Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 07-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Zaranais

Past or Simultaneous Lives?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I've not read back through all the messages in this section.

My question is about the concept of "time." I've recently encountered more than one source that talk about time not really existing and saying that what we usually think of as *past* lives are actually all going on at the same time.

For some reason, this seems logical to me, and feels true. But I am wondering why many other sources, that seem to agree on lots of other particulars, still use the term "past lives" and still talk about "going back to earth"? Actually the entire concept of karma seems to indicate consecutive lives, and yet I somehow feel more drawn to the simultaneous concept.

Anyone else been pondering this?
Old 07-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Summerland

You might want to check out this thread for a few thoughts.
Not entirely all you. First time I tried that. It may not work, but at least it is the name of the thread.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Summerland

Oh my Goddess, it did work!! YAY for me, after five years I have managed to copy/paste !!!! And they said old dogs can't learn new tricks!!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Uhmar

I believe they are all happening at the same time...
Old 08-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Greenslade

I think using the term 'Past Lives' is a human thing, in a world where we have clocks and have past, present and future. Spirit doesn't have the same concept of time, so in that sense to Spirit there is no past, present nor future. Parallel Lives make more sense to me. When I've gone through 'Past Lives' they don't feel like memories, they feel like those thoughts come from a different part of me, inside.

Karma in terms of good and bad just don't work for me, that smacks too much of judgement. Looking at karma in terms of cause and effect does though.

The way I see it, those 'Past Lives' are happening right now but in a dimension I can't perceive with human senses. It's like a radio station, you listen to one station because that's the one it's tuned into. Turn the dial a tad off-station and you begin to lose the clarity. Turn it a little more and all you get is static noise. A little bit yet and the next station starts to come through. That is where the awareness of 'Past Lives' comes from, because your consciousness is able to tune itself a little, just enough to get past the station you're currently listening to and through a little static into another station.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:43 AM
Medium_Laura

I believe time isn't linear but cyclical. I do believe we can incarnate as different people in different times at the same time. Like little nanobots our learning. When they pass on, we all return to our soul-collective on the Other Side. :)
Old 08-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I think using the term 'Past Lives' is a human thing, in a world where we have clocks and have past, present and future. Spirit doesn't have the same concept of time, so in that sense to Spirit there is no past, present nor future. Parallel Lives make more sense to me. When I've gone through 'Past Lives' they don't feel like memories, they feel like those thoughts come from a different part of me, inside.

Karma in terms of good and bad just don't work for me, that smacks too much of judgement. Looking at karma in terms of cause and effect does though.

The way I see it, those 'Past Lives' are happening right now but in a dimension I can't perceive with human senses. It's like a radio station, you listen to one station because that's the one it's tuned into. Turn the dial a tad off-station and you begin to lose the clarity. Turn it a little more and all you get is static noise. A little bit yet and the next station starts to come through. That is where the awareness of 'Past Lives' comes from, because your consciousness is able to tune itself a little, just enough to get past the station you're currently listening to and through a little static into another station.

I have never thought about it before the other thread. How could I remember dying as an infant and a woman who was probably in her 60's, a woman in her 30's, a monk in China about 70, an autistic boy about 7 etc. etc. etc. (as Yul Brynner would say) ??? So many different geographic locations and eras ?
On the other hand remembering some of those lives is as painful as anything that has happened to me this lifetime. I break down crying when I have just listened to the tapes.
Greenslade, how could you have known of me in Atlantis and saw me die and yet in this incarnation we are both alive and I am 58? (I'll be nice and not ask you age, but I think it is close to mine)
Like I said before it is just too baffling for my wee brain~~~~
Old 08-02-2011, 01:17 AM
AngelBreeze

More Of A Simultaneous Life Rather Than A Past One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaranais
Sorry if this has been discussed before, I've not read back through all the messages in this section.

My question is about the concept of "time." I've recently encountered more than one source that talk about time not really existing and saying that what we usually think of as *past* lives are actually all going on at the same time.

For some reason, this seems logical to me, and feels true. But I am wondering why many other sources, that seem to agree on lots of other particulars, still use the term "past lives" and still talk about "going back to earth"? Actually the entire concept of karma seems to indicate consecutive lives, and yet I somehow feel more drawn to the simultaneous concept.

Anyone else been pondering this?

Warm greetings, Zaranais!

I might tend to entertain the possibility of the 'simultaneous' also as I definitely do not believe in 'past lives' in and of itself. Those who think they had a past life may be recalling something they read somewhere about another person thus identifying closely with that person so as to assume the same basic traits, etc. such as to know pretty much all about them. It just makes absolutely no sense to think that we were someone else at some point in time in the past and that we did not learn our lessons back then and had to come back here as another person, perhaps even of another gender than before, etc. to make amends. And since neither Jesus nor His Mother Mary have experienced that, it is apparent that neither will we. They are still the same and Mary's apparitions, which have been carefully documented and photographed pretty much prove that point even after more than 2,000 years that she walked this Earth incarnate! So, returning as someone else and forgetting totally who we 'were' before is not something acceptable to we Christians.

While I know for a fact, Biblically speaking, that we have only ONE life and that is the one we are presently living, I tend to gravitate towards the hypothesis of a simultaneous life concept more than anything else since we indeed may have been gifted with the ability to know some things that can't be explained by ordinary means and it would seem to sustain the thought, at least in part, that one of our other subtle bodies (an auric or etheric extension of our physical body) may be experiencing things we cannot readily recall so easily in the physical, however could possibly recall under a different set of circumstances, somewhat like receiving spiritual information from another source.

Also, a possibility is the fact that we are also living in a dimension that is composed of an overlay of many other dimensions both above us and below us of greater and lesser vibration. And who is to say that somehow we are not also picking up the thoughts and actions of someone now living in one of those dimensions and subconsciously claiming it to be our own? I believe that to be possible as well since telepathy is the main form of communication in the world of Spirit coupled by the fact that there are many people right here in this plane of existence who are also well-versed in telepathic thought who could convey some of those thoughts and knowledge via the collective unconscious.

So, we might be picking up good information from one of those sources and in that regard, it could be called having a 'simultaneous life' so as to be able to speak somewhat intelligently about things not so well known to us in our everyday normal life.

Have a Wonderful day!

Old 08-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
I have never thought about it before the other thread. How could I remember dying as an infant and a woman who was probably in her 60's, a woman in her 30's, a monk in China about 70, an autistic boy about 7 etc. etc. etc. (as Yul Brynner would say) ??? So many different geographic locations and eras ?
On the other hand remembering some of those lives is as painful as anything that has happened to me this lifetime. I break down crying when I have just listened to the tapes.
Greenslade, how could you have known of me in Atlantis and saw me die and yet in this incarnation we are both alive and I am 58? (I'll be nice and not ask you age, but I think it is close to mine)
Like I said before it is just too baffling for my wee brain~~~~

Okay then Summer, just to complicate matters even further...... How could I and quite a few other people remember a time before matter even existed, before the Big Bang? How could we possibly recognise each other in this Life or see a part of each other that existed/exists in that Life? For all of those people, there are memories of another Life that have come crashing into this one and they can 'tune into' that Past Life and see reflections of it in this one. And you're right, there isn't much difference age-ways. I'll be 54 in February :-)

It's all very simple. Throw time out of the window and tune the conciousness like a radio station. It's all happening right here, right now and all of those Lives are being Lived even as we speak. What we're aware of is a 'leak' :-)
Old 08-02-2011, 01:52 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Okay then Summer, just to complicate matters even further...... How could I and quite a few other people remember a time before matter even existed, before the Big Bang? How could we possibly recognise each other in this Life or see a part of each other that existed/exists in that Life? For all of those people, there are memories of another Life that have come crashing into this one and they can 'tune into' that Past Life and see reflections of it in this one. And you're right, there isn't much difference age-ways. I'll be 54 in February :-)

It's all very simple. Throw time out of the window and tune the conciousness like a radio station. It's all happening right here, right now and all of those Lives are being Lived even as we speak. What we're aware of is a 'leak' :-)

HA !! You ARE older than me!!! I only remember back to the time that we were all spun off of the center of it all. Shimmering ribbons, we were, all gossamer multi-colored irridescent filaments. 54, bah! You remember further back than I do, so that makes you older.
I need to meet some of these people that you are talking about so that I can get my memory jogging to catch up, Greenslade.