Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 09-10-2016, 01:55 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Within Silence
Yes in a way; I am asking if your experiences are in fact synchronistic or do you just see them (interpret them) that way?

How we see things is rooted in the foundational basis which we are seeing them through, we see /perceive/interpret experiences through our "thought filters" or "thought system" and thus, if at my root is the foundational belief that I will go to hell if I'm not a Christian, then I will interpret certain experiences to try and validate this belief.
So, in order to prove if what I'm perceiving as a synchronicity is true, I must first prove if my foundational belief is in fact true; thus I must enquire into whether or not there is in fact a hell, and that all non-Christians must end up there. So, is that in fact actually true? Are beliefs absolutely factually true?

Let's say I was born in India and raised in the Hindu faith, thus I have at my root/foundation (how I see things- the thought system/filters I see certain experiences through) the beliefs of Hinduism, and I can not help this because as a child I was inundated with these beliefs, and as children we are at the mercy of our surroundings, our parents, teachers and those we've looked up too. So for a time we are like sponges, soaking up everything we're told and see, except we don't ring the sponge out, at least not for awhile, and so we go through life AS IF what we believe is the absolute truth. And for the Hindu, what they believe is the truth, and so for the Christian, and so for the Buddhist, and so for the Atheist, etc. so what we see is that beliefs are that, beliefs, not that they're wrong so much but rather we see that beliefs shape our reality.

So, at certain times in our life we being to ring the sponge out perse, we begin to question our beliefs, to enquire into ourselves and ask if what we believe is serving us in a positive way, and it is this path of self enquiry which may reveal some very profound things. This in fact happened to me in my life, and so I set out on a path (about 8 years worth) of intensive study/enquiry/meditation in an attempt to know the truth. This was a process of self dis-cover-ry, to dis-cover (remove the cover/vail) of my own limited beliefs. I'm sorry I cannot explain it any better than this. This is an experiential process that only you can do for yourself, others can guide, books can guide, but you must do the seeing, and you do it naturally, it happens naturally, its intuitive.

So, I suggest that perhaps reading other religious/spiritual scriptures, maybe some psychology books like I mentioned in the previous post, and spending some time in meditation and self enquiry may be of benefit to you.

Please know that I am not making light of your experiences, nor trying to disregard any of it, I am trying through the vehicle of my own experiences and knowledge to help you see your present experiences in a different light.

Its very easy to succumb to fear, it is a powerful force, but you are far more powerful than it, as, for lack of a better analogy; you are the sun not the shadow, hence fear is a shadow that you're projecting as the sun.

Look if you're trying to say these are all coincidences THEYRE NOT IF YOURE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE ME THEN GO AWAY
Old 09-10-2016, 08:03 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Please help me
Old 11-10-2016, 03:58 PM
mindanalyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21771
for a while now I've been afraid of being damned to hell for not being Christian and every time I start to believe that's not going to happen a synchronicity happens that involves Christianity or hell is this god sending me these signs trying to get me to convert, or is it something else

I respect everybody opinion but since this is a forum I will give you mine [with a sincere and the best intention at heart]:

Do you believe in God? ... Because he believes in you. Sometimes we get the message, we get the call, but ... we get it distorted by our limited views, filtered by our own preconceptions. It happens to me all the time

Personally I believe in God and I pray to God in the name of Jesus Christ for discernment and wisdom, to be able to recognize the real from the illusory.

For me the faith in Jesus Christ and recognizing him as the son of God, son of Man and redeemer, is all that matters. Some people get their peace by other means and other spiritualities, for some of us, we get it from our Father and his divine love.

We human beings are flawed, our Father understands that but he has the power to transform us, step by step, inch by inch, to get closer and closer to him. We just need to submit to him ...

A christian friend of mine, clashes with me all the time to the point that our relationship is quite strained simply because his views are way too fundamentalists and abrasive. I have tried several approaches to try to explain my points but there is no understanding with him; He interprets what is written in the bible 100% literally and I disagree with that.

I told him that instead of getting people closer to God because of what he is and all he has done for us, he is instead putting fear in the mind of people by preaching the wrong message.

Please, do not let fear control you; Jesus Christ gave his life for us, He is the ONLY way to the father. Pray to him, ask him for help and inch by inch your life will get in the right direction. Accept him because his is the right way, not because of any fear you might have
Old 11-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Look if you're trying to say these are all coincidences THEYRE NOT IF YOURE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE ME THEN GO AWAY

I believe you ask2177, I believe that everything you've shared has happened exactly as you've described it, exactly as you see it, but I do not believe that God is trying to tell you that you're going to hell.

I do not believe in God that dishes out eternal punishment, this does not and has not ever made sense to me. I also do not believe in a literal "hell" as a "physical place" of eternal torture, as this also does not serve a purpose for creation, for a creative loving God.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Ascender
Ask21771 what was it like growing up? Did you live in a religious family home? Have you been threatened by any person?

You mentioned that you're not a Christian but you sound scared of God punishing you for not being a Christian.

Also can you give examples of the synchronicities you're having?

Sorry to ask you all these qustions but I want to try and help you in some way.
Old 16-10-2016, 01:06 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howla Dark
Ask21771 what was it like growing up? Did you live in a religious family home? Have you been threatened by any person?

You mentioned that you're not a Christian but you sound scared of God punishing you for not being a Christian.

Also can you give examples of the synchronicities you're having?

Sorry to ask you all these qustions but I want to try and help you in some way.

I had a traumatic experience involving hell some years ago
Old 16-10-2016, 06:35 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Does the bible say satan can do the following

answer prayers

Send signs and/or synchronicities
Old 17-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

ANSWER ME!!!!!
Old 17-10-2016, 08:12 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
for a while now I've been afraid of being damned to hell for not being Christian and every time I start to believe that's not going to happen a synchronicity happens that involves Christianity or hell is this god sending me these signs trying to get me to convert, or is it something else

Hi Ask,

The same thing has happened to me... I'm assuming you were raised Christian? I was raised fundamental baptist so once I starting exploring spirituality I thought God was giving me signs too. In my opinion, these signs are popping up because we're attracting them with "fear". You know how they say you attract what you focus on? Well, at this point in your life, your focus on not being a Christian (and its results) are really strong, so you're attracting things in your life that match your fears (e.g. going to hell).

What I did to overcome this was to RE-FOCUS my attention anytime I thought I was getting a message from God telling me I was doing the wrong thing. I would read why I was no longer a religious Christian (I still believe in Jesus) and quickly ignore the so-called signs I thought I was receiving. Yes, I felt bad at the time--just because it's hard to break away from Christianity when you've been raised that way--but every time I did that it got easier. To be honest, I only remember having to do it 3-4 times then it stopped happening...but it took me over a year to get to that point because I'd usually give in after the first "so called sign" because I was scared.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like. Best wishes!
Old 22-10-2016, 06:49 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Does the bible say God uses signs and synchronicities to tell us to convert