. You've also reminded me that my first love was a faith healer, which I had forgotten!
Old 11-10-2017, 09:50 PM
Guide

Pisces Moon stole my thunder lol, as I was hoping to reply;

I see the Knights on a quest of one sort or another, so they can be extremely dedicated, compassionate, even contemplative.., as well as daring, adventuresome and romantic.
Also I am reminded of the way the Knight moves on the chessboard..not linear- they can jump when they must.

I see the Pages as the students. Not irresponsible know-it-alls, but definitely inexperienced in certain realms. Youthful, willing to learn.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:01 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne

I see the Knights on a quest of one sort or another, so they can be extremely dedicated, compassionate, even contemplative.., as well as daring, adventuresome and romantic.
Also I am reminded of the way the Knight moves on the chessboard..not linear- they can jump when they must.

I see the Pages as the students. Not irresponsible know-it-alls, but definitely inexperienced in certain realms. Youthful, willing to learn.

Haha, sorry.
I love analysing Court Cards, sad, I know, but they're so complex.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon

I know, I don't like one take, but these interpretations somehow stuck in my head and somehow I couldn't rid myself of them :/

Thank you for your feedback! If I may ask, and then take the Knight of Wands... then what exactly is the difference with King of Wands? Does he think things through more, not jump into things as head over heels as Knight?
Old 11-10-2017, 11:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
I tend to agree with your take. Just because they're knights I don't think that makes them totally irresponsible and self-centred. If they were reversed, or there were other supporting cards if you don't read reversals there may be an element of that sort of behaviour, but not upright and not without supporting negative cards.

I'm thinking back to the heady days of when I first had a serious, loving relationship with someone I would classify as a very typical Knight of Cups at the tender age of 18. He may have been a bit inexperienced with the whole emotion thing, but he most certainly stuck around and wanted a full blown relationship, marriage and the rest. So, no, I don't agree with that particular reader's take myself.
Thank you for your insight and personal story. Definitely helps :)
I'll remember there have to be other supporting cards!

Old 11-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne

Thank you! The Knight moves is a good one too.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:38 PM
55Degrees

King of Wands is the 'mentor', a natural leader who happily participates. He likes to consider new ideas, go to him with a feasible idea and he'll look at it with a plan on how to implement it. He looks at long term goals, he's not a 'quick fix' type of person. Whatever he does, he will consider the effect it has on others. This is the person who gives credit where it's due.

The Knight of Wands can be a bit more impetuous. They can sometimes lose sight of the long term goal as they pursue the short term success. They are innovative and full of ideas but lack the focus of the Kings. They do consider others, but, the urge to 'get the job done' so they can move on to the next, means they can be seen as impatient. They can be high energy with rapid fire ideas. They're the type who you can have a laugh with, they're warm, charismatic and charming (hence the love 'em and leave 'em tag).