Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 02-03-2019, 08:50 AM
ant

Twin flame concept?

Who rightly knows and can truly say the twin flame concept is true and exists?

Those that profess to know and or experienced,are they like some resurrected god?

Where's the proof?

The way i see it,there are x amount of humans on this planet,your bound to run into someone like yourself,right?

Then you come cross someone like yourself in many respects and then from what you've read on the net about twin flames,you come to some conclusion and 'think' you've found a twin flame.

A damaging concept,as i only know too well and experienced myself.

Don't buy into it.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:07 AM
Master
Hi,

There are many many things like this actually.

Our personal experiences with life and reality will put in place for us what is real and what is not. The issue is we all have different experiences and thus our own personalized reality perspectives.

It is pointless to argue about some things as I see it.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 02-03-2019, 11:22 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elabr8Aspie

Those that profess to know and or experienced,are they like some resurrected god?

Where's the proof?
There's no proof. It's a belief.

Quote:
The way i see it,there are x amount of humans on this planet,your bound to run into someone like yourself,right?

Then you come cross someone like yourself in many respects and then from what you've read on the net about twin flames,you come to some conclusion and 'think' you've found a twin flame.
As I see it many fall for this confidence trick. There's much snake oil in the spiritual market place. However, that doesn't deny there's some substance to the idea but I'd say it's pretty rare. People who claim to have met their twin flame on line are likely deluding themselves. They sometimes try to swathe it in quasi-spiritual verbiage but until they meet and see how they mesh in real life when things like habits and foibles start to emerge, I can't see how they can get to know each other enough to confirm their bond. It's easy to fall for romance (and do I know it!). As I often say here, many couples have spent adult lifetimes happily together; are inseparable enough that they KNOW love without having to think about it....and they've never heard of the term "twin flame".

Quote:
Don't buy into it.
It's a question of "don't delude yourself." Meeting someone, both acutely attracted to each other and the sex is very nice doesn't mean twin flame. See how it looks 5 years down the line. If they've REALLY helped in each other's "spiritual" growth and are as-one enough not to keep using the word love (which manifests more truly in gesture than words) then maybe they do have an eternal bond.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:53 AM
Deactivated Account

I agree. I think we have many soul connections. Many who are similar to us. But I don't think we have a one and only.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:22 PM
Master
Quote:

Where's the proof?

Don't buy into it.

Everyone is entitled to believe in whatever they want, aliens, religion, little men living on the moon. So long as it harms none what's the problem? We truly are not all the same and there is scientific theory that the human family has propegated as true over the years, that they have had to re-correct years later.

Nothing is written in stone, some believe, some don't believe, some people make it, some people won't. It's just the way of the world...
Old 02-03-2019, 02:29 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
So long as it harms none what's the problem?

I think the thing with the twin flame concept is that maybe it doesn't harm others (perhaps with the exception of the so called 'runner' who may feel harassed in some cases), but it harms people themselves. It is a belief that could go either way, helpful or unhelpful. And sometimes that way can be unhelpful or even toxic, which is what is worrying.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:33 PM
Guide

I had the experience first, then learned of twin flames decades later, so the "concept" fit the experience. I did not try to make an experience of meeting someone fit the "concept."

In my situation twin flames just explains everything we have gone through for decades.

You are correct that with all the people in the world we will run into those who are like us and we are drawn to them. Twin flames does not mean you are necessarily the same. We are complete opposites in every way but have a love and connection that does not die. We have had this connection and friendship for over 30 years now and we both accept and agree that we are twin flames.

Everyone's situation is different.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:01 PM
Ascender
Quote:

Where's the proof?

Don't buy into it.

It is similar as believing in UFO

Those who actually saw and experienced UFO (including commercial pilots ,few astronauts, some world leaders including one US president) believe the existence of UFO without any doubts.

Those with scientific knowledge of our universe and multiverse can assume the possibility of other intelligent beings beside mere humans on this earth.

Hence, those of us who are living thru TF/SC connections can believe its existence after a while and after exploring all other possibilities.
Frankly, it is not something that one wants to believe, it is something that one ended up believing because... (after decades of having it and suffering with it...)

Those few with spiritual gifts who have the abilities to see beyond this physical realm can also see these connections - with its long histories and its strong unbreakable energy bonds.

I agree that it can be damaging concept for those who 'wants' to believe so they can justify their unhealthy attachments to the person - including justifying why they need to breakup marriages, having an affair with a married person, desiring much younger women, and creating bad karma with others that they harm in the process. etc etc
Old 02-03-2019, 06:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AraceliCianna
I think the thing with the twin flame concept is that maybe it doesn't harm others (perhaps with the exception of the so called 'runner' who may feel harassed in some cases), but it harms people themselves. It is a belief that could go either way, helpful or unhelpful. And sometimes that way can be unhelpful or even toxic, which is what is worrying.

Only if you can't deal with your own rubbish, regardless of the twin concept we can't blame it toxicity or not, we are all responsible for ourselves. If it wasn't the tf idea, it would be an eating disorder maybe, or alcoholism, or violence or some innate way to self harm. We're human there is something kinda warped in trying to blame outside things so that we can pretend that we are not to some degree culpable. The fad is never the problem...

Therefore I think everyone to their own... I am not a big fan of labels anyway, I think that they limit people...
Old 02-03-2019, 09:00 PM
Master
Wouldn't be easier to just be yourself, go with the flow of life and work on yourself instead chasing someone or some destination.

If something is meant to be it will whether you want it or not.
Same goes with it not going to happen. Can't force things without serious consequences.