Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 21-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Knower

Fearing God vs. Loving God

I got a spam message which fascinated me because receiving a message like this on a forum like this is very unusual, it would be like trying to bring the ideals of ISIS to a Buddhist monastery. Heres the message and my response (I have to email him the response since he has PMs blocked):

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustee11
God bless you and thanks,
how are you? Happy to meet you. I got your contact via this site, I seriously have interest to invest on a profitable business in your country, the money I want to invest was acquired from my church member, and then I was his financial adviser. The amount to invest is ($14.5 million US dollars) presently, but I’m the present Catholic Church leader in my parish, if you will like to assist me as a partner, you must have the fear of God? kindly indicate your interest, and all other details relating to the funds will be revealed to you as we progress on. Confidentiality contact my direct e-mail address ([email protected] or [email protected]) also indicate your direct telephone number, when replying this mail, God will guide us and with good health Amen,
God bless you and your family,
Rev, Chris

Sorry, I don't fear God. I've met God, and hes more about love than fear. I've met the devil too, if you want fear then the devil would be the one to talk to.

My intent is to help all sentient beings become free ignorance and suffering (the latter is really just the result of the former), and to know God on such an intimate level that immense love, compassion and loving kindness is just ones natural state. I seek to do my part to free all people from financial enslavement, illness and all causes of suffering.

With those funds, we could help many people on a profound level, but no amount of money or anything else could cause me to fear God, so I'm afraid I don't fit the criteria. Ask yourself the question, can you love and fear someone at the same time? If you fear God, are you preventing yourself from loving God? Giving the choice between loving and fearing God, which is more important? What would Jesus choose?

Heres a quote from the bible:
"Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations."

If you were God, would you require that people fear you? Or would you give them reason to love you? Would you rather be feared or loved? Heres another quote from the bible:

"But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked."

So God loves all beings. Jesus encouraged his followers to do the same and let them know that they will become "the children of the Most High".

If you fear something or someone, are you more inclined to move closer to them, or to run away from them? On the flipside, if you someone or something, are you more inclined to move closer to them or run away from them?

If you're looking for new converts to the religion of fear, you really didn't pick a good place to look. I wish you well and may you be blessed with wisdom, love and compassion.

BTW I was referring to God as "he" just in order to appear in alignment with the beliefs of the person with the message. God is obviously beyond some superficial manifestation of duality as gender. Gods beyond anything the mind can comprehend because Gods not bound by logic. Like Schrodingers cat, God is all things and that includes things which cannot logically exist together. I tried explaining some of t hese things to a Jehovahs witness once, I started by telling him the theory that Jesus was in fact a mushroom and the 12 apostles were a mushroom cult who received the knowledge of God from within with the aid of mushrooms. I don't actually believe that, its just a funny (and thus non offensive) way to offer a belief to a rigid Christian which would shatter their whole belief system is they accepted it. I can provide plenty of "evidence" to go with it, the man the Vatican appointed to decipher the dead sea scrolls after they were deciphered, his name was John Allegro. After over a decade of research, his conclusion was that Jesus was an anthromorphism of the magic mushroom and that the people behind writing the bible were using mushrooms as a sacrament. The book is called The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sa..._and_the_Cross

What I've come to understand is that the bible is an attempt by spiritually aware people at the time to preserve the wisdom and understanding of the path to God/enlightenment/awakening, they encoded the knowledge in written symbolic metaphors knowing that it would be preserved and the knowledge would for generations be hidden in plain sight for those with the eyes to see it (those on the spiritual path who seek liberation/awakening/freedom from suffering of all sentient beings. Those who seek power over others don't have the eyes to see beyond what appears on the surface, and what appears on the surface poses no threat (on the contrary, they could use it as a tool to gain control) to the sense of control of those on the path of darkness and so those on the path of darkness rather than seek to destroy it, ensured that it would be preserved. Just like the alchemists in medieval Europe and their transmutation of lead into gold. Those who seek "en"lightenment, illumination see the true meaning, darkness into light. Those who seek power, control, material wealth can't see past the superficial literal meaning, and alchemy was protected by the powers that be who believed alchemists could bring the ability to create gold from toxic lead. I don't believe any true alchemists ever believed in the actual physical transmutation of lead into gold, and I'm pretty sure had very little interest in that material pursuit as the purpose of the great work is to free spirit from its apparent entrapment in the material world.
Old 21-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Master
So, initially my response to your post is,
"What is your problem, and true issue?"
And, what is it that you aren't percieving about the meaning of "fear", here?
Regarding reverential awe, and respect?

Which is justly due, The Almighty.
?
Obviously your correspondence is a scam, but nevertheless...

The Dead Sea Scrolls? They are a collection of writings which are found in our modern old testament books of the Bible.
Not of the New Testament.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein